Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sheffield United (A) Post match thread 2-1 win

Just now, StanSP said:

It won't happen Geoff. Some fans are so stuck in their mire of misery they won't appreciate 3 points however they come. Yeah we weren't exactly world class today but some of the dross posts in here are worse than the performance. Takes the piss and annoying to read. 

I hate to lose/not win  just as much, if not more than the moaners. What makes it worse is when you read comments like "we're playing for a draw" when we're camped in their half.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Flappit said:

It was Sheffield United. 1 point from 10 games. They are toilet. We played posessionball against them and rarely threatened. We could very easily have drawn the game. We played appallingly against Fulham and lost. Likewise Zorya, but with weakened team. Liverpool embarrassed us with a third of their team out and we have not been playing well. I'm delighted we won, but I stand by my opinion that we were lucky to win that. 

Sorry I'm not picking on you directly but on behalf of all those saying this please explain how we were lucky. I don't recall them hitting the post or peppering our goal all match or dominating possession and us not being able to get the ball. I'm not saying we were great but I don't think we were lucky. Our winning goal came from 2 or 3 quality bits of play there was nothing lucky about it. Just because it was in the 90th miunute doesn't mean it was lucky.

As I said I'm not having a personal go at you but on today's perfomance I truly don't think we were lucky.

• Like 2

How Justin is even standing after the effort he puts in match after match is a miracle. Has he missed a match this season?

I have nothing but gratitude for the players and staff given the circumstances of this season. This felt like a team win.

Had the better of the game, despite being a bit ponderous and slow on the ball again. A win's a win.

I was slightly baffled by the line-up again, and even more so by the bizarre double substitution.

I do think we will improve massively with Ricardo and Castagne in the team, especially if we stick with 5 at the back.

I'm also wondering whether Mendy, after some promising performances, has now regressed to the mean.

good win. 3 points, happy days. 

'papering over the cracks'

maybe that's more like 3 points papering over the countless injuries we're dealing with? 

football isn't a given no matter how much 'better' you should be than the opposition. 

90 minutes, you play what is in front of you.

some of our fans lose sight sometimes that football can be random, ugly and not always go in your favour. you follow the wrong sport, perhaps. maybe you'd be better off following some sort of exact science instead? 

• Like 2

Just now, SO1 said:

How Justin is even standing after the effort he puts in match after match is a miracle. Has he missed a match this season?

I have nothing but gratitude for the players and staff given the circumstances of this season. This felt like a team win.

He's been massive for us, the most consistent player this season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blarmy said:

Thought Vardy’s booking was harsh. Players kick corner flags all the time, it’s not his fault Sheffield United’s are made from meringue. 

Its automatic just like the jersey.

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

When you score a dramatic last minute winner, my first thought (and I assume most folk) is to celebrate like a blinking madman.

For some others it's clearly "Right, let's immediately find where we can pick faults."

Sometimes you just have to enjoy the moment - life is crap if you don't.

100%

1 minute ago, leicesterseddon said:

Had the better of the game, despite being a bit ponderous and slow on the ball again. A win's a win.

I was slightly baffled by the line-up again, and even more so by the bizarre double substitution.

I do think we will improve massively with Ricardo and Castagne in the team, especially if we stick with 5 at the back.

I'm also wondering whether Mendy, after some promising performances, has now regressed to the mean.

Thought Mendy was good today.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flappit said:

It was Sheffield United. 1 point from 10 games. They are toilet. We played possessionball against them and rarely threatened. We could very easily have drawn the game. We played appallingly against Fulham and lost. Likewise Zorya, but with weakened team. Liverpool embarrassed us with a third of their team out and we have not been playing well. I'm delighted we won, but I stand by my opinion that we were lucky to win that. 

Our first fortunate win of the season after 11 games and given we hit the post twice and missed another glorious chance shows it wasn't actually that fortunate, more just it coming in the last minute. 

This win needs to wake us like it did when we beat Zorya and Arsenal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

When you score a dramatic last minute winner, my first thought (and I assume most folk) is to celebrate like a blinking madman.

For some others it's clearly "Right, let's immediately find where we can pick faults."

Sometimes you just have to enjoy the moment - life is crap if you don't.

Agreed. Can’t be bothered to read through the forum tonight because honestly some of the crap I read on the match thread was beyond embarrassing. Be nice if people could think for themselves too rather than jumping on the maddison/iheanacho/insert player hate bandwagon. 

Maddison was poor but then provided the killer ball for the goal. He’s a luxury player. That’s what you get with a luxury player, shite and then brilliance. 

As long as that brilliance gets you a goal/wins you the game then it’s all good.

Good three points but better needed in the near future. Happy Sunday eve!

• Like 1

This is a silly debate.

Of course we’re not playing as well as we’d like for a top 4 team; losing to one bottom 3 team and stealing a last minute win against another isn’t Champions League form and we’re not little Leicester anymore.

On the other hand, taken as a whole it’s been a very good first third of the season. 

It’s natural our mood is informed by the last few weeks but when all said and done we’ve won and that’s always a good thing.

Maybe it does paper over the cracks a bit but you can't not love a Jamie Vardy 90th minute winner and then smashes the corner flag to bits! Scenes!! 

Still completely baffled by Brendan but I've expressed my opinion a lot recently so I'm just gonna enjoy the 3 points 

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

This run of games has done wonders for him. So good to see him have the confidence to run at players into the box. If only he had blasted a shot as well, but it will come.