Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Injuries to Trent, Van Dijk and Gomez with Thiago and Fabinho classed as touch and go.

I know we've also got key players out but we have done well without them. Am I being an idiot for being a bit confident?

I think we should take it as an opportunity to make a statement. Keep a clean sheet and batter them.

31 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

I’d worry about 
Jota, Mane, Salah and Firmino rather whether or Not Joe Gomez is starting.

Yeah this. They play a way that should suit us anyway but too much quality up top.

Not looking forward to the ‘brave, brave Liverpool’ narrative in a couple of weeks when we’d had far more injuries for the last few weeks.

Think people are getting too carried away with our chances here, especially as we'll be far from full strength again. Also suspect these will have Fabinho and Thiago back for the game. Throw in Allison, Robertson, Matip, Henderson, Wynaldum and the front 3/4 and that is still a very strong team. 

• Like 2

They're going to have to almost go gung ho to cover their defensive frailties. I can see another Man City esque performance if we're able to keep out their front 3/4. Their front players are by far better than Man City so that is much easier said than done. 

23 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

3.5 years without a home defeat?! Blimey, winning there would be something else.

It was something like that before 80 odd matches in all competitions.

Oh and I think we got relegated that season.

Edited by sylofox

I think we’ll take all 3 points here another win for the Foxes who on a real roll in both performances and confidence, this break will surely do us good especially help with healing knocks and get our injured players closer to fitness be also great to see the legend that is Ricardo Pereira back to fitness soon in the coming games !

I’m going for a 3-1 Foxes victory !! image.png.930e7e218c9cf984eec6cadfa37933e9.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AndyMaidenhead said:

Guys...is kick off for Liverpool definitely remaining 1500 hrs on Sat 21st Nov?..surprised not moved for TV...

Might be wrong, but don't think any TV games have been announced yet.  So probably will be moved when they are.

27 minutes ago, AndyMaidenhead said:

Guys...is kick off for Liverpool definitely remaining 1500 hrs on Sat 21st Nov?..surprised not moved for TV...

Nothing announced yet, awaiting PPV updates. If games are to be shown for free, as widely reported, they'll need to move a few. They did show a match at 3pm Saturday previously so ours may not move, especially considering European games and Internationals impact that weekend.

Our game v Fulham will definitely need to move.

19 hours ago, KFS said:

People starting to believe :ph34r:

Call me a pessimist but I just love how we’re half way to safety already!

Reminds me of when Micky Adams used to say his first aim is not being relegated when we'd just been relegated 🙄

Worked the first time i suppose, but the 2nd time it summed us up.

A tough game not matter who they field. I just hope our momentum hasn't suffered from the International break, We really didn't need that.

Our passing has been getting better and we'll need it as we can't afford to give the ball away cheaply, Or we'll be punished. 

I don't see many goals so hopefully it's another Vardy stunner that wins it for us. 

If they have most of their defence out injured I don’t think we should be quite so passive defensively. We still have to be aware of Mane, Salah, Jota and Firmino but put them under pressure rather than letting them dictate the game on their terms

• Like 1