Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton (H) - Match Thread

Just now, Bourbon Fox said:

Blimey, the game's not kicked off and the Positive Brigade have already got us losing the next three.

Give me strength

Just pre-match nerves Bourbon - let's concentrate on the comments post match for a true reflection. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Amazon seem to have missed the memo. For some reason they're talking about the two teams they're about to show - haven't they got to analyse the Manchester derby? Or the crisis at Arsenal? Clearly Amazon haven't got a clue how to present football.

The punditry is crap though. 

'Jamie Vardy is world class but only in the Premier League.' 

Townsend looks like he's got the plague also. 

Just now, sishades said:

Maybe its following the city for over 45 years that is to blame. I have always treated every victory like a cup final win. :)

Even when we are losing every week I always go into every game with blind optimism. lol Maybe I'm a little crazy. My last post was a bit harsh so I do apologise.

I'm uneasy about this formation against Brighton when we're at home, but hopefully I'm proved wrong.

My main concern is that Vardy is the only player who can stretch play and open up their back 3 here. Neutralise him and we're not going to get many goalscoring chances. Ünder and/or Barnes take the focus off him as they stretch play.

If we are playing Perez higher up for Vardy to play off of, and provide that extra man to pull defenders away from Vardy, I think the formation could work. Big night for Perez. C'mon Ayo, show us what you can do.

4 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Knowing BR we will lose tonight playing that formation then Everton we will lose again . He will then change vs Spurs to go 4141, when he should go 5 at the back . We will then lose that game and he will say 4141 don’t work and revert back to 5 at the back vs the mighty cannon fodder.

Lots of decisions and tactical things baffles me but I’ve never been more confused to what BR has been watching to make these decisions over and over again.

If and WHEN we struggle tonight and look awful, will it be a case of we were unlucky and didn’t get going and were too passive and he genuinely doesn’t know why?

My god 🤦‍♂️.

Careful you don’t overthink it lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, matty98 said:

I get the point but these are young lads, they're not in their early 30's. They should be able to play 2 games in a week. James Justin seems to manage it just fine?

Yep also agreed, but I can see why as a manager you'd do it. Going back to that AC Milan team they would play Savicevic and Boban in some games, then the Dutch players like Rijkard and Gullit in others. Admittedly they could only play 3 non Italian players so their hand was forced!

Just now, Kingleicester said:

True, scrapping the barrel with Clinton Morrison to

Yeah that's who I was talking about. He was trying to make the, accurate, point Vardy isn't elite but is very very good for the league and came out with that misnomer. He isn't very good at the role. 

Gaby Logan irritates me beyond belief also. Oh well. I'm looking forward to watching Andy Townsend slowly succumbing to the bubonic plague. 

Good analysis of our defending corners and conceding from them. 

Front players have to get better at blocking (legally). Evans and Fofana almost useless (not their fault) when they can't attack headers and defend proactively.