Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

When (if ever) can we say we are in the title race?

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

We havent been out of the top 5 for over a year, weve been top three more than we havent this season. 

Are we in the title race or are we just going to accept the Big 4 concept and just accept we arent good enough?

Other sides dropping stupid points just like us... other teams with injury issues just like us... why cant we do it?

You can never bloody say it. Not ever. Even after we’ve won it by a point. The only mantra you can repeat is this - ‘We are not worthy. We must reach 40pts.’

NOTHING ELSE. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Never. We should just quietly go about our business and let sky and other media outlets keep banging on about the "big teams". With Man City back on form, they are going to be the team to catch now, but given we capitulated after the half way stage last season, we cant get too far ahead of ourselves. We have a lot of games this month and we will know more about where we are by the end of Feb. UEL is still a focus as well and we should be expecting to beat Brighton in the fa cup so we potentially have an fa cup quarter final on the horizon as well. We could realistically finish anywhere between 1st and 10th this season and injuries could play a big part. I do fear for us a bit if we cant get another midfielder in as there is no way Tielemans and Maddison can play every game and trying to put Mendy or Hamza in place of one of them is a honking thought!

We are in contention with the teams going for the title. But the race only really begins now, after the half way point imo. You'd never discount Liverpool these days and we're ahead of them so there is no doubt we're in the picture but a long way to go still and so much can change. Man City have gone on a really good run but have some difficult fixtures coming up (on paper) which may halt that momentum. 

We're in a great position but I think it'll depend on how fit our squad can stay. 

Jamie, Wilfred and Dennis need to come back and stay back. 

Suspensions could cost us dearly as well. 

But we're a lot stronger and more resilient than this time last year. 🤞

I don t consider us to be in the title race. I think we re going to struggle if key players are injured.  The test will be when EL starts again as these matches will get more difficult so need to play a stronger side same  in FA cup. If all players stay fit then top 4 is a more realistic aim anything else is a bonus. We have  good cover in defense but not so in attack and midfield . Already missing Wilf and Vardy and Dennis so no more injuries please

Edited by Gazza3

The media will constantly refer to our drop off last season. 

As it stands we're no better off this season than we were last season. Get that monkey off our back and we'll have improved on last year. 

Being in the title race is all well and good but the fixtures really start to come thick and fast now. We have 9 games before the end of February. By then we'll knownif we're still in the FA Cup and Europa (I'd hope we still will be)

Improvement for us this season will be a finish in the top 5 again, but without falling off like we did last year. Top 4 would be nice, but not disastrous if we don't get there. 

It's all cliché and over used, but as the players keep saying, 1 game at a time, the most important game is the next one and we'll just keep going quietly about our business and let everyone talk about everyone else 

We are in top four contention. The title race is a different thing altogether for me. When you get Pep being able to rest players, make 9 changes and still get a result (like we might do in a cup situation) one can arguably see the void more clearly in terms of PL success - I mean they are where they are without Aguero! 

How we cope in the next two-three weeks without Ndidi and Vardy will be the acid test for me - after this, if we are still in top four contention I’ll be over the moon!

When we get to ten games to go, if we are within 5 points of the leaders I’ll contemplate the possibility of being involved in a title race but if Man City are not circa nine/ten points clear by then of second place, I’ll be surprised.

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

We havent been out of the top 5 for over a year, weve been top three more than we havent this season. 

Are we in the title race or are we just going to accept the Big 4 concept and just accept we arent good enough?

Other sides dropping stupid points just like us... other teams with injury issues just like us... why cant we do it?

This is Why we sent People like you to OZ in the First place,

nicking bread & chatting up the squires daughter is Not to compare....:teehee:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1