Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

This isn't the dodgy junction the locals warned about, is it :dunno:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-58873215.amp

Takes some doing to tip a tractor over like that. If slip road then I assume lorry was not slowing and couldn't move out of the way as was being overtaken.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, glenny_fox said:

I imagine that crash would of been at the slip road at Wanlip, horrible place to come out from.

The one where the water treatment plant is? 

If drivers boot it up the very short slip road it’s not a problem, the problem there is when someone drives up then stops completely at the line with the dual carriageway,I’ve seen that happen times when you’re behind building up speed to the have to stop behind them.

If you’re moving fairly fast traffic pulls over or flashes you in but if you are sitting there with brake lights on you have no chance, admittedly it isn’t a great junction but if you go quick enough you’ll always get in a gap.

From the pic it looks like around there or the gravel pit exit which is quite similar.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

So did people know you can go to the new training ground and watch the U23 games? 

Still 137 tickets left for Chelsea next weekend if you want to go!

I went to the Everton game a few weeks ago, going to the Chelsea game as well

• 2 weeks later...

Watched a very interesting program about Seagrave on Turf Business TV on You Tube.    It was called - Interview with John Ledwidge Head of Sports. If some one can load it on here, many will find it a good watch.  He now has 50 staff working under him - formerly just 6!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SexyGammonFox said:

Fascinating stuff, really worth a watch. Thanks for posting.

It's when you watch things like this that you realise where the 100 million is going.

This is some seriously impressive investment by King Power. They have run the club on a sensible business footing for some years now, selling Maguire,Mahrez and Chilwell etc for a considerable profit, but putting in place long term planning for the future. 

The entrance to the Seagrave complex is on the left of the country lane between the A46 and Seagrave. It struck me that fans might be tempted to park at the side of this lane to get glimpses of the players driving in and out in their posh cars. Btw, trying to turn right onto the A46 from that lane during the afternoon rush-hour is pretty scary!  

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

If you've ever been Palaces academy before this is a massive upgrade from what was there previously. Changing rooms and facilities were more like an old school house/cricket pavillion. Its good to see them investing in this kind of infrastructure, hopefully more clubs will start to support their academies with this kind of investment rather than keeping money around their respective first teams.

• Like 3

It's been suggested before that Seagrave might be too nice and comfortable for players who might've lost their 'edge'. Could be something in that and noticed a similar thread on the BCFC forum. They have moved into a new 'High Performance Centre' and, although still early days', no improvement is evident. Just the opposite. Might be coincidental and the tail spin might've happened anyway. Pearson is having a torrid time down there and the new training environment hasn't helped. 

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/214537-two-weeks-in-a-field/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spudulike said:

It's been suggested before that Seagrave might be too nice and comfortable for players who might've lost their 'edge'. Could be something in that and noticed a similar thread on the BCFC forum. They have moved into a new 'High Performance Centre' and, although still early days', no improvement is evident. Just the opposite. Might be coincidental and the tail spin might've happened anyway. Pearson is having a torrid time down there and the new training environment hasn't helped. 

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/214537-two-weeks-in-a-field/

I can't definitively say there's nothing in this theory, but I personally think our problem is lack of competent defenders and injuries to key players, plus those returning being back at their true levels. With the missing key players buggering up preferred formations.

A few years back, my work moved from a very crappy Portakabin to a swanky new office, and it didn't impact my work level one bit. Everyone said it was lovely when we moved in and then, we got on with our work. Admittedly, I'm not sure if I had an 'edge' to lose before we moved :D