Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Everton Post Match

Fatigue has got all the other teams in Europe the last couple of games so tonight it looked like our turn. Fuchs looks absolutely shattered. He needs benching from now on. Timmy back hopefully next game if not play Thomas. Youri also looks shattered. Either play Praet alongside him or dont make him play a full game. So lethargic tonight. Perez and Under were the only ones who looked fresh.

On our day we are really good side, but that is the problem.

we are a soft side to play against and if the opposition score the first goal it’s pretty much shut up shop against us because we are not direct or penetrative enough.

we must have the most inconsistent player performances in the league.

Yes not having a full strength side to pick from doesn’t help.

5 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Outsmarted by Don Ancelotti.

Everton deserved the win. We didn't take our chances and conceded AGAIN from a set piece. 

This hasn't dented our charge massively but we need a response against Spurs, who may well have been taking notes from this game.

Can you send some of your marching powder please? Would do me a world of good. 😉

Shocking - Just further evidence that we aren't a great team, just an above average team who are capable of a good performance now and again.

Everton were average at best but we may as well have only fielded 6 players.

Strangely, my only 2 stand out players were Under and Perez. Ndidi filled in well, and i think Fuchs played as well as his fitness allowed him to. Tielemans and Maddison may as well have stayed at home as is often the case.

Vardy isolated with no service but that seems to be our speciality.

BR gave us all the team we wanted to see, and i can't see that there was much on the bench for him to have improved things rather than perhaps keeping Under on and maybe Thomas for Fuchs to give us a bit more in attack.

The lads on the pitch should be ashamed. Now to go to Tottenham and get bent over.

• Like 1

That was excruciating. Literally everything went wrong. My least favourite player in the Prem scored against us yet again despite hardly scoring all season beforehand and then we inevitably concede off a corner thanks to their huge height advantage. We so need to get some first choice defenders back. Despite the commentators lauding them I thought Everton were pretty rank too, not to mention cynical with time wasting, diving and tactical fouls.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

So predictable after watching the first 30 mins ... We didn't look like getting back into it. A few decent chances first half but too much sideways passing and inaccurate passing with all midfielders guilty. I thought under looked the most dangerous and JJ got into good positions. 

Really need a better backup plan than nacho. 

And why don't we have more bodies in the box ... Aarrgggghhh

Just a mentally weak squad.

When the confidence is flowing it’s all dandy, the moment it goes against them they absolutely crumble.

Can’t seem to shake the home form problem, and it is a big problem now.

Another game, another set play embarrassment. They’re shit scared of them. Again, another issue they can’t seem to get over.

Rubbish. NEXT.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

The bigger, stronger team win as always. 

Until Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes and co can do something when things aren't easy for them they'll be nothing more than decent footballers. We need Maddison to be good in these games and he never is. 

Until we have either an alternative or someone that can go alongside Vardy we will continue to struggle once we go behind and against a strong team who don't make mistakes. 

If we can't break a team down, just make sure we take a 0-0. Set piece goal was inevitable, brilliant save from Kasper but he makes it harder for himself by not commanding his box. 

Not the reason we lost but Lee Mason continues to be a pathetic excuse of a referee. I pray that Richarlison finger nail is better soon, ****ing ****. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, harpendenfox said:

Kind of felt this was coming. Heavy workload. Euro fixtures. 24 hours less recovery time. Little mistake by Kasper. Big chance missed by JV. Entire back 4 unavailable.

disappointed as I always am when City lose, but really not overly disheartened. 4 games in the next 2 weeks or so. If we can win 2, draw one, and lose one, that’s not the worst return 

Little mistake! He was completly out of position and on the wrong side of his goal for a potential shot.

We were ruthlessly punished for our errors. In Evans' absence, we lacked leadership defensively. 

Need to be more direct, Perez showed some of this when he came on. We should have gone two upfront earlier. 

When teams defend deep like this, our full backs are so important to open up the game. Fuchs just doesn't have the same engine to get up the pitch. Castagne can't return soon enough. Justin's delivery let him down today, especially in the 2nd half. 

Everton were very professional and did the dirty side of the game very well - feigned injuries to slow the game down and lots of tactical fouls. Doucoure was outstanding for them. 

Ist goal Kasper should have stopped, 2nd, yet another set piece, tbf Kasper made a good double save and was unlucky.

You can see why Under isn't starting, Perez achieved more in his 20 minutes than Cengo did all night, I thought Harvey Barnes improved after he went off too.