Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

Hamza

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

That will do his confidence the world of good being in a team drubbed every week 

....I know what you mean....!!!

Within this situation is an opportunity to shine. He can't afford to carry around a negative attitude to playing for them as in situations like this it is a chance to stand out from the crowd. I really hope it works out well for him...good luck!!!

I'm still not really sure what type of midfielder he's meant to be. He's not good enough mentally to be a holding midfielder or technically to play further forwards (at this level, of course). Big Sam is presumably going to be recruiting with a view to setting his team up to sit deep and soak up pressure and that's going to be difficult if your defensive midfielder is switching off every ten seconds and then desperately lunging into tackles to compensate.

12 minutes ago, Guest said:

I'm still not really sure what type of midfielder he's meant to be. He's not good enough mentally to be a holding midfielder or technically to play further forwards (at this level, of course). Big Sam is presumably going to be recruiting with a view to setting his team up to sit deep and soak up pressure and that's going to be difficult if your defensive midfielder is switching off every ten seconds and then desperately lunging into tackles to compensate.

Agreed and why I’d like to see him on loan and get game time. WBA I can see being realistic 

1 hour ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Agreed and why I’d like to see him on loan and get game time. WBA I can see being realistic 

Fat Sam is a pretty decent coach who possibly could improve Hamza. Its worth a try because he is not progressing here.

I was vilified for suggesting this in the summer but I'd like to see Guendozi replace Choudhury if we sell him. Guendozi is a bellend but I think he's the combative midfielder that Rodgers hoped Choudhury would be but with the box to box ability. That said I hope Dewsbury-Hall can offer this but no idea if he will get a chance next season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmm Puel tried this and it wasn't pleasant. What makes you think that? 

He’s athletic, can tackle. Just think that position would suit him more. Don’t think he’s quite good enough on the ball to play centrally.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:
Might not actually be going anywhere then

001bd60c6212c6b3d91783bf1e52bee3.png

press conference sounded like we wanted to cash in now, way i heard it was sell him rather than loan him cause if we loan him people will realise he's not that good and he'll lose this value

^said as someone with choudhury on the back of the pink shirt, i want him to do well, just unfortunately can't see that anymore

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmm Puel tried this and it wasn't pleasant. What makes you think that? 

It may be that he can be coached more as a right back.  People have questioned his football brain.  Perhaps at central midfield,  he is overloaded.  Right back obviously has its complexities but perhaps Choudhury would just see the bigger picture if the picture was smaller and not so 360 degrees.  

I think he can still become much stronger in central midfield though.  Unusually, under Rodgers, his game does not seem to have progressed.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Could see Burnley coming in with a £25m double bid for Hamza and Iheanacho.

Tarks for the pair?

Unlikely, as swap deals always are. Besides, don’t see Nacho leaving without being replaced by another striker 

Edited by Steve Earle
Typo

Sounds like he isn't in BR long term plans, and if we are going to take a short term hit on the depth of the squad its not really worth it to loan.

There is a definite eye on trimming the fat from the squad and shifting the deadwood.

We could have a very different looking squad after the next two windows.

Definitely leaving: Slimani, Gray, James,

Likely to leave: Morgan, Fuchs, Jakupovic Choudhury, Iheanacho, Ghezzel.