Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

8 hours ago, Tanya said:

We are looking to start trying to have kids this year and if all goes well , I'm going to start the Foxes indoctrination in the womb. 

Just think of Vardy's volley against Liverpool during sex, but try not to shout 'YES' too loud as it frightens the neighbours.

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I don't get why more people don't realise this. They just say controversial/incorrect drivel just to rile people up and drive traffic to them. It's so obvious and yet our fan base is one of the worst for falling for it time and again.

We really aren't. 99 times out of 100 its a spurs/liverpool/utd fan screaming down the phone. 

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

If your my age (mid thirties) and went to a Leicester school with loads more arrogant, smug kids supporting Man United than Leicester then its hard to hate anyone else more even Liverpool. 

Mid forties and its Liverpool by a long shot for the same reason !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

VAR man has been changed at the request of Liverpool. I'm sure we'll have similar success if we ask to remove Kavanagh after his performance in this fixture a year ago. Absolutely embarrassing how much football bends over for Liverpool.

I would understand this if he was pulled from all fixtures in response to the mistake he made, but he's instead been made the REFEREE for the Man U game on Saturday. How does that make any sense?

It's almost as if they are trying to even up the balance with all of Liverpool's injuries!

18 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

I would understand this if he was pulled from all fixtures in response to the mistake he made, but he's instead been made the REFEREE for the Man U game on Saturday. How does that make any sense?

It's almost as if they are trying to even up the balance with all of Liverpool's injuries!

Probably because they didn’t want him anywhere near the Liverpool game. Which is good for us as he could’ve been in a position where he felt he had to give them something. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Rodgers probably showing his top notch man management again here. 

Cags probably looks forward to seeing his national team mates (let’s not forget he’s a young man living in a foreign country). He’s had a bit of a frustrating time out injured. Likely won’t be involved at the weekend. 

He’s gone away, done some training, seen some familiar faces. Nothing wrong with that. 

Yes I agree. A happy Cags has got to be a good thing. Whilst he's always given of his best, Fofana's performances won't have escaped his notice. There's room for everyone in a back 5 but in a 4, if fit, I would think that at this stage Evans will still be a first choice because of his experience. He's been invaluable alongside Maguire, Soyuncu and Fofana now. Cags seems a very proud and ultra competitive type and I don't see him doing anything stupid with his Turkish team-mates that may put his position in jeopardy. It's also good for his Turkish team-mates to see that they're from a happy camp also, the same goes for our Belgian players. 

• Like 2

I would expect at least one of Henderson or Robertson to be available. I wonder if they were given the nod from Liverpool to pull out of the last round of internationals.  

We are still going to have to be at our best to go there and win, can we win though? Of course we bloody can, and I can't wait for it!!

3 minutes ago, manders86 said:

I would expect at least one of Henderson or Robertson to be available. I wonder if they were given the nod from Liverpool to pull out of the last round of internationals.  

We are still going to have to be at our best to go there and win, can we win though? Of course we bloody can, and I can't wait for it!!

Robertson played 90 mins last night so will definitely play. Wouldn’t surprise me if Henderson does too.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Jesus if Liverpool beat us, the press/social media narrative is gonna have it up there with Harlow beating us in the FA cup.

Seem to remember that we'd just been beaten by Exeter in the FA Cup when we went to Anfield in 81 and ended their unbeaten home-run (which I think was even better then).

One of the best away days I can recall, made even sweeter by the fact that we were bloody awful back then. 

Danny Clender:  I've got this great idea for a joke

Mrs Clender:  Oh not again.... You know what happened last time.

Danny Clender:  No, really.  this one's quite funny.  Read it.

Mrs Clender:  Don't do it Danny.  Don't do it....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

"An imaginary conversation between Brendan Rodgers and Susan Wheelan"

The following story is based upon no fact at all. 

Susan:             When was the last time you saw them?

Brendan:         Saw who?

Susan:             Liverpool.

