Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds H Post Match Thread

The good news...

Wilf and Jamie will return in a couple of weeks....

the bad news...

it does not take much to drop out of the Top 4 positions in the table and a couple of losses may seal our fate.

...hope we have a decent team for the EL in couple of weeks.

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

We'd just gone 9 unbeaten and only conceded 6 goals! Even at HT we were level and could have easily been in front, admittedly they could have too but going to the back 5 backfired and killed us. I'd rather we'd put on another attacking threat so we could attack from both sides and push Leeds back instead of the negative approach that saw us lose the game.

I understand that but I think it let Leeds press us more effectively. Hence why the first half was a basket ball match. I think it’s naive when a team like Leeds press so strongly. 

The back 5 worked perfectly well last time against Leeds as they bombed forward as per their usual which opened up space for us. Yes we cocked up with the goals but by and large Mendy and Tielemans looked more solid in the second half.

We just needed to take a chance from there, which we did have a few good ones. 

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

We'd just gone 9 unbeaten, even at HT we were level and could have easily been in front, admittedly they could have too but going to the back 5 backfired and killed us. I'd rather we'd put on another attacking threat so we could attack from both sides and push Leeds back instead of the negative approach that saw us lose the game.

???? At half time we were very very lucky not to be two or three down. Credit to Leeds who came here with intent. The changed system steadied the game, allowed us to get our foot on the ball - and retain possession, for a while at least. The loss was down to some poor finishing and some dire individual performances and errors regardless of the system.  Without N'didi we are a different side irrespective of whether you play a back four/ two CBs, three CBs or a flat back five as the second half of last season demonstrated. 

Edited by Line-X

Go all out and sign William Carvalho, Mendy is not physical enough in the middle of the park. He is a good player but as a defensive midfielder we need someone physical.

Bring in Sturridge / or pay the money for Edouard for a striker that is clinical, and bring in attacking midfielder I don’t know who but someone like Draxler would do. We need experience, cannot afford to miss out on the top 4 again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mythyaar said:

Can't believe the vitriol aimed towards Mendy on here.

He's been one of our most consistent players all season. For some to say they never want to see him in our shirt again is just pathetic.

Mendy hasnt played for weeks understable he was rusty he has done ok

• Like 2

Dear Brendan do you still "enjoy playing against Leeds?"

If this is how we are gonna perform without vardy and ndidi than we don't deserve to be in the top 4.

Everyone needs a proper look in the mirror tonite. We can have a bad day at the office but we should 

not have lost this game with the qualities we have but the players didn't apply it. sad sunday.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

The back 5 worked perfectly well last time against Leeds as they bombed forward as per their usual which opened up space for us. Yes we cocked up with the goals but by and large Mendy and Tielemans looked more solid in the second half.

Vardy was an absolute menace that night. We would have done much better today with more threat on the right and a striker but didn't decide to go down that route for some reason.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mythyaar said:

Can't believe the vitriol aimed towards Mendy on here.

He's been one of our most consistent players all season. For some to say they never want to see him in our shirt again is just pathetic.

I didn't think he had a good game, I don't think it's vitriolic to say so. I don't think the criticism today has been OTT. 

Edited by Webbo

8 minutes ago, nnfox said:

That is harsh.  Not his best game, but never want to see him play for us again?  Come off it.

I think he is really poor as a holding midfielder, he never intercepts the ball, never wins the ball back. He is awful and today was as bad as it gets. He is shocking. Yeah he runs around but he does nothing at all, nothing.

We didn't make it happen, we got beat. Some very poor form from a bunch of lads today. We cant win them all but this is a bad result for me. A draw would have been fair but these things happen. Sigh.

IMO, Perez isn't shit but he isn't the right fit just like Nacho. Neither justify their price tags

7 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Didn’t think we deserved to lose but certainly didn’t deserve to win. I think we looked a bit leggy, games catching up with us compared to them who had 10 days off before the game against Newcastle.

Perez really grim, Maddison poor, Evans poor, Mendy poor, and Albrighton, as often happens when he has a run of games, looked stale.

Fully expect a load of drivel about Rodgers from those who have been hush hush in the last couple of week.

Leeds totally deserved to win. Our last positive moment was the disallowed goal on 19 mins. After that it was crap.

So many failed to turn up today but Perez and Maddison take the buscuit with their 0/10 performances.

I hope we can find a buyer for Perez before midnight, I would rather start with 10 on the pitch than see him again. At least it might spur the players on a bit.