Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

LBW? 

6 minutes ago, whitlock said:

Nope, Gay.

Well I’m well confused now ...   I though the L might be Lesbian but I always thought Henderson was a bloke ..  maybe it needs the Q bit in it ...  although tbh I’m still not really sure what Q means ...   

on the Anfield atmosphere. I went to the 1-1 there last year. They scored after a couple of minutes and the noise was impressive, but as the game wore on, and we came back into it, the tension around the ground was palpable. It had to feed through to the players. At times the atmosphere there is awesome, and personally I love their stadium, but like all fans, they're quick to moan when things don't go their way. I don't think we're immune from criticism on that front

• Thanks 1

I'm starting to envisage a tight but intense game, 1-1 both pens, won by Vardy & Mane most likely. All this talk about injuries and weaknesses boils down to how can we force their supposed weak link CB Phillips into making goal costing mistakes. Offensively they have plenty to keep us busy and Milner & Robertson will be fine full backs, it's just whether their line up gels and whether there is a weak link. Look at us on paper vs Arsenal and still getting the win, the important thing is the relationship between the players selected and the understanding of the plan.

By the way, are we allowed to select Choudhury on the bench or didn't Klopp ban him from our games with Liverpool? Scenes when he takes out Matip or Phillips. Even better if he slides off the pitch and takes out Klopp too!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

Getting slightly worried by all the pundits talking us up for the game against Liverpool, how Bredan is up there with Pep and Klopp, and how our attack is perfectly setup to damage Liverpool's absent first choice back four. Everytime I feel confident of a Leicester win, it backfires, so I'm still erring on the side of caution abou the match and think we would do well to leave Anfield with a draw.

If we had our full strength line-up, I would put us as favourites, but the reverse is true for Liverpool.....

If we all moan like hell and slag off the lineup and manager first, it tends to work out in the end... :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Their kop is a myth.

The switch to all-seater stadia ruined the atmosphere in a lot of grounds, not just Liverpool.

Check out some of the vids from the Seventies and Eighties - the Kop was truly intimidating back then.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, the fox said:

make or break fixture imo. win this and we have 3 winnable games next. 12 points before Everton, Man U, and spurs.

How long have you been a Leicester fan?

We'll beat Liverpool then lose at least 2 of the winnable games, before beating Everton, losing to United and drawing to Spurslol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I think it's the best time to play them - what with injuries and no crowds etc. But they've been amazing for 3 years and the records speak for themselves. Regardless of available personnel. Leicester too of course have loads of injuries at the back and they've still got Mane, Firmino, Jota etc

The way the media works - if Liverpool get anything out of it, it'll be well done them and portray them as somehow being underdogs prevailing in the face of adversity. If Leicester get anything, it'll be all about Liverpool's injuries...

Although if we beat Liverpool at stay top and the focus is all on Liverpool that might suit us...

• Like 2

Nice to know Klopp sees recognises we're not at full strength either...

Leicester showed last year how good they can be. they have changed style slightly maybe because of the injuries they have had.

"They are in a good moment and have a clear idea of how they want to play. they are contenders for everything."

From the press conference:

Rodgers on injuries

"Ricardo’s in training with the group and he’ll most probably play in a reserve game next week. Wilf is out on the field but still has a number of weeks to go. Soyuncu likewise. Castagne is back in again which is great news, and Wesley Fofana is fine."

Ever a good time to play Liverpool?

"Not really. They’ve got top class players. We’ve seen it ourselves with our injuries that the players have come in and done really well and that will be the same for them. It will be a really tough game."

Concerned about international fixtures?

"Everyone could look at the friendly fixtures that were put in there. Our thoughts are with the players’ welfare. That’s the internationals done now."

On title race

"I haven’t even thought about it. We’ve only played eight games. We want to keep the humility we have in the group and prepare as best as we can for every game."

Five subs?

"As it has evolved and seeing the intensity of the games, and looking forward to it, I wouldn’t be against being able to use five subs. From a player management perspective, it would certainly benefit."

Rodgers' Liverpool ties have affect on players?

“It doesn’t mean anything for the players. Liverpool is an incredible club, they’ve been Premier League champions and European champions. They’re a top-level team. We know we have to be at our best to get a result."

Tactical battle?

“It’s an extremely difficult one. Even with players missing it’s still a squad of world-class players. You’re going to have to be aggressive when you’re defending and clinical in attack. You want to play the best and they have clearly been that."

Away record?

“In any game away from home, you’ve got to defend well, you’ve got to be strong. You’ve got to be efficient with the ball. That’s been pleasing, that we’re developing different ways to win. At Man City we had 28 per cent possession, but it was all dangerous possession. If you look at Villa against Liverpool, they have 30 per cent possession. Be dangerous and be a threat when you have it. You then have to be organised and have a bit of a luck."

On VAR change

“I don’t overthink it to be honest. I trust the officials."

Having Castagne back could be huge as Mane and Robertson should start this match. That's their most dangerous side so having one of our best fullbacks ready for that challenge is a big deal. He had a great duel against Jack Grealish earlier in the season. Villa won the game, but Castagne handled him very well. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Five subs?

"As it has evolved and seeing the intensity of the games, and looking forward to it, I wouldn’t be against being able to use five subs. From a player management perspective, it would certainly benefit."

Interesting.

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Interesting.

Compared to last season we are in a much stronger position squad wise. Under, Nacho, Perez, Praet, Albrighton are all very good options to be able to bring on. Morgan, Hamza and Fuchs great to see out games. When / if all injuries are cleared we’d even have Mendy, JJ and Thomas on the bench too. All of these players have proved they can make a big difference so compared to last season it’s better for us. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Well I’m well confused now ...   I though the L might be Lesbian but I always thought Henderson was a bloke ..  maybe it needs the Q bit in it ...  although tbh I’m still not really sure what Q means ...   

Mine was a cricket reference. 

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

When were you there out of interest? I've been there 3 of the 6 games at anfield since our last promotion and to me the atmosphere was bitterly disappointing.

That being said its relative to the opposition. we aren't really a big game for Liverpool ask a Burnley fan about the atmosphere at the kp and they would probably be dissapointed too where's a man United or villa fan would say its pretty good. 

Not been there for any of our games, but work with a lot of Americans and a couple of them were huge fans (they’ve all been ‘repatriated’ since, so I am spared the torture these days). You’re probably right since they were only interested in attending “big” games.

Edited by NaijaFox

56 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Interesting.

There was a Premier League meeting on Wednesday where this was discussed, and Klopp has mentioned in an interview that 6 clubs have changed their minds and are now in favour of 5 subs

Going along with what Brendan said looks like we could be one of the six

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-five-subs-23040220

Edited by moore_94