Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Always Next Year

Not Fair We Should Be Top (return of 5 subs)

21 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Here we go again, some of the so called Big Six saying they need 5 subs and playing to many games a week, do you here little old Leicester complaining.

Not top of the league so let’s see how we can turn it to our advantage.

They really don’t like being second best.

I know it's not the point you are making, not being serious, but I have a bee in my bonnet about using that phrase - even in jest.

We are massively respected in the game. Not by the media, as we don't make the media enough clicks. But we narked Pep and Arteta not because we are some unwelcome guest. We nark them because we are better than them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Pep has moaned about it and hasn't even used all 3 subs in most games this year. Its the big clubs crying because they're not winning every week. 

But this is where it comes down to the manager getting his tactics right and selecting the right players. He's not likely to use all 3 subs because if he's got it wrong, its unlikely to impact the game as much as he would like. Having 5 subs means you can change out half your 1st 11 and completely change your setup and style.

This stinks of "elite" managers of "elite" clubs spitting their dummy out because things aren't going their way. Ridiculous arguments too. 

Playing 2 games a week is nothing new to these teams, and while the schedule is slightly tighter this year, and I do think pointless international games could be done away with for the time being, it's not that much different to how things normally are this time of year. Its because they've had 5 subs and now they're using excuses to be allowed them again. 

The only difference this year to any other (and it's a topic for another discussion) is fans not being in the stadium, which I genuinely believe has had a huge impact on players, some negatively, but on the whole some more positively and that's skewed the results so far this season, meaning there appears to be a more level playing field and the "big boys" aren't having it all there own way 

• Like 1

they should forfeit their champions league places then, then the players can get a rest. Or maybe make it knockouts?

Is the fixture pile up much different to every other year for the European clubs? 

Its a unique season, I don't think the sub rule makes too much difference in terms fitness. Biggest difference was the lack of pre-season and recuperation period inbetween seasons, I feel for players who then have the euros in the summer. The 2022 world up not being in the summer at least gives them a break rather than back to back summer tournaments, even if the fixtures will pile up at some point. 

Its up to clubs to manage their players, every player has to miss a game taking it in turns, if they're really bothered. They don't even see how it benefits them to be able to leave their best players on the bench to begin with and make 3 changes at half time if things aren't going well. Chelsea did that to us last year and completely changed the game. 

Its not helped the Premier League that all other leagues have done it, and European competitions too. Can the Premier League force the rule change without enough votes? because I think they will if they can. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Its not helped the Premier League that all other leagues have done it, and European competitions too. Can the Premier League force the rule change without enough votes? because I think they will if they can. 

no they cant but as the season progresses, those non top six clubs who consider themselves 'safe' may decide to change their stance. and if they do, the PL may decide to change it in mid jan when we have had 19 games played.

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

no they cant but as the season progresses, those non top six clubs who consider themselves 'safe' may decide to change their stance. and if they do, the PL may decide to change it in mid jan when we have had 19 games played.

January would be fine, we should hopefully have a fully fit squad by then and be one of the teams to benefit from it :whistle:

46 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

But it still favours the big six so we shouldn’t vote for it

the fact we are top with the worst injury list out there re starters and playing EL shows that the big clubs are just whinging 

players don’t need ‘protecting’ - they are paid well and if they get an injury then that just too bad 

The unpredictability of the league over rides everything at the moment - makes it a far better tv  spectacle than the past couple seasons 

100% agree. Though I don’t think it hinders is as much as it would’ve done three years ago which shows great progress.

33 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Its just embarrassing that the clubs with the ability to rotate their squads are the ones moaning. 

Yep. It's always the managers with the biggest resources that moan. The smaller clubs/little squads/much less resources just get on with it because that's how it's been for years.

I'm fed up with these people think they are entitled and trying to change our game over here.

• Like 3

The thing I hate most about this idea/moaning is I can just see for instance Burnley winning 1-0 against Man City at half time, pep goes ahead and makes 3 changes at half time, changes the game, throws on 2 more with 20 to go and Man City end up winning 3-1. Its not fair on the smaller clubs, us included, when going up against those with unlimited resources.

Imagine what Kopp would say if this goes ahead and the same scenario happens against Liverpool who could be missing a few to injury, don't think he'd be so in favour of it then

• Like 3

These moaning managers have a massive pool of international players they can call on to play whereas teams like us, Southampton, Villa & Palace don’t have that luxury but are still in the top 10. They always have to blame something when they don’t win every game... :thumbdown:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

For once, I think our squad is good enough to benefit from the 5 subs rule.

So do I, I think our recent ability to field what are considered 2nd strength players , but we know they’re obviously not, has more  than demonstrated our strength in depth. Imagine what it’s going to be like when all the players are back match fit. Take off mendy and bring on ndidi, take off Castangne and bring on Ricardo. So many options.

6 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

These moaning managers have a massive pool of international players they can call on to play whereas teams like us, Southampton, Villa & Palace don’t have that luxury but are still in the top 10. They always have to blame something when they don’t win every game... :thumbdown:

have they? Man City might but what about spurs or Arsenal. Who replaces Alexander Arnold at Liverpool?