Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Everton (A) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, copunk said:

Doesnt help when Mike Dean isnt letting the game flow at all, started off well, 

And his failure to punish Richarlison’s terrible tackle and Mina’s trip on edge of the box. That’s before we get to Castagne being pushed into the ad boards 

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Nothing on the right. Barnes heavily marked on the left.

That's the problem, they can afford to heavily mark him because there is nothing on the right and nothing up front. With Vardy out we should have started with Under to have a threat from each side, clear as day. I wish managers were brave enough to make the right decisions.

• Like 3

If we can come out like we did against Brentford I'd have some hope but it's much better, organised opposition tonight. They're happy to sit back and it's gonna take some luck or a mistake to get in behind them or even threaten their goal. 

Just now, Webbo said:

We're losing so we must be the worst team on earth. 

We've played some good stuff but we're trailing to the only shot they've had. No need to spit the dummy. 

Spot on. We do look a bit toothless and will rely on Barnes, Maddison or Castagne to do something special. But Everton have been a bit lucky here to score with their only serious attempt.

Italian manager setting his team up to Italian things... Unfortunately I don't think you can counter it without a recognised forward. We've only got 10s and wingers that can 'do a job' up there, but that'll only work against the lower teams it seems. We look pretty, but no actual threat. 

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Standard 'no Vardy, no party' and now Ndidi out again too. I can almost smell an unravelling. Embarrassing really that with our exceptional recruitment we have neglected the fact that we literally have one striker in our squad for so long. 

Ndidi off as precaution.... we will get chances 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Ayoze gets 86 mins Kel gets 4 + injury time.

Give him a chance 

Why not! We need to try something and I will be over the moon to retract my Ayoze over Kelechi statement. lol

I will say it again. Mike Dean is from and lives in Merseyside. I find it difficult to understand how he’s able to ref either of the teams from that area. 

Im not calling conspiracy or anything before anyone starts. I just find it a bit odd. 

Was unlucky with the goal. N’Didi went to win the ball up the pitch but the ball bounced favourably Everton’s way and that’s why he wasn’t there to put pressure on James.

It’s not been too bad but let’s not pretend we’re not exactly where Everton want us with only loner range shots to show for it.

Digne is in Castagne’s head so he’s almost always half turned, looking where the player is and that’s why he’s making so many mistakes. Not sure if bringing Under on would make that even worse so it wouldn’t surprise me if Ricardo came on before him.

Also wouldn’t mind seeing Nacho going up alongside Perez at some point, but think it would have to be 1-0 until late on for that to happen and you’d have to wait to make the sub.

Edited by when_you're_smiling