Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vardy ruled out for "a few weeks"

Just now, murphy said:

Could anybody advocating Perez up front please tell me what you expect him to bring to the team playing as a lone striker?   

As I see it he's anonymous, lacks pace and physicality.  I've read on these pages about his quick feet.  Not sure about that.  In fact one of the reasons possession so often breaks down when the ball arrives with Perez is his poor first touch.  

What am I not seeing?

Iheanacho is bobbins. That's what you're not seeing.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Could anybody advocating Perez up front please tell me what you expect him to bring to the team playing as a lone striker?   

As I see it he's anonymous, lacks pace and physicality.  I've read on these pages about his quick feet.  Not sure about that.  In fact one of the reasons possession so often breaks down when the ball arrives with Perez is his poor first touch.  

What am I not seeing?

He is fine centrally playing the Firmino role

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Iheanacho is bobbins. That's what you're not seeing.

You might want to re think your moniker and profile pic then?

I'm not saying I want Nacho above Perez.  I don't want either up front.  Has to Harvey Barnes as the only option with pace and goals in him.

• Like 1

Just now, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I don’t think this is necessarily a left field option.  It’s a strong possibility. 

Loosing Barnes drive up the left hand side is madness too me, he frequently gets goals from there. Why break two positions?

• Like 4

Oh f*** **, that was my biggest fear lately!

We need to get a striker in, get two strikers in: a Carlos Kickaball or a Royzi Roversi, the groundsman's son even!  

Do something! But please please hope Rodgers doesn't do nothing in the vainglorious hope that Nacho or Ayoze will be able to deliver every weekend and midweek game. They won't! We're now one further injury-to-striker from a virtual bare-cupboard. We have no Matt Elliott or Steve Walsh anymore to do the job let's face it.  

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

Firmino isn't a good example lol He's woeful.

I did not say he would become Firmino lol

Its the forward pivot, the false nine, allowing both inside forwards more opportunities to score, something Harvey seems pretty good at from the left!

DB64-DFC5-4-DD6-4-F88-BDFF-A1-C6368-DB62

“Hello, is that Patson Daka, it’s @Ric Flair here, Jamie Vardy’s out injured and we need you at Leicester City, I’ll pay for your plane, your house, your food, your gas and electricity bill, I love you Patson and when you arrive, I promise not to stalk you, I love you Patson, cheerio Patson”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

whatever solution we could up within the squad we're still going to be light when we have 10 games in the next 5 weeks. Eg if Perez is the choice to play up front then we don't have any cover for Madders as a 10, when we are already lacking cover for Youri in midfield. 

Just now, turlo said:

whatever solution we could up within the squad we're still going to be light when we have 10 games in the next 5 weeks. Eg if Perez is the choice to play up front then we don't have any cover for Madders as a 10, when we are already lacking cover for Youri in midfield. 

Otavio?  :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Loosing Barnes drive up the left hand side is madness too me, he frequently gets goals from there. Why break two positions?

True, but Barnes is easier to replace.  Albrighton can play left and Under or Ricardo right.  I think Barnes would score plenty up front.

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

What am I not seeing?

Seems to have a poachers instinct if and around the box

• Like 1

Just now, murphy said:

True, but Barnes is easier to replace.  Albrighton can play left and Under or Ricardo right.  I think Barnes would score plenty up front.

Disagree - Marc got his first goal in 2 years this week, Harvey has what? 10 from the left already this season across all competitions? Losing those to move him centrally is a huge gamble

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Left field option of Barnes up front and Marc and Under on the wings?

Can Perez play as a direct replacement? Rather than Ian?

What about?

Kasper 

Justin Fofana Soy Castange

Ndidi

Ricardo Tielemans Maddison

Perez Barnes

Didn’t our Turkish friends say Under isn’t a traditional winger? Is he still injured?

Kasper 

Justin Fofana Soy Castange

Ndidi

Ricardo Tielemans Maddison

Under Barnes

Swap Perez for Under if needed. 

43 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

It’s no coincidence to hear this, I thought hes seemed a bit off since the Everton game really when he missed a header.

I thought he played decent away at Spurs and Newcastle but looked ‘hampered’.

Southampton he had a poor game and Chelsea I definitely thought he seemed like he was struggling physically, so this news is not suprised me at all.

He is a fantastic player and it’ll be a test to see how we are without him.

Im confident we will still be ok, mainly due to the other 10 being so good rather than confidence in the actual guy up top.

Think for Everton we should play the exact same team except a straight swap for Vardy and Perez.

Dont think we should mess around swapping Barnes and make shifting everything else. Stick to how it is.

Our shape and quality will still be there without Vardy, we’d control most games.

I dont Think he had poor games, he pulled the Defence all over the place, Opening up Spaces for the goals....I

Though I reckon your train of thought   this rest  I agree with...but Maybe just Maybe Rodgers & Coaching staff 

have with the squad more than prepared themselves...and ready to face up to Everton in their own Way with suprising formation + selection set up...I

Good & procative last sentence, which Shows how far we have come...I

But like a Year ago...2 other major reoccuring  injuries could scupper a well thought out scenario & program.

we are still Light in some Area & individual positions...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

No doubt the fountains of knowledge in the media will be writing off our title challenge now.

"Vardy's out, they ain't got no-one else Jeff, all these teams lavv playing on the telly, can't see it Jeff, really I can't".

81b139795e8d8cf1cd7935226e234cae.png

• Like 1