Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Everton (A) Match Thread

Sick to death of these injuries now, I honestly dont think we will play a single game this season with our full first 11. 

As for the game, we are struggling again against a low block. Controlled the game for the most part and not created a great deal and James just pulls out a moment of magic from nowhere. Fulham, Villa, West Ham and Everton x2, same systems that we just cannot break down. Could be the difference between us finishing in the top 4 as generally our play is superb. If course we miss Vardy but it is frustrating when we control games like this but create very little.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flappit said:

I suspect that losing Ndidi means that is even less likely than it would have been. He'll want the defensive work that Albrighton puts in. 

Your probably correct, but no point defending being 1 Nil down when we can bring a threat to the game who has pace and skill.

Just now, Pliskin said:

He doesn’t attack the space where the ball is going, he’s too passive and it is a dream to sides like Everton with James and Richarlison... this players like to run from deep.... we need a miracle, we get anything from this game and I’m off to Derbyshire bollock naked to pick up a £200 fine and a night in a cell. 

Exactly. Should have put fofana into Ndidi’s position. At least he is a physical presence and can play football. Also gets Soyuncu on the pitch as well.

Mendy is going to be steamrollered by this Everton side 

Just now, st albans fox said:

It’s called game management.......

They've cleared Barnes out on the edge of the box, and Richarlison has dragged Mendy back as he's transitioning, yet the only yellow is for Justin when their player has gone down under little contact. Davies has gone down twice without any contact. It is game management but a referee of his stature should have a better handle on the game.

Doesn't help we have been sh*t

Can't breach the wall. 4 CBs with 2 defensive midfielders and a defender on the wing is ridiculous.

Need to get Maddison and Barnes back in the game. Need an additional threat to take men off them. Get Under on for Albrighton.  They don't seem interested in attacking so I'm not sure Castagne needs his help.

Standard 'no Vardy, no party' and now Ndidi out again too. I can almost smell an unravelling. Embarrassing really that with our exceptional recruitment we have neglected the fact that we literally have one striker in our squad for so long. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Think I'd give Ricardo a go at RB over Castagne today. 

Also everyone saying Perez is shit and to bring Iheanacho on. You'll only give Iheanacho the same kind of treatment so what's the point 

Variety is the spice of life. Share the hate.

Doesnt help when Mike Dean isnt letting the game flow at all, started off well, barnes looked sharp but since then Everton have made it into a scrappy affair, fair play for their goal, absolutely world class yet felt like Fofana could have closed the ball down alot quicker, no idea why he stopped but hes a young lad and has been outstanding so far for us so cant knock him, strange game of football, would bring on Under for Albrighton to give us more of a threat from both wings 

• Like 2