Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vardy ruled out for "a few weeks"

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

Well I guess the Brentford game takes on new significance now! Will Brendan us this to try out the post-hardy formation and squad going into the premier league games? Mighty as well I say. We're gonna need some luck now as well as everyone pulling up their socks with renewed determination. We need this more than ever from Nachos and Perez. They have to seriously come thru for us now with GOALS! Last chance saloon for Nachos especially he can be a hero if he wants to. Agree with the many posts that say Vardy is more than just goals for us, he's leadership/effort/tenacity/fight and Leicester City personified. The squad can't get down missing him on the field and turn into something positive that they can step up to. COYF!

ps...can lady luck even the playing field and have bucktooth-Bruno/ cavalary & Pogbutt also injured for a few weeks too please?

You sound like my mother .... 

• Haha 1

It’s no coincidence to hear this, I thought hes seemed a bit off since the Everton game really when he missed a header.

I thought he played decent away at Spurs and Newcastle but looked ‘hampered’.

Southampton he had a poor game and Chelsea I definitely thought he seemed like he was struggling physically, so this news is not suprised me at all.

He is a fantastic player and it’ll be a test to see how we are without him.

Im confident we will still be ok, mainly due to the other 10 being so good rather than confidence in the actual guy up top.

Think for Everton we should play the exact same team except a straight swap for Vardy and Perez.

Dont think we should mess around swapping Barnes and make shifting everything else. Stick to how it is.

Our shape and quality will still be there without Vardy, we’d control most games.

27 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

We will have to sign a forward if want to win the league. No chance of nacho or Perez being good enough up front. Only other option I see is Barnes or Ricardo playing upfront. 

Playing Ricardo up front would be like being back at school when all the best players played up front and the rest at the back 

• Haha 2

Remember years ago?, each week the pools man came around. and you gave your coupon and 5 shillings, saying "this is the week". Every week

Saturday afternoon come 4.45. it was always next week.

Deep down, however much we want him to succeed. Kelechi is that pools man.

• Haha 2

I cut the league table out of the paper with us in top spot, we were also top after game 2 and 3. . I wonder if I will get another chance this season, I doubt it now.

Oh well can’t complain, with a bit of luck we will still make EL again.

17 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

As Brendan has said "we've played without Jamie before and scored goals and won games". There is absolutely no need to panic. We have others who will need to step up and play their part.

We've also played without him before and not scored goals and stunk up the gaff, so it's not exactly a catch-all reassurance. Nothing we can do about it though, part of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Well that's our season over we are nothing without Vardy, can we get those to 2points to take us up to 40?

Time for the squad & Rodgers..to prove all the Scared-cats wrong & Stand up to be counted....

I Now want this period, this squad to Show they have the means & character to Play pressure competitive Football without Vardy,

& Rodgers to find the Solution & Set up, that we dont even notice hes missing...

what a Great Time for the new Hero to step up.....I

I aint Booking any Ticket behind the Sofa....Time to Enjoy us Stepping out of our own  shadows...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Only one man for the job imo. To be honest I think i'd prefer him starting over Iheanacho. 

CkL-KN8WYAAeQle.jpg:large

hey this could be a good tactic to play jedi mind tricks on the opposition. Just have Vardy's doppelgänger warming up quietly on the sidelines lol. Makes the oppositing make panic substitution and formation change. :P

Well I've thought about it.  I've umm-ed and aah-ed between kelechi and Perez and the thought of either up front for any period of time is bringing one of my heads on.  You can't replace a pit bull with a kitten.

I think we have to think again.  Harvey Barnes is the only option that gives us pace, goals and a threat up front.  Now we just need to replace Harvey on the left.

• Like 2

It's probably not going to be as huge a loss as everyone thinks Vardy has 1 goal from open play In our last 8 games (and 1 pen). 

It's obvious he's been carrying an injury too as his overall play hasn't been up to his usual standard. 

But we are less reliant on him for goals this season Rodgers has diversified our attacking play with maddison and Barnes having both scored more than him from open play In the league. 

Don't get me wrong I can't wait to have him back fit and firing but we've been playing without the 'real' Jamie vardy for some time now and been winning games and scoring goals! 

• Like 3

Not the news we wanted but not hugely surprised, he's not looked fit and firing for a few games now. Better to get it fixed and he's available for the last 15 or so rather than drag him through another couple to then miss 10 or 12.

Time for Perez and Iheanacho to step up, too. I'm sure they both want game time, now is the opportunity. Justin, Fofana and Mendy all ably covered for the main players, they need to as well.

12 minutes ago, maddisonethusiast said:

Nightmare! Do you think that we should play with a false 9 (Maddison)? It worked for Man City. There is little point signing another striker because he isn't out for that long.

But we do need a striker though and a striker should be right at the top of the shopping list.

15 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

It’s no coincidence to hear this, I thought hes seemed a bit off since the Everton game really when he missed a header.

I thought he played decent away at Spurs and Newcastle but looked ‘hampered’.

Southampton he had a poor game and Chelsea I definitely thought he seemed like he was struggling physically, so this news is not suprised me at all.

He is a fantastic player and it’ll be a test to see how we are without him.

Im confident we will still be ok, mainly due to the other 10 being so good rather than confidence in the actual guy up top.

Think for Everton we should play the exact same team except a straight swap for Vardy and Perez.

Dont think we should mess around swapping Barnes and make shifting everything else. Stick to how it is.

Our shape and quality will still be there without Vardy, we’d control most games.

That’s what I thought, but apparently I’m an ostrich for even thinking that he wasnt all that great 

31 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Ricky P that potent natural finisher who's proven time and time again he should be a striker.........:thumbup:

Only mentioning options available to us. Ricardo has scored 5 goals since being here playing rb. Nacho and Perez both have 9 goals. Maybe not so ridiculous considering how they’ve done. 

1 hour ago, StevieLynex said:

Last time:

Jamie Vardy is set to undergo minor groin surgery but the Leicester City striker is expected to miss just one match rather than endure a two-week lay-off that had previously been feared.

He is, what, 5 years older now though. Fingers crossed he's back asap but perhaps it's time to just get a deal for Edouard done now and see which out of him, Nacho and Ayoze can step up in Vardy's absence.

Left field option of Barnes up front and Marc and Under on the wings?

Can Perez play as a direct replacement? Rather than Ian?

What about?

Kasper 

Justin Fofana Soy Castange

Ndidi

Ricardo Tielemans Maddison

Perez Barnes

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2

Could anybody advocating Perez up front please tell me what you expect him to bring to the team playing as a lone striker?   

As I see it he's anonymous, lacks pace and physicality.  I've read on these pages about his quick feet.  Not sure about that.  In fact one of the reasons possession so often breaks down when the ball arrives with Perez is his poor first touch.  

What am I not seeing?

• Like 1