Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

16 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Or they get the required result to take the title at the KP. 

Harry lifting the pot at our place would piss a good few off on here. 

Of course, I could get banned on here for describing that image 😄😄

the only thing Kane will be lifting is a pot noodle

Interested by Stringer's line of questioning to Brendan the other day.

He seemed to be alluding that a late VAR referee change from David Coote to André mariner might be less than desirable.

VAR is gonna shaft us tonight methinks.

2 minutes ago, easilee said:

Interested by Stringer's line of questioning to Brendan the other day.

He seemed to be alluding that a late VAR referee change from David Coote to André mariner might be less than desirable.

VAR is gonna shaft us tonight methinks.

You mean stringer was talking sh1te again when he could have been asking a serious question??

9 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

**** the counter, mendy/maddison/tielemans should be able to outplay wijnaldum/keita/jones, cut out the supply to their front 3 by dominating possession as that's where their strength is and put constant pressure on their makeshift back 4.

Liverpool are quite comfortable playing on the counter and  dont need to dominate possession like other top clubs do. I wouldn’t be happy making it a shoot out with mane and jota getting opportunities....

• Like 2

We'll lose this because of Kavanagh but intrigued to see how both teams approach it.

Liverpool are surely looking at:

Alisson

Williams Matip Fabinho Robertson

Milner

Keita Wijnaldum

Mane Firmino Jota

With a bench of Adrian, Phillips/Williams, Tsimikas, Thiago/Jones, Shaqiri, Minamino, Origi. 

I would think they wouldn't want to invite pressure onto that defence, so I think they will try and dominate even despite not having the usual midfield options. Fabinho will be key if he is fit to start - can we close him down quick enough so that he doesn't have the influence to ping balls forward.

I therefore think they'll be onto 60 odd percent possession and we'll have to be defensively strong. Castagne and Praet will be vital to deal with Robertson.

Schmeichel

Fofana Evans Fuchs

Castagne Mendy Tielemans Justin

Praet Barnes

Vardy

You're looking to isolate Barnes with Williams and get Vardy around Matip who isn't the most mobile. Praet shuttles across to help when required so that we aren't outnumbered in the middle. It's going to need big games from him and Fofana in particular, given Evans will probably be spun by Firmino on multiple occasions which will leave gaps for both Fuchs and more importantly Fofana to recover.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Liverpool are quite comfortable playing on the counter and  dont need to dominate possession like other top clubs do. I wouldn’t be happy making it a shoot out with mane and jota getting opportunities....

None of mane, firmino and jota are particularly clinical though, it's their ability to get on the end of chances that makes them top quality.

Been a sports fan for many years.  Seen my teams win, sometimes improbably, and lose in unexpected and sometimes devastating ways.

However, I feel confident that we have a solid chance v Liverpool today.  There are no guarantees, but the squad has been playing well.  We will also have some impact subs available no matter who Brendan selects.  (still three, right)

We are capable of winning; as always the question is whether we will do it.

Come on you Blues!

this is the ref who pulled Peroz for a non existent foul in the 87minute at Anfield last year. Peroz was just about to put Vardy through clear on goal while the score was 1-1

It var don't do for us, he will.

We all seen it last night in  Manure  match

I’m as excited and nervous as the next fan, but I just want to step back a moment.

Looking at Chelsea & Spurs this weekend, they looks genuine contenders and it’s hard to see us finishing above them. Liverpool will come good, and Man C will improve.

Paper talk (and talk on here!) of a title challenge from us seems to me both premature and even a little silly (and I won’t mind that being quoted against me if we win later!), but it’s understandable in recognition of an outstanding start in very difficult circumstances. We have a chance later. A chance of the title? I doubt it, but the time to judge IMO will be when we’ve played all of the ‘big 6’.

What I’m hoping for tonight, regardless of the result, is evidence that we can mount & maintain a campaign for a Champions League place. Top four (and a trophy?!) would make this the second best season in our history. Are we as good as we like to think we are? We may be closer to finding out after this game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nnickn said:

this is the ref who pulled Peroz for a non existent foul in the 87minute at Anfield last year. Peroz was just about to put Vardy through clear on goal while the score was 1-1

It var don't do for us, he will.

We all seen it last night in  Manure  match

Yep. If we are even close to get any sort of result, we will done up like an Arbroath Smokie by either of VAR or some shocking refereeing decision.  Project ‘Big Stitch-up’ has not gone away, although Arsenal may find it difficult to justify their place amongst the Big 6 if they lose a few more games. But they do have Laura ‘Arsenal TV’ Woods on Talk-Shite banging their drum in tandem with Alan Smith and Piers Morgan.