Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds H Post Match Thread

Hang them all.

But once we've finished finding scapegoats the real difference for me today was Tielemans was hardly in the game. Was that because he was marked out of it or played badly? You can't tell on TV. But without him taking charge of the ball we struggle to function. We still had enough chances but it all felt snatched. Their energy mostly did for us plus some poor choices in the final third. Ok everyone has had a poor run this season. Key think is how quickly we can reverse it. Good news is we'd picked up some good wins recently. All balances out, never quite felt we were real title contenders.

3 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Probably the worst performance for some time which is such a shame after a few weeks of really positive play. Having said that, we always struggle against lower teams (despite what Sky say, Leeds are).

We don’t struggle against the lower half - before today, we were 25 points from an available 30. Difference is Leeds aren’t passive like the rest - they won’t stick 11 behind the ball, they pressed us and we didn’t want to up the effort 

• Like 1

It's infuriating losing to sides like Leeds. Defensively they are shocking and as a team very one dimensional. We got dragged down to their level and bought into the end-to-end, frantic play. At Elland Road we played on our terms and cut them to shreds. There were enough chances and openings for us to punish them today and we didn't take it, and in turn were sloppy in possession ourselves. Disappointing, especially after taking 7/9 against much more accomplished opposition. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Earle said:

Some perspective required here, though I realise this is FT!

No team can win every game playing every 3 days in this craziest of all seasons. Man U list at home to Sheffield U, Liverpool to Burnley. Shit happens. 

We could easily have won that one, but didn’t match their physicality or running. A few players were off it. Our finishing, Barnes’ goal apart, wasn’t clinical. 

We pick ourselves up and go for a win at Fulham. 4th is still on!

Way too measured! And Ricky P is back praise the lord. I usually feel miserable after a defeat but not today. Leeds did a decent job on us. 

• Like 3

Just now, Cecchini1976 said:

Really missed  Ndidi, Mendy was shocking and personally don’t want to see him in a Leicester shirt again. 1st goal he doesn’t block the space or go to the man, 3rd goal, well I’m  speechless, he has to win the ball or make the foul, again he does neither. 

Awful performance from all players to be fair. Awful 

That is harsh.  Not his best game, but never want to see him play for us again?  Come off it.

• Like 2

Didn’t think we deserved to lose but certainly didn’t deserve to win. I think we looked a bit leggy, games catching up with us compared to them who had 10 days off before the game against Newcastle.

Perez really grim, Maddison poor, Evans poor, Mendy poor, and Albrighton, as often happens when he has a run of games, looked stale.

Fully expect a load of drivel about Rodgers from those who have been hush hush in the last couple of week.

7 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Mendy is so average. Passes sideways or backwards and he got bullied in midfield today...had to win that challenge before their third or bring the player down.

Not in the league of Ndidi.

Also I never thought I would say it....but Nacho should start next game

Mendy is no world-beater, but it's unfair to claim he was negative today. He really wasn't. He tried to inject pace and look for the forward ball. 

He will never have Ndidi's physicality or Kanté's unreal anticipation, so we have to live with his limitations. He's absolutely committed and composed on the ball too, good backup.

• Like 2

I posted this in November 2019 as noticed JM's corners were shit..........

"Has anything ever come from a Maddison corner? 

I stand to be corrected  but I can't remember us scoring from one but that's a different thread on it's own"

Nothing has changed and his set pieces are utterly woeful.

Well past time for a change.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, surrifox said:

About 15 minutes in I posted that the game felt really weird , somehow . I can honestly say that I could see no coherent system in the entire half .We weren’t attacking in massive numbers yet when they broke we were caught short handed in defence as if half the players were playing a separate game out of camera around the half way line . Not brilliantly described but I’m still in a bit of shock that when a side rock up prepared to attack and give us space to hit them on the counter instead of getting RSI from all the goal celebrations we look like a deflating balloon full of shite 

Like Southampton at home last season.

• Like 1

First half we went with the wrong approach, we were lucky not to be 3-1 down after the first half.

Tactical switch at HT was the right decision imo, we looked the better team for the first 20 mins of the second half. Then individual errors in the worst place on the pitch to make them, ended up costing us the game. Their second goal could be blamed on numerous players. 

We were far too sloppy today in dangerous areas of the pitch, they put pressure on us in our own half and made it count.

Perez was poor, far too lightweight, easy scapegoat today but he isn’t a striker. Maddison was pretty much the same, too lightweight, hardly any influence on the game and set pieces were crap again. Mendy produced an absolute masterclass at Elland Road, but today he got bullied far too easily.

This what happens when we’re missing our two key players in Ndidi and Vardy, we look nothing more than mid table fodder. 

Edited by kingfox

This defeat has shades of 'history repeats itself', but I really hope not. Perez was awful, but the squad mentality really wasn't there, Tielemans, who is usually such a clever player randomly booting it at the keeper from miles out said it all.

Signing a new striker is absolutely key. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's what Iheanacho hasn't done, looked any good when's had the chance. 

We have a choice between the two, both are poor, but I believe Iheanacho offers more than Perez.

The only other alternative is try Barnes down the middle which i'd push for given the chance.

Other than than that, get the chequebook out, but it has to be for the right player, we've wasted far too much money already trying to solve this problem imo we already have an (Not the but a - better than than the 2 in question above anyway) answer to the problem, we're just not trying him centrally.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, eastendfox said:

Hang them all.

But once we've finished finding scapegoats the real difference for me today was Tielemans was hardly in the game. Was that because he was marked out of it or played badly? You can't tell on TV. But without him taking charge of the ball we struggle to function. We still had enough chances but it all felt snatched. Their energy mostly did for us plus some poor choices in the final third. Ok everyone has had a poor run this season. Key think is how quickly we can reverse it. Good news is we'd picked up some good wins recently. All balances out, never quite felt we were real title contenders.

Tielemans was more involved than Madison.   When the striker comes deep it he takes ip madisons space.   Ayoze worked hard... but he is not on the shoulder of the defenders.  Square peg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

Hamstringing ourselves in the race for top 4 for the second year in a row by not signing a Vardy backup. Doesn't matter if its Perez or Iheanacho playing, they are both nowhere near good enough for a team pushing the top of the league. 

It's like playing with 10 men. 

This. Exactly. 

It drives me mad how the club and half on here can't see that we're desperate for competent Vardy backup.

A CF at this level is supposed to be a match winner. Especially in a game like today. I can't remember the last time Perez or Iheanacho was the difference that won us a match. 

We were just missing that one clinical player up top to steal us a goal and completely change the game which in turn completely changes the season as instead of bemoaning our lack of this and that we would now be getting excited about a title race. 

Such a missed opportunity only excused by average people with average lives.

Sorry. Mediocrity triggers me.

Phew! I needed to get that off my chest 🤣

I'm not pissed off honest :ph34r:

Edited by BigGibbo