Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:36, AKCJ said:

Injuries to Trent, Van Dijk and Gomez with Thiago and Fabinho classed as touch and go.

I know we've also got key players out but we have done well without them. Am I being an idiot for being a bit confident?

According to Klopp, Thiago and Fabinho should be fit and ready by the end of the international break.

Even then, I am optimistic (perhaps 'hopeful' would be more appropriate :ph34r:) of getting something at Anfield.

Edited by NaijaFox

The one downside to all these players missing for Liverpool is in the casual fan/media’s eyes it puts some expectation on us getting something, not knowing we have half a starting XI out injured, which might seep through to the players 

I don't know why I'm getting so excited. I'm preparing myself for Youri, Praet and Vardy to all get struck down with COVID next week, while Maddison and Mendy have a collision in training and are out for a few weeks, while Fofana is suspended pending a drugs investigation. 

• Haha 3

There is simply no justification for the game to be called off at the moment. I don’t know what the protocol says for the number of players in a squad that have to be unavailable re covid for a game to be postponed but there must be something written down and agreed 

Man City had several players unavailable a month or so ago and still had to play

injuries are an irrelevance in this respect 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There is simply no justification for the game to be called off at the moment. I don’t know what the protocol says for the number of players in a squad that have to be unavailable re covid for a game to be postponed but there must be something written down and agreed 

Man City had several players unavailable a month or so ago and still had to play

injuries are an irrelevance in this respect 

You just know that the premier league would do it though ....:doh: