Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

Poor Liverpool having to struggle with some injuries. The fact that we have Ricardo, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Amartey definitely out, likely Castagne and possibly now Under unavailable, with Evans struggling with his back issue, Maddison only just playing his way back to full fitness etc will of course not be worthy of a mention.

If we get a result it will be due to their injuries however and have nothing to do with how well we have managed our own injury issues and fixture pile up by rotating players, including a few “veterans” and youngsters, and styles or the great squad togetherness in adversity.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Was the previous record involving us by any chance?

Honestly don't know, but it could have been.

I had my tongue firmly planted in my cheek BTW! Anyone who thinks we'll breeze past Liverpool, even without TAA, VVD, Gomez & Salah is deluding themselves. It just levels out the players missing... 

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Honestly don't know, but it could have been.

I had my tongue firmly planted in my cheek BTW! Anyone who thinks we'll breeze past Liverpool, even without TAA, VVD, Gomez & Salah is deluding themselves. It just levels out the players missing... 

As much as I agree with you, if we are with the same 11 we’ve been with recently and Evans comes back fit, Forfans knee is ok, Castange is back and Under is ok. They have Salah, VVD AA and Gomez out, then unfortunately it does change everything.

We won’t have a better chance of winning so the expectations do go up.

in 15/16 we took advantage of a supposedly weaker league, we have to take advantage of a hugely weakened squad.

They are 4 huge players for them, not like squad players so no we can’t pretend that it won’t be a huge opportunity missed if we don’t take advantage.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2009/dec/19/tony-parkes-blackburn-middlesbrough-flu

Anyone remember this?

Middlesbrough call off the match and ultimately get relegated because of it.

No way Liverpool can have the game postponed. There's a 25 man squad for a reason.

if covid gets really bad in the coming weeks only solution maybe till suspend over christmas and return in the new year.

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, twister said:

if covid gets really bad in the coming weeks only solution maybe till suspend over christmas and return in the new year.

Ok Jurgen. 

Whilst we're benefitting from it, i'll ask the question again, why are we playing needless International friendlies and glorified friendlies, breaking club bubbles and travel restrictions. It's beyond me.

The injuries are one thing, the injuries already happened and it sounded like Gomez's was going to happen at any time from what I heard, the increased chances of contracting and/or spreading Corona by playing International football, simply no need.

Bearing in mind Kasper's expected to be joining up with Denmark now the travel restrictions are being weived and Vida was took off at half time because they found out he'd tested positive v Turkey, a game in which Under was playing in, we could well lose a couple of players ourself, aswell as the news England played last night against someone who has turned out to be positive - I know we have no players involved in this England set up (thank fuck) yet for some bizarre reason none of them need to isolate is just crazy.

Edited by Matt

20 minutes ago, twister said:

Not sure what you mean by really bad. It's really bad now and has been for weeks. Rumours are Salah got it at a wedding?!? If thats true then he hasn't stuck to the UK guidelines and Liverpool should have no complaints. 

Actually I've just seen the pics of his at his brother's wedding. The bloke hasn't followed any guidelines and it's no shock he was got it! Can't wait for Kloop to come out and try and defend him 

Edited by goose2010

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Sunday night again, is that the 4th time already? Feels ages since we last played in daylight lol

The extra day after going to Braga is decent. 

er its now a day less before braga  …….

we will never play on a Saturday whilst we're in EL on prev thursday

Edited by st albans fox

44 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We are missing Ndidi, Ricardo, Soyuncu and potentially Castagne. Lets not go overboard. It's still Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool at Anfield.

Yeah but like I said we're by no means favourites but they've got more pivotal players out then we have. I think if we've ever had a chance at beating Liverpool at Anfield this is about as good as it gets. Similar to when we played Man City earlier this season with the players they had out.