Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How long have you been a Leicester fan?

We'll beat Liverpool then lose at least 2 of the winnable games, before beating Everton, losing to United and drawing to Spurslol

lol nah. I see us losing to Liverpool 3-1/3-2, Drawing United and Losing to Spurs. As for the next 3 games after Liverpool, 7 points at least.

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

I can see Fuchs dropping out and Thomas and Timmy starting in a 5 with JJ moving to rcb. But I know less then fcuk all 

Given Salah’s absence, they’re likely to play Mane on the right (while Jota plays on the left). That might too much a load for Thomas to handle.

With Fofana and Timmy being fit and Liverpool's defensive injuries, wonder if Brendan might be tempted to go for a back 4, to allow us to include a more attacking player instead of Fuchs as a 3rd CB ie something like:

Kasper

Timmy, Fofana, Evans, Justin

Praet Mendy Youri

Maddison Vardy Barnes

Suspect he won't do this. But it shows the number of options we have to play in different ways, which will keep Liverpool guessing and uncertain about our plans.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

lol nah. I see us losing to Liverpool 3-1/3-2, Drawing United and Losing to Spurs. As for the next 3 games after Liverpool, 7 points at least.

I see 9 points (but I am ever the optimist :scarf:), especially if we beat Braga and get to rest players on EL nights.

I respect all 3 teams, and expect Sheffield Utd to be fighting for Wilder’s job. Brighton is also a good team on their day, but funny enough I think Fulham might just be the banana peel in that bunch. They are quite capable of sporadically playing some very good football.

Because of the last three results I’m really relaxed about the game on Sunday. Don’t get me wrong, I really want to win and think it’s a good opportunity to do so. However, if we lose it’s not the end of the world and we have a decent set of fixtures next to set it right.

First time I’ve looked forward to a game since pre-lockdown 1. 

• Like 1

Kasper     
          Justin Evans Fofana 

Albrighton                        Castagne    
          Mendy Tielmans  Praet 

Barnes 

Vardy

Obviously barnes would operate more in wide positions. That’s the side I’d go with.        

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Every team is beatable this season.  We are as good as anyone.

And everyone is capable of beating us....

I am always wary, when this forum starts too early ,to presume we have the reached the hights of the PL untouchables,that its far easier to win than stumble

through the tumbleweed of performances against " those others",

We are Leaning too much towards expected entitlement....Something many on this forum hated & loathed , in  direction the likes of Manutd/L'pool/Arsenal

Me..!!  I prefer to Play the 'nobodies-card'

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Did you ever think of a time where'd you'd say Ndidi and Ricardo are on the bench and that's ok!

If it's true that Henderson and Fabino are out too then they only have Origi off the bench, gotta be favourites surely.

I still think Liverpool have been over playing their injury problems. We know VVD, Gomez and Salah definitely wont play but I wouldn't be surprised to see the rest of them in the squad. Mind games from Klopp as he knows this is a very big game, even this early in the season. Regardless of who is/isn't fit for them, they will have a very strong team out. 

I'm more interested in our starting 11. Be interesting to see if he puts Justin in the back 3 along with Fofana and Evans as Fuchs may be vulnerable against Liverpool's pace. I'd imagine Castagne will play on the right and possibly Albrighton or Thomas on the left but could be a risk playing Thomas in such a big game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leicesterseddon said:

Interesting to hear BR say he now backs the 5-sub rule from a “personal perspective”.

Might not be the party line though? 

I imagine now that we have a whole raft of players returning it's played in to his hands to change tact a little. I'm still not keen as think it would still favour the bigger clubs who can rotate their squads more so. I can see why, now, the club wouldn't mind 5 subs being allowed.

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Blimey ...  Lesbian before wicket ...   the plot thickens ..

That’s quite enough of that, now move along Sir

5E4F6C22-F7B8-4EA5-AD93-B5508ED1F46F.jpeg.3b4d780f93f58c08544a2fc22c17aaa3.jpeg

Lesbian Avenue 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It’s a wrong - they are positive and should not be putting others in danger. 

what happens when they arrive in the U.K. ?

does someone leave their cars by the plane for them to get straight into !  Of course not .......they should not travel back until they have tested negative