Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

We’re being put to the sword by a few Cockwomble pundits thinking even a dodgy Liverpool put together band of 1st and academy players will beat Leicester, a rag tag bunch of a team yes they may put up a good fight but I still think we will beat them I’m going and have been for a while going for a 3+ win for the Foxes the best time for us to end a 63 game home non loss for the scousers !

unfortunately I finish work around 20:30ish tomorrow so hoping to be able to catch most of first half then second at home 🙏  I think this might be our best display of the season especially with the players coming back into the fold the likes of Ricardo Maddison getting fitter Vardy just being Vardy, really looking forward to this one to show the doubters that we are a top 4 team we may have evolved in our stature but some can’t handle the fact that it’s not just Man U Spurs Arsenal Chelsea etc anymore we’ve crashed the party and here to stay and hopefully from Sunday night show our true intentions!!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS IN BRENDAN & LCFC WE TRUST !

• Like 4

12 hours ago, tetly said:

Brendan is going to need them headache pills soon. It’s getting hard to predict the starting 11 now we are getting players fit again. 
It would be amazing to win there and end Liverpools  long unbeaten run at home. Another big achievement / record I think we can do it.

Kinnell it was hard enough predicting them when he went on his ****ing mental team selections and mad as Fook winning streak! 

We can’t have Spurs staring down at us. It’s our duty to win and take top spot before they get vertigo. 

however, despite all of Liverpool’s injuries and everything else, Klopp is a bloody good manager and me thinks he may out think Brenda. 

• Like 1

Anything but a loss is a terrific result today. The media have already set up their excuses for a Liverpool defeat hoping to write about their win under the circumstances of the worst injury list in history. 

Their home record is outstanding and automatically gives them an edge psychologically. 

If we lose, we lose, I just hope, that if we do that, it's not a stale display a la West Ham or through Liverpool getting the edge from a dodgy decision as has been the way seemingly every time we've played these in recent years. 

We've got a chance, but the way we've been playing recently means we have a chance against anyone. The squad have been boosted by the sights of Ndidi, Soyuncu and Ricky back in training. The feeling is good.

I just feel like with all thats been made of Liverpool and their injury list, the media reports, the memes and then Sarah adding to it with his Covid result, it's just set up in the stars for a Liverpool win. They're in a no lose situation, win and everything is about how great they are, lose and its because they've been so unlucky with injuries. All the pressure to get a result seems to be on us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

We can’t have Spurs staring down at us. It’s our duty to win and take top spot before they get vertigo. 

however, despite all of Liverpool’s injuries and everything else, Klopp is a bloody good manager and me thinks he may out think Brenda. 

Wouldn't it be great if we trailed behind Tottenham right up until the last match or two, a reverse of 2016. Only we take the title at the death. The meltdown would be epic. 

3 hours ago, Buce said:

I really hope Brendan sets up to win this, we'll never have a better chance of beating them.

I'd be happy if he sets us up like we did against Man City. It would be naive to think we can go to Anfield and just go all out attack and beat them. If we go gung ho they will destroy us, injuries or not. We have to be clever and still accept that Liverpool will have a very strong side and will still have a front 3 of Mane, Firmino and Jota. The over confidence in some of our fans worries me 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I'd be happy if he sets us up like we did against Man City. It would be naive to think we can go to Anfield and just go all out attack and beat them. If we go gung ho they will destroy us, injuries or not. We have to be clever and still accept that Liverpool will have a very strong side and will still have a front 3 of Mane, Firmino and Jota. The over confidence in some of our fans worries me 

They have a strong team, irrespective of their injuries .....perhaps the best keeper, left back and left sided striker in world football 

I think we play a low block to draw them onto us and try to expose their defence on the break. However, firmino is a v clever link up player in a congested game and little wes will need to stay disciplined not to be tempted into diving in to nick the ball too much ...

it’s a v tough call as to how to approach the game and even tougher to get a result ....

27 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

We're playing in white rather than blue today :thumbdown:

I actually did think this last night. It wouldn’t surprise me if we did as we haven’t worn white so far in the PL. :dry:

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

We play them last match at home ......

Or they get the required result to take the title at the KP. 

Harry lifting the pot at our place would piss a good few off on here. 

Of course, I could get banned on here for describing that image 😄😄