Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Nathaniel Chalobah

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You are forgetting we HAD to get a defender in as we had zero back up. We don't need another defensive midfielder, we can just keep Choudhury. We do need another ACM, but people are failing to compute that our intentions today seem to be to bin Hamza and bring in this absolute bum.

I think it's a respect thing to Hamza. We want him to progress so that he either comes back here better or we can sell for good money. Also we don't want him wasting away on the bench.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I've been concerned for a while it all changed as soon as Rodgers and Congerton arrived. Apart from Fofana who is outstanding and I don't know who discovered him but the rest:

Chalobah - Rodgers trained as a young player.

Under - Soyuncu's best friend.

Castagne - Rodgers wanted at Celtic.

Bennett - Rodgers trained as a young player.

Praet - Tielemans best friend from Anderlecht.

Tielemans - Puel's work

Perez - clearly a punt and wasn't scouted, heard it was who Rodgers asked for upon joining though.

Justin - Rodgers wanted at Celtic.

But some of these were were excellent additions

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's made it clear he wants to sell him, the only interest for us in getting him game time is to then hopefully sell him but this shouldn't be our main priority in the short term when replacing him with someone inferior as a stop gap.

Why? Its business, lets not pretend it is not.

We lose a player on loan we don`t want and don't intend to play and replace him with exactly the same but loaned in

We have a decent chance of maximisimng Hamza's value by loaning him out, it is a gamble for sure, but quite an easy one to take, as if he impresses somewhere his value goes up

8 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

A few things from the Watford forum on him 🤣:

"Why would they consider letting Choudhury leave and replace with an older,slower version?"

So that Hamza can get game time. Chalobah won't be playing ahead of Mendy or Ndidi.

"This would be the strangest signing of the window he is too crap and needs replacing at Watford yet Leicester want to sign him and let a player go who is better than him.

See above. he won't be playing, just as Hamza wasn't.

This has to be a wind up..."

"he's been mostly rubbish, brainless and not really incredibly bothered"

I'd get behind him if he does sign, and hope the fans would give him a chance (not that's theres much choice with stadiums empty). We know how different coaches can get the best out of players.

If all goes to plan you'll never see him play for us in any game of desperate importance.

Just now, AKCJ said:

So that Hamza can get game time. Chalobah won't be playing ahead of Mendy or Ndidi.

If all goes to plan you'll never see him play for us in any game of desperate importance.

Good points. On this however I'd argue every game is important now, all latter stages of competitions. For the record I have no real opinion on this guy as I haven't seen him enough to form one, as I said will back him regardless 

2 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Good points. On this however I'd argue every game is important now, all latter stages of competitions. For the record I have no real opinion on this guy as I haven't seen him enough to form one, as I said will back him regardless 

Well think of the games where Hamza would play for us right now.

They're the games where Chalobah might play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That didn't work to well last year with Bennett?

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

But it never goes according to plan just look at the tail end of last season for example.

I fear lessons haven’t been learned and if this gamble back fires then the benefits are null and void because any additional value Hamza gains will be nothing compared to lost prize money and champs league money. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

That didn't work to well last year with Bennett?

No but that's because we had an unprecedented number of injuries and would have been playing an actual child if we didn't sign Bennett.

It's the same with this. If we were to go through the same injury record then we'd have to dip into the academy and Rodgers has already said there isn't a good enough option in there.