Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

By the time of the game we'll be facing Lawro & Hansen!!!

Really can't wait for the next game its now massive, think Brendan understands how to approach these games now and we have the confidence of Man C A & Arsenal A, won in different ways.  Hopefully most of our lot will be fit that have played the last few games & Little Wes is ok.

Definitely a point and with a bit of luck, could nick it, we should certainly go there in a positive, confident frame of mind.

26 minutes ago, dayday said:

How’re the mighty Liverpool going to cope with all these injuries?, Sky are going to be all over this.

Solves the request for 5 subs, they won't have that many fit players

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Too many expectations...4-0

Salah  hattrick.......

! guess the day after we've given them a lesson in containment, and stuffed them you'll claim your comment were tongue in cheek!

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Injuries to Trent, Van Dijk and Gomez with Thiago and Fabinho classed as touch and go.

I know we've also got key players out but we have done well without them. Am I being an idiot for being a bit confident?

I think we have a opportunity to exploit their weakness, whether we can take it is another thing!

Edited by coolhandfox

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think we have a opportunity to exploit their weakness, whether we can take it is another thing!

Depends how we set up. If we show them too much respect then I think Salah and Mane will prove too good.

We need to feel our way into the game and do them on the break similar to Man City.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Depends how we set up. If we show them too much respect then I think Salah and Mane will prove too good.

We need to feel our way into the game and do them on the break similar to Man City.

im a bit confused by that. we showed man city massive respect by parking the bus and catching them on transition or very selective pressing.   we either show the respect by parking the bus and exploiting our strength on the break or we try and exploit their defensive issues by making it an open game.  i do wonder if Brendan will be tempted to be more open and see how it goes …... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

im a bit confused by that. we showed man city massive respect by parking the bus and catching them on transition or very selective pressing.   we either show the respect by parking the bus and exploiting our strength on the break or we try and exploit their defensive issues by making it an open game.  i do wonder if Brendan will be tempted to be more open and see how it goes …... 

Second half of the game we pushed on and got players forwards to win the game after containing them in the first half. Look at the goals. We attacked them relentlessly and they couldn't handle it.

• Thanks 1

I am not sure how much I rate Joe Gomez, but he's clearly very important for them right now. However 'serious injury' coming out as breaking news doesn't sound good at all so I hope for his sake (rather than Liverpool's!) that it turns out not to be too bad. 

• Like 1