Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds H Post Match Thread

Just now, matty98 said:

Evans was absolutely horrendous today, wtf is he doing for the first goal being out on the wing, it's Luke Ayling ffs, not Ronaldo, he's not a goal threat. Then the 2nd goal, unbelievably lazy not getting back in line with the defence and playing Bamford onside. Completely unacceptable from someone who's supposed to be our defensive leader. I'd start Fofana and Soyuncu next game.

He was awful the back end of last season

instead of a 2 and half year deal the money should of been saved for a tarkowski type of player even sven boteman

1 minute ago, OadbyBlue said:

Anyone else rather see Choudhury start the next game than mendy?

Go on then.

If only to prove that Mendy does infact to a decent job when called upon.

I mean what do people expect of a a squad player who only sees game time when Wilf is injured or it's a cup game? He's not going to come on and be a world beater is he? The guy proved when he had a run of games how decent a player he is. Hardly fair to single him out in his first premier league start for a good while, in a team that collectively wasn't on the pace.

• Like 1

Bad day at the office, we move onto the next one.

Iheanacho is finished here, needs to be moved on in the summer and replaced with a striker that suits our system. I'd love for us to sign a striker tomorrow but don't think we've got the funds for it sadly. As we're not using him we're having to shoehorn Perez into the system and it's equally as bad, he looks like a fish out of water today, dreadful performance.

We really need someone else other than Maddison to take some set pieces, it's so predictable and most of them were pretty poor. The one or two that were actually decent we wasted anyway.

All this title talk is ridiculous, we're competing with WHU, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs for 4th, 5th or 6th, lets not make the mistake we did last season thinking we'll be in the top 2, we won't be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

It's what Iheanacho hasn't done, looked any good when's had the chance. 

I don't think he's been that bad. Yes, a little out of form leading up to his axe but worth 45 mins today. 

Edited by Collymore

9 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

And the second half slump begins. 
Not sure how anyone can defend Rodgers if we drop like we did last season. 

Looks a Tit now after all the crap he came out with after beating them at their place. 

Maddison - Garbage. Did he ever make one decent pass? 

Everyone pretty poor, Other than Kasper. 

Sad that when Ndidi and Vardy are injured we are bloody awful 

Why are you trying to preempt this about Rodgers? It's actually quite astonishing that a section of our fans are incapable of appreciating what he's actually done here. Incredible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

About 15 minutes in I posted that the game felt really weird , somehow . I can honestly say that I could see no coherent system in the entire half .We weren’t attacking in massive numbers yet when they broke we were caught short handed in defence as if half the players were playing a separate game out of camera around the half way line . Not brilliantly described but I’m still in a bit of shock that when a side rock up prepared to attack and give us space to hit them on the counter instead of getting RSI from all the goal celebrations we look like a deflating balloon full of shite 

• Like 1

Some perspective required here, though I realise this is FT!

No team can win every game playing every 3 days in this craziest of all seasons. Man U list at home to Sheffield U, Liverpool to Burnley. Shit happens. 

We could easily have won that one, but didn’t match their physicality or running. A few players were off it. Our finishing, Barnes’ goal apart, wasn’t clinical. 

We pick ourselves up and go for a win at Fulham. 4th is still on!

• Like 3

Off day for too many today. Clearly Timmy wasn't right either. Madders needs to come off of set pieces immediately! I want him out on that new training pitch practising every blooming day! We missed Ndidi and Vards and even grit from Praet. The result I can deal with, it happens. It was an off day, we can't win them all and we still sit third in a very close table. Liverpool have a tough game too. What worries me is the growing injury list.... Praet, Timmy, Ndidi, Vards.  They are big players to be missing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

BTW Leeds worked hard, but they're also very cynical, going down easy, lots of little trips. 

yes, the current, unfathomable, media love in with them misses that. Plus never forget Patrick Bamford v Villa - what a rotter.

They're not a bad side, but we should have known what to expect and dealt with it better.

Really missed  Ndidi, Mendy was shocking and personally don’t want to see him in a Leicester shirt again. 1st goal he doesn’t block the space or go to the man, 3rd goal, well I’m  speechless, he has to win the ball or make the foul, again he does neither. 

Awful performance from all players to be fair. Awful 

Blimey we need another striker, if Brendan doesn't fancy Kelechi. This has been true now for two seasons and this is one real failing of Rodgers and the board not to get a decent striker in now for four transfer windows. Even when Vardy comes back he is likely be off the pace a bit. 

No excuses today, quite simply the best team won

You could pretty much see they were going to win after about 60 mins in.

Defensively we were poor, offensively we were devoid of ideas.

I thought Maddison today was absolutely useless, but he wasn’t the only one off form.

Rodgers didn’t have a scooby how to win that game today imo 

We never recovered from them scoring.  It's as if we scored and then thought that we'd won.  Leeds getting back into just wasn't part of the script.

Referee was poor.

Maddison's set pieces were terrible.

Perez was abysmal.

Our defence was shocking.

I thought we'd gotten these weird, crappy performances out of the way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Frankly, I just don't get why Brendan doesn't relieve him of the set piece duties. He has been CONSISTENTLY POOR at it.

I think its to keep Maddison happy as in his head he sometimes thinks he’s the second coming of Beckham. 

The lad is very good at many things but set pieces are not one of them and they need taking off him. Its a detriment to the team now. 

• Like 1