Brendan:         Oh, thank Heskey you didn't mean Celtic.

Susan:             Oh gosh, sorry, no I’ve forgotten about them. No I mean Liverpool, when was the last time you saw them?

Brendan:         Well yeah, it would have been last season's game at theirs,.

Susan:             Hmmm, not easy to forget that one.

Brendan:         I know…and what with everyone saying "oooooh, that was their best performance of the season" Perspective Susan, we had 8 players nursing severe Christmas Day hangovers.

Susan:            Really? Who?

Brendan:        Well, I mean, it’s all water under the bridge now, but let’s just say Evans and Vardy arrived at Anfield in a Golf Cart singing “You’ll never Drive Alone” and Jamie was wearing his Spiderman suit, I didn’t tell you for obvious reasons.

Susan:           Wow, and I thought we lost because you never picked Fofana.

Brendan:       Errrrrr he didn't play for us then. but funnily enough, Marc Albrighton was speaking to me in French because he thought I was Claude Puel.

Susan:          I never knew Marc could speak French.

Brendan:      Neither did he.

Susan:          Sorry to be nosy, but seeing how you mentioned them, how are Celtic?

Brendan:       No, it’s fine, they’re great…it’s getting better…each month is easier. Let me show you their pictures. There, they’re my first triplets…

Susan:           Ahhhh beautiful.

Brendan:      Thanks…they’re 3 years old now and these are my second triplets…they’re just over 2 now...and here’s me youngest.

Susan:          Ahhhh cute. How often do you get to see them?

Brendan:      Every other weekend when Celtic are away, it works perfectly well for both parties.

Susan:          Can’t be easy though. How does it compare with going back to Liverpool?

Brendan:      It’s not easy at all. You know, what with us losing the trophy together, it was truly horrendous to say the least.

Susan:          And do you still speak to Steven?

Brendan:      No. Since he’s been at Rangers, he slapped a 50 mile radius restraining order on me, so it’s impossible. I do miss him, but we’ve both moved on.

Susan:         Any friends still at Anfield?

Brendan:     Not so many now, but I still keep in touch with Jordan and obviously Jurgen, did I ever tell you that Jurgen lived in my house?, he was literally living rent free in my head............house.

Susan:         Err ha, yes you did, 5 times at the Christmas party.

Brendan:     Oh, sorry, it’s just such a funny story…what with him taking over my job at Liverpool and then moving into my…

Susan:         TACTICS…..what line up are we going with on sunday?

Brendan:      Haven’t got a clue yet. I’ve got a constant headache which has just become worse because I’ve got Cags, Wilf, Timo and Ricky P back in contention. Madders has been saying he’s going to keep me in paracetamol because of my headache selections, did you hear that one?

Susan:          yes…

Brendan:     Yeah, love Madders, daft as a brush that lad. Did you know he has over 30 different types of hairbrushes?

Susan:         But seriously, what are the tactics for this sunday?

Brendan:     I’m just about to head over to Seagrave now to my new office, I’m going to check on the ‘Liverpool away.. early thoughts’ thread on Foxestalk and see what they’re saying. I pray to Vardy that somebody has put down their team selection, else we’re stuffed.

Susan:        Oh yes, good old Foxes talk…I see you’re doing well with a 99% 'stay' vote, up 2% from the Leeds game.

Brendan:    You do know that the 1% vote is made up from trolls?

Susan:       Of course I do Brendan and rest assured, you only have to worry if it dips below 95%, no pressure. Oh, you do know that your office at Seagrave isn’t ready yet?

Brendan:    Yeah, I know, it’s ok, I’ll park in the lay by at the gate, whilst I'm there I'll see if I can come up with a plan for the dodgy junction there, I think they need a new slip road or something.

Susan:        Of course, we wouldn’t want to jeopardise your future here just because the council SLIPPED up over a silly SLIP road,

Brendan:    Oh **** off Susan.

It peaked at You’ll Never Drive Alone but was still enjoyable ha

• Thanks 1