Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton (H) - Match Thread

33 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't like 5 at the back either, but we have 3 games this week, Everton midweek then Spurs next weekend. Of those fixtures if you were going to play Fuchs and Albrighton together, this is probably the game you'd do it in.

Of course when they also play in each of the next two games as well, then my explanation falls to pieces!

Shut up and let people pre-grieve.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

FIVE AT THE BACK WHY

If this is instead 3 at the back, why not let Under start instead of Justin? Under does track back quite well I thought. 

Too negative once again and if we don’y create chances Rodgers will blame it on the players again

Well it looks a bit negative but I think people are getting a bit too excited over what happened against AEK. They aren't that great a side and had nothing to play for at all. We won ok but Brighton are a big step up in quality. I'm not really sure what he can do, especially at the back with so many key defenders out injured. This is going to be a tough week and we will need the whole available squad to cover the three matches.

Just now, peach0000 said:

What he said did make sense!

So you think it is personnel rather than the set up?

We have three centre halves playing and keep conceding.  The subsequent analysis showed why we keep getting mismatches defending our own area,

• Like 2

Just now, murphy said:

So you think it is personnel rather than the set up?

We have three centre halves playing and keep conceding.  The subsequent analysis showed why we keep getting mismatches defending our own area,

Firstly I wouldn't call Fuchs a centre half. But in a sense yes. We are set up the same way but the only thing that has changed  is the personnel. Changing ndidi for mendy and soyuncu for fofana takes out quite a bit of a height and ability to attack balls in the air.

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Interesting. He’s played Marc in centre mid before. So could easily be the usual 4-3-3 if the above alludes to a back four. 

Or similar to when Praet plays and drops into the centre when we defend but plays on the right when we attack