Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

Hamza

12 minutes ago, nabb7 said:

Surprised to see people okay with him leaving for good, sure he's not first team at the moment but as an academy graduate he's much more likely to be content as back-up or going out on loan than anyone we could bring in. I'd send him out on loan for his own benefit but defo wouldn't sell. We gave Gray about 100 years why not Hamza?

He not good enough even as a backup. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, happy85 said:

He not good enough even as a backup. 

Yep - but I guess his point is, many would have said the same about Harry Kane when he was at Leicester at a similar age.

Just sayin.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nick said:

Yep - but I guess his point is, many would have said the same about Harry Kane when he was at Leicester at a similar age.

Just sayin.

Hamza is 23.

Harry Kane when loaned to us was 19.

Not that similar!

• Like 2

I would expect him to have a good career at prem level, and whilst it's always sad to see a local lad from the academy leave, I think it's best all round. 

A bit like schlupp, I think he'll do ok, but we won't be looking back rueing he'd left us. 

I think it's very much a measure of how far we have come, rather than a slight against Hamza.

• Like 2

He's not good enough defensively to make up for his lack of ball playing skills. It's a shame but it's for the best that he moves on, the Schlupp comparison is a very apt one.

• Like 1

I'd like him to stay for another season, at least, especially if we qualify for the Europa League again next year.

Players develop at a different pace, so he could still come good and develop in to a very good back up/contender for first team.

It wasn't that long ago that people didn't want Mendy anywhere near the team.

6 years ago, half this forum would have snapped off West Brom's hand for £5m for Jamie Vardy! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ktfox59 said:

I foundit interesting and funny that both Hamza and DG were doung stuff with Jimmy Bullard on.You know the drill, while the rest of the squad were training😂 Is this how they are going to earn their wages from now on

The club probably chose them to do it. Likely weren’t needed in training if they were on the fringes. Not a bad way to put them on the map for potential suitors at the time either. 

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Sam Allardyce is interested in the loan signature of Leicester City’s Hamza Choudhury to boost his struggling West Brom squad, according to the Express and Star.

That would be a decent move for sure. I wonder how well Big Sam would develop him. I honestly think Bren isn’t keen. The link between Barnes and West Brom would be a decent one too. I don’t want a Leicester kid and academy star sold but the lad needs game time else he’ll rot on the bench here when he should be developing.

• Like 1

People progress at different ages. I can see a lot of potential in Hamza and would love for him to have at least a season playing consistently in the premier league before we cut ties. An 18 month loan would be ideal to a club unlikely to be relegated (Newcastle etc). I reckon if we sell him we will regret it in 3 or 4 years

Not sure we are big enough to hold on to players just to see if they come good in 3-4 years time.

Sometimes we have to cash in and reinvest, CM is probably our strongest position in the squad.

Stick in a buy back clause or % of any profit and move on. 

• Like 2

The best outcome from this is to get him out on loan and playing regularly. He will either gain needed confidence to help increase game time next year or hopefully if he performs well he can generate a pretty decent price tag and we can sell and invest. It's what top clubs do with their youth players that can't cut it

22 hours ago, Blue and white said:

One thing thats not been mentioned, but we should keep our best players happy. Hamza has been best friends with Barnes since a young age, so is it worth keeping him around like we do certain others (Iheanacho/Ndidi, Under/Soyuncu, Praet/Tielemans)

Chilwell was good mates with them too so don't think it's much of an issue.