Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Always Next Year

Not Fair We Should Be Top (return of 5 subs)

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

But this is where it comes down to the manager getting his tactics right and selecting the right players. He's not likely to use all 3 subs because if he's got it wrong, its unlikely to impact the game as much as he would like. Having 5 subs means you can change out half your 1st 11 and completely change your setup and style.

If the only way you can change setup/style is by changing half the team, then you just aren't an elite manager. Sorry if they don't like hearing that, but it is what it is.

We've completely changed games in the past (for better and worse) with a single well-timed substitution, let alone three. Mendy on as a 2nd CDM in place of a winger when defending a slender lead, a 3rd CB and pushing the FBs to WBs, etc. I'm sure @StriderHiryu could come up with a whole host of examples where a substitution has changed the flow of the game. If Pep, Klopp, Ole etc can't do that with the wealth of talent available to them, then quite frankly they're not that good.

No wonder they're angling for a rule change - they're doing everything they can to keep the perception of them where they think it deserves to be, and this would help with that. We're proving that it doesn't have to be done their way to achieve success, and we're making them look bad. Long may it continue

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yep. It's always the managers with the biggest resources that moan. The smaller clubs/little squads/much less resources just get on with it because that's how it's been for years.

I'm fed up with these people think they are entitled and trying to change our game over here.

..let's  not go all xenophobic with this..!!!

Three subs is enough, perhaps they need to invest in Strength and Conditioning as no doubt the lesser clubs have sought to do this in a way to stay competitive. 

Forgetting the fitness stuff, its rubbish for the flow of the game. Was very difficult for anyone to come from behind after the lockdown but the game in the second half was so stop start. Yes I know it was coupled with the drinks break which made it worse. Ridiculous that they don't include half time subs in your 3 substitution allowance either. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1

Glad our manager and club aren't as moany. Just get on with the job they're paid to do. 

Pep and Klopp just being sore losers.

Pep hasn't even used subs in 4 of their last 5 games! Klopp the same for 2 of their recent league games. It makes their logic and argument heavily flawed. 

They're just arsey cos they're not winning nearly every game like in previous seasons. Anything to deflect from their own team's shortcomings. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Glad our manager and club aren't as moany. Just get on with the job they're paid to do. 

Pep and Klopp just being sore losers.

Pep hasn't even used 3 subs in 4 of their last 5 games! Klopp the same for 2 of their recent league games. It makes their logic and argument heavily flawed. 

They're just arsey cos they're not winning nearly every game like in previous seasons. Anything to deflect from their own team's shortcomings. 

More people need to be talking about this. 

Pep and Klopp have a point, but if they aren't even using all of their subs then why are they even complaining?!

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Pep has moaned about it and hasn't even used all 3 subs in most games this year. Its the big clubs crying because they're not winning every week. 

Haha they're probably moaning that the smaller clubs aren't encouraged to use 5 subs and disrupt their rhythm in games and give the bigger clubs a better chance of a result. Pathetic piss ants.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

But it still favours the big six so we shouldn’t vote for it

the fact we are top with the worst injury list out there re starters and playing EL shows that the big clubs are just whinging 

players don’t need ‘protecting’ - they are paid well and if they get an injury then that just too bad 

The unpredictability of the league over rides everything at the moment - makes it a far better tv  spectacle than the past couple seasons 

I also think Brendan has absolutely done an amazing job over the last 6 games managing the squad and more than bought us time till the cavalry arrives next month, whats amazing is that over the last 6 games which players have performed badly, they are all playing well at the same time repeatedly.  Might not win the title as its very competitive with Liverpool & Man C but again top 4 is a massive shout and I think the players and Brendan have all learnt how to manage the situation, an exciting 30 games beckons.  We have a very very very good squad, lets hope they all stay happy, motivated and confident.

17 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I did think Ole had a point about fixture scheduling though. If you're away in europe Wednesday or Thursday you should be one the latter games of the weekend. That makes sense. 

Yes, I think Klopp made the same point and I agree. 

I don’t want the 5 subs thing for other reasons like gamesmanship to run the clock down or disrupt the flow. The game is also stop/ start enough with VAR without more subs. 

But I do think that a team playing on wed/thurs should always be given the later games. That’s just common sense 

28 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I did think Ole had a point about fixture scheduling though. If you're away in europe Wednesday or Thursday you should be one the latter games of the weekend. That makes sense. 

I couldn't get my head around us playing Leeds on Monday then on Thursday. Surely we should have been Sat/Sun ko not Monday.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I couldn't get my head around us playing Leeds on Monday then on Thursday. Surely we should have been Sat/Sun ko not Monday.

We were away in Athens the Thursday before though. So could only have been Sunday, extra day to Monday probably helped us and being at home at Braga rather away.

Its a difficult balancing act, not sure about klopps complaints seeing as they played at 4.30 on a Sunday but Man Utd playing at 12.30 Sat was ridiculous. Difficult because if you play Sunday after a Wednesday game in champions league the following week you're going to have a Tuesday champions league game (unless its an international break)

• Like 1

Jimbo and davieG had it right earlier...........

It's about those teams with a squad of 25 internationals being able to change half their team at once - and with it their whole game plan - if they find the opposition have sussed them.

You can't do that with three subs

B*gger all to do with owt else - just gaining an advantage over the upstarts who threaten their elitist group.

Edited by Frank Large's Black Book

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

But it still favours the big six so we shouldn’t vote for it

the fact we are top with the worst injury list out there re starters and playing EL shows that the big clubs are just whinging 

players don’t need ‘protecting’ - they are paid well and if they get an injury then that just too bad 

The unpredictability of the league over rides everything at the moment - makes it a far better tv  spectacle than the past couple seasons 

the five sub rule favours the big clubs - it also stops games become stretched and we score most of our goals in the  last quarter - oppose it  with everything we have.  Just cos thy are losing they want to change the rules!

41 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

I also think Brendan has absolutely done an amazing job over the last 6 games managing the squad and more than bought us time till the cavalry arrives next month, whats amazing is that over the last 6 games which players have performed badly, they are all playing well at the same time repeatedly.  Might not win the title as its very competitive with Liverpool & Man C but again top 4 is a massive shout and I think the players and Brendan have all learnt how to manage the situation, an exciting 30 games beckons.  We have a very very very good squad, lets hope they all stay happy, motivated and confident.

Well said.. I also expect Chelsea to be top three this year. 4th would be massive for us

6 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Klopp losing his best player for the season was nothing to do with how many subs are allowed.

It was because of a terrible tackle by an opponent.

Been some revisionism over TAA's injury. It was sustained in a challenge. His hammy didn't pop as he was running due to fatigue. 

21 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He's moaning about travel when his club is advocating for a European "Super League". Fvcking div lol 

Equally if Klopp and Ole want to moan about the television selections and in particular the 12.30 slot. Do away with BT's broadcasting deal. Do away with the 12.30 being the most vital spot for Asian markets. Do away with their demands on the foreign broadcasting deals being skewed towards the big six. 

• Like 1