Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton (H) - Match Thread

7 minutes ago, GorlestonFox said:

Perez must be doing wonders in training!

Good. It's a good thing if he's reacted to Rodgers' comments a few weeks ago, saying he needs to work harder and better with more intensity. If he's done that then he's deserved his start.

I'm hoping Barnes & Under start on Wednesday against Everton.

Just now, adejo92 said:

We lost to Fulham and scraped past Sheffield United....(baring in mind Fulham weren't anything like tonight)...

Don't think we are in a position to rest players. Get the 3 points tonight is more important than worrying about Everton.

If we go full strength tonight then we might not be able to against Everton or Spurs. It's about prioritising games at this stage of the season. You can't play the same team twice a week over a long period of time otherwise fatigue will cause both injuries and a down turn in form. The way I see it is that we are rotating the squad, prioritising certain games and with our position in the premier league and our Europa League group, Rodgers and his team has done an outstanding job in doing so up to this point.

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

More likely he's managing the squad and we likely have "two teams" now with groups of players that play together. E.g. Barnes and Under play together when we play a system that uses both, and both played really well midweek. Wouldn't surprise me if we start with both against Everton for example, and Rodgers keep players fresh by doing this.

I remember AC Milan back in the 90's had essentially two teams, one to play the European games and one to play Serie A games when they were the dominant team around.

I think he will have told specific players already which games he has planned to use them in, meaning that they can play at 100% in the games they are selected in and still be kept fresh.

I get the point but these are young lads, they're not in their early 30's. They should be able to play 2 games in a week. James Justin seems to manage it just fine?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's the personnel more than the formation for me. Thomas at left wing back and Justin instead of Fuchs and it looks a bit better. More balance.

The Fulham game was more of a back 3 than a back 5 in the first half, wonder if the wing backs will be as high.

If we play with positive intent it doesn't need to be a negative team. 

Agree with this. Justin played very high up against Fulham indeed, which left us with little protection at the back. 

Personnel wise I would have like to see Under or Barnes start. Maddison will need to be on his A1 game. 

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

3 points is 3 points

But 3 points won't look as good a week on Monday when we have 3 points in 3 games. We could do a job today, get three points and then go for it in the next two and get results. Management is about looking past one game and planning long term to get the most out of what you have over an entire season. Rodgers is doing well at this, especially with a depleted squad. 

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

image.png.0bce766c4ede1a41cd79ea15e4f9926a.png

Yep, think this is how it will go..

if Maddison and Perez get in some decent positions in the holes, we may have some joy..The quality has to be there though..Maddison is due a game where he dominates it...let’s hope it’s tonight. He has had a very poor 2020 as a whole..time to step up..

I do fear a dull uninspiring game though... Brighton like to play it around, if we stand off then..we are in trouble..

I just don't understand Rodgers at all. Last year he could be accused of being stubborn in his attacking philosophy. Being too naive in matches that we should have been a bit more careful with, this year it is the exact opposite. 

Is he trolling us? 

6 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Well, I can't really see it, but hopefully it will work. Such a great opportunity today with Spurs and Liverpool dropping points.

Really hoped we'd go 4 at the back with Ndidi's return. Maybe BR's waiting for Ricardo and/or Castagne to be fit first?

Glad to see Perez given a chance. Deserves it after his last game.

Hoping to see Barnes and Under on for the last 30 or so, but not holding my breath.

Maddison needs to put in a good performance today. Needs to buck his ideas up on set pieces, especially. Or be taken off them, which is probably less likely than getting a blowjob from the Pope.

Have you been to the Vatican lately....

• Haha 1