Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

Hamza

Always sad to see an academy product go. Would have held on till the summer with the games left and potential injuries. But I guess if he's not part of the plans, then probably makes sense to cash in. Shame he's not the same player who burst on to the scene either 

1 hour ago, Messi said:

I can’t imagine any club agreeing to a 50% sell on clause- 20% maximum I’d imagine. 

JJ has a 30% sell on clause.

Harry Maguire had 25% sell on profit clause.

In this market you can get 25m including add on for hamza so selling him for 15m with a high sell on clause is more than realistic.

5 hours ago, Fox85 said:

JJ has a 30% sell on clause.

Harry Maguire had 25% sell on profit clause.

In this market you can get 25m including add on for hamza so selling him for 15m with a high sell on clause is more than realistic.

According to who? That's a ridiculous amount considering we still spent £10m on what was a league 1 full back. Don't believe it in the slightest. A smaller percentage as profit maybe but I don't think we'd offer a third of all the money we'd get for him to a club at that level, when we could just add in a couple of extra million and they'd take it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Allardyce publicly saying he is looking to change his squad. Choudhury and Nacho must be contenders...

Could imagine a £25m double deal, maybe on the proviso they stay up. We then go and get Dia, Edouard or the pipedream - Patson Daka.

West Bromwich Albion are leading the race for Hamza Choudhury and look most likely to land him if a deal is struck for him to leave Leicester City this month.

The England under-21 midfielder will only be allowed to leave on a permanent deal, with a loan not being considered at the King Power Stadium for now.

Telegraph 

12 minutes ago, happy85 said:

West Bromwich Albion are leading the race for Hamza Choudhury and look most likely to land him if a deal is struck for him to leave Leicester City this month.

The England under-21 midfielder will only be allowed to leave on a permanent deal, with a loan not being considered at the King Power Stadium for now.

Telegraph 

Fact we want permanent suggests to me we have our eye on bringing somebody in this month. 

Edited by Lesta2014

Hamza was making progress under Puel but seems to have gone backwards under Brendan for some reason. 

He's not what we need and so Brendan is right to move him on now before he picks up an injury.

It's great to see us clear out the fringe players now which give the Club a chance to sort out the finances and have a

clear plan for incoming players.

We just need to sing a few of the same caliber of recent signings.If we sign a Striker I'll be really excited.

For me the writing was on the wall for him and Gray  in the cup game where Rodgers spent the whole 90 minutes bellowing at them both telling them where he wanted them and what he wanted them to do . It came across very clear neither were following or carrying out his instructions whilst other players were . You shouldn’t have to talk players through an entire match . 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Hamza was making progress under Puel but seems to have gone backwards under Brendan for some reason. 

He's not what we need and so Brendan is right to move him on now before he picks up an injury.

He got on alright last year but Mendy's form this year hasn't helped him at all. Rodgers seems to like Amartey too and I'm not sure we need four players who can play DM.

• Like 1

a buy back clause is the way to go with someone like hamza for me. 15 million with the option to buy back for 25/30 and a 10-20% future profit clause would be a good deal for all involved. They get a decent young player and we are protected if he does kick on massively with regular minutes.

26 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

He got on alright last year but Mendy's form this year hasn't helped him at all. Rodgers seems to like Amartey too and I'm not sure we need four players who can play DM.

Amartey gives us that Utility squad player, thats Why  he stays for me,und he was scope he can still improve...Plus like Praet ,if we are competing seriously

und continual at higher levels, he is a Player who can/ will be involved most likely upto 15-20 games in a season..So though I wouldnt mind if Chouds stayed,

if we need to Move someone on to Releases Space & funds, he und Nacho are on the Danger list..

All depends on our own targets, & who we can Pull up a notch from within our own Internal squads...

51 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

a buy back clause is the way to go with someone like hamza for me. 15 million with the option to buy back for 25/30 and a 10-20% future profit clause would be a good deal for all involved. They get a decent young player and we are protected if he does kick on massively with regular minutes.

if we could get 20% back of our own transfer fee that would be a cracking deal...

I always feel sentimental when a local lad that's come through our academy has to be moved on. He's often spoken fondly in interviews how much he loves playing for us. And yeah while they all say that I still feel like he meant it (sure I'm a romantic sod). But if he's not playing it's better for him to move on and progress his career somewhere else. If we can sell Nacho (who I have no sentimentality towards lol) and clear space (and wages) to focus on getting a striker I'll be happy.