Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle (a) - Match Thread - 03/01/2021

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

I'm sorry to labour the point but I can't stand watching Albrighton receive the ball and just cross it to nobody anymore. Fvcking horrible and so predictable.

I just sigh whenever we pass it out to him in space. 

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

I think we’re watching different games here, some of the whinging today, have a little patience.

I agree! We've been the better team by far. People expect us to be Barcelona like every game? Crazy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

I don't think the criticism of our lads is very fair, bloody hard to play against an ultra low block. Newcastle are set up precisely to stop us creating chances so it's hardly a surprise that we've not created many opportunities. Every time the ball is in their half they have 7 or 8 players back and 5 in the line.

It's not a low block though, they're pressing us high up the pitch and we're to slow to pass around it when we get the ball allowing them to regain defensive shape.

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I think we’re watching different games here, some of the whinging today, have a little patience.

Sorry, which part about me saying Ndidi held on to the ball standing still for ages because none of his team mates did anything but stand about was incorrect? 

Just now, Staff said:

Why doesn't Albrighton just ****ing cross it when he gets it? They give him so much space and time because they know he is well out if his depth, takes 3 extra touches and gets closed down 

Because there were no players in the box if he gets it that deep. Easy ones for keeper to collect if there's none of our players attacking it. 

• Like 1

Started the match well and looked dangerous, felt out it a bit as the half has went on though. Hopefully up the tempo in the second-half as get the feeling the game is there for the taking.

Why Rodgers reluctance to use Under btw? This game is screaming out for someone who can commit Newcastle defenders.

• Like 1