Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Just watching my son at training this afternoon. They were playing with so much intensity so that when game time comes it's easier.

Do we do that? Feels like we probably practice at half speed.

Was watching the training vid earlier as they zipped the ball around and closed eachother down with energy and tenacity. What the **** happens on a match day that they aren’t doing what they are doing in training?

I will repeat my catch phrase: Football is about repetitions! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Was watching the training vid earlier as they zipped the ball around and closed eachother down with energy and tenacity. What the **** happens on a match day that they aren’t doing what they are doing in training?

I will repeat my catch phrase: Football is about repetitions! 

We've seen signs they do put that in to practice during matches, ie first 60 mins against Brentford and various spells against S'hampton. 

The problem is the soft under belly and confidence once the opposition step up the tempo and they collapse being so fragile. The seniors need to step up and get a grip. 

17 hours ago, Spudulike said:

We've seen signs they do put that in to practice during matches, ie first 60 mins against Brentford and various spells against S'hampton. 

The problem is the soft under belly and confidence once the opposition step up the tempo and they collapse being so fragile. The seniors need to step up and get a grip. 

I assume at Seagrave we have a 'theatre' (for want of a better word), where the team watch back the match together. I am sure there is the facility, but do they watch the match back? With stats?

If they watch it, do they have the opportunity to provide feedback to the coach? 

I manage a small team, we regularly debrief what has happened. I set the parameters, and they are expected to achieve within those. If the parameters and guidance I've given is off, I expect them to provide input. Does BR allow that? Are the 'senior players' able to voice their opinion?

I know Football clubs have a certain culture, strict hierarchy and all that, but surely they'd benefit from discussing together the best way forward.

Or does BR have too much of an ego? Is it a case of 'that's just football!'?

If they sat down together at the training ground and watch the capitulation that we've seen, surely they'd be embarrassed? Surely there would be suggestions about how that can be improved upon?

5 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

If they sat down together at the training ground and watch the capitulation that we've seen, surely they'd be embarrassed? Surely there would be suggestions about how that can be improved upon?

...I could foresee a blame game emanating throughout the room as to why a certain situation came about and who was the appropriate person to deal with it!!!

In the good old days (Championship winning season up to Premiership winning season), you would see the team culture where players covered each other on the pitch. When I played cricket at school, I knew there were players on our team who were not so good at catching and fielding. So I made a decision to cover players in case they failed to hold a catch or field a ball. It was not always necessary as they handled the situation but I knew the possibility of things going wrong and sought to mitigate this.

You have to think on a certain level when to put the team ahead of yourself, you are not looking for praise, you are doing it to win a game.

At the present, this team is friendly, if not to the point of being too close, where someone needs to take a position, that if you can see a weakness, you ask your team mate to address it, or if he is not capable within the game, you look to either cover him or instruct someone to give him extra support by adjusting his position.

We need a leader on the pitch and I feel Jonny Evans needs to step up and be that man. He reads the game well and has years of experience, and the younger players could do with in-game coaching and getting pulled up for failing to do what they are supposed to do.

• Like 2

On 26/08/2022 at 12:18, Merging Cultures said:

I assume at Seagrave we have a 'theatre' (for want of a better word), where the team watch back the match together. I am sure there is the facility, but do they watch the match back? With stats?

If they watch it, do they have the opportunity to provide feedback to the coach? 

I manage a small team, we regularly debrief what has happened. I set the parameters, and they are expected to achieve within those. If the parameters and guidance I've given is off, I expect them to provide input. Does BR allow that? Are the 'senior players' able to voice their opinion?

I know Football clubs have a certain culture, strict hierarchy and all that, but surely they'd benefit from discussing together the best way forward.

Or does BR have too much of an ego? Is it a case of 'that's just football!'?

They do, but apparently Rodgers and the coaches leave them to watch it while they go off for a cup of coffee and assess their  own performance. As soon as they are out the room Vardy sticks one of his blue movies in the vhs player. 

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Can’t help but think the energy bills on that must be sickening.

It's powered on bullshit excuses Rodgers has made after games. We're good for a little while left before we have to pay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Yep but the players don’t like the outdoor pitches as too windy

Just part a problem with these modern new training grounds like Seagrave & St.Georges they level the ground at the start of works around anything relevant, clean slate. Then they'll landscape around the buildings when they're practically finished and plop saplings along hills & pathways but obviously takes a while til you have full grown trees and proper cover from wind.

Always gonna take a while to bed in.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm starting to get concerned about the training centre and potentially how it's being run. Since we've been there we've only recuited has been players on ridiculous salaries (Faes aside minus his rash errors). In all honestly after seeing all of our games this season I can on the brightside tell towards the end of that we have that bit more stamina. Playing wise that's it.

Imo there is no doubt that the coaching set up, on those lush playing surfaces together and the internal state of the art gyms, swimming pools and cryotherapy treatments has achieved absolutely nothing. We've had injury after injury. We've recruited a new head sports doctor aswell.

The academy team standards has dropped like a rock being hurled off of a cliff. We have pretty much stopped bringing in young talents. There are positives in that they have the best facilities that you can give them but if the personnel isn't coaching you right or the promoting the young players up the age groups when they clearly have the talent and if the senior squad manager won't utilise the best talent we have from the dev squad then what's the point. Imo young players aren't stupid I.e. braybrooke and it isn't the first chance he's been over looked for either.

Then there is the issue of how much money annually its costing them to run Seagrave I.e. predicted (when opened in 2021) and current costs. 

I think it's fast becoming an easy tool to bring in the wrong sort of players, players that don't particularly have their eye on the football as much as they should. Lastly imo the clear issue based on the quality of football and recruitment of players I.e Bertrand and Vestergaard is down to the one bit of business we did in 2019 - the recruitment of brendan rodgers and his entire coaching entourage.

The facilities are their. Imo the standard of football and recruitment isn't.

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Then there is the issue of how much money annually its costing them to run Seagrave I.e. predicted (when opened in 2021) and current costs. 

There's no way this is an issue. The cost of running Seagrave would be loose change in the grand schemes of things, even if we're relatively skint. 

• Like 1

Also whats the financial sense in not selling or renting out the old ground after the expenditure on this one?

It all feels a bit like we hate going to work in that dingy city, lets make something nice and posh for our day to day stuff, an expenditure for luxury but yet to see any practical benefits from it.

9 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Also whats the financial sense in not selling or renting out the old ground after the expenditure on this one?

It all feels a bit like we hate going to work in that dingy city, lets make something nice and posh for our day to day stuff, an expenditure for luxury but yet to see any practical benefits from it.

I'm sure there is a covenant on the land which limits it use,l to a sports ground which dates back to the day the club brought it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

...what exactly would you expect to see coming from the facility!!!

The ethos behind the training ground was that it’s so good there can be no excuses  (lol). The ops director really laboured the point too on the tour in November 21.

It’ll be very attractive for potential managerial candidates.

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm sure there is a covenant on the land which limits it use,l to a sports ground which dates back to the day the club brought it.

YMCA have some of the land. I think the club would have to give up at least a third of it. Sports England get very awkward in planning applications when you ‘lose’ a pitch, you have to replace it.

• 2 weeks later...