Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds H Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Aside from today we had a flawless record when going ahead?

I'm not talking about surrendering leads, I'm talking about dropping points in relatively easy games. Across the last 12 months. So many to mention. In fact you could name almost every side that's been regularly in the bottom 10 this and last season.

3 minutes ago, maynefox said:

Persisting with Perez.

It has Brendan's ego written all over it that. He should have been hooked at halftime, not sure what Kelechi has done but something must have kicked off in the background. 

I'd like to say it's unlucky to find ourselves in this situation but this lack of threat with Vardy injured has been on the cards for years and no one has done a thing about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably the worst performance for some time which is such a shame after a few weeks of really positive play. Having said that, we always struggle against lower teams (despite what Sky say, Leeds are).

Maddison's set pieces are terrible and he needs taking off them. He's had some really good performances last few weeks but today he was worse than anonymous. At fault for their 1st and 3rd goal. Interesting to see if he comes out with some jolly, begging it, interview today saying he should be playing for England. 

Attitude is the real worry, we actually played well when we went behind, why on earth wernt they trying like that before? That's indefensible to me.

Finally, we need to play with a striker. Perez was garbage today, but he's not a striker. Play players in their positions and it's a start. 

A worrying defeat. 

Leeds should be there for the taking for any top side, their style is suicidal and any side with a good attack should finish them off.

Today was the worst performance of the season, from front to back we were poor. We started well and looked ready to take them to the cleaners, but one poor pass and a frankly easy goal changed everything.

Key offender for me today;

Evans

Mendy

Maddison 

Albrighton

Perez. 

All were absolutely pathetic, no aggression, no desire to get at their opponents, Maddison’s pass to Barnes that led to Leeds’s goal was so unbelievably ****ing lazy we deserved to concede. Leeds beat us today by out working and out running us, and that is absolutely unacceptable. Bamford scores a screamer but the ball should never have got to him.

Unfortunately we lack a lot with no Vardy and no Wilf, our midfield is weak and attack toothless. It’s a worrying defeat this, because it shows that the back bone of our side are those two and without them we’re pretty ordinary. 

It means Rodgers has a real headache and the club need to think hard about their ambitions for this season because if we want to genuinely compete for the top four, we need to get a new striker in, Leeds have shown the league without Vardy and Wilf were not up to it. 

Im slightly worried now, I fear this maybe the start of a slump, Leeds did a number on us today without really playing well, just working hard and wanting it more. These lads need to have a think about what they want from this season, because that was one of the laziest, unconvincing performances I’ve seen this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

BTW Leeds worked hard, but they're also very cynical, going down easy, lots of little trips. 

And they were clued up at how awful we were at set pieces, they seemed to go out of the way to foul at 35 to 40 yards from goal. 

Evans was absolutely horrendous today, wtf is he doing for the first goal being out on the wing, it's Luke Ayling ffs, not Ronaldo, he's not a goal threat. Then the 2nd goal, unbelievably lazy not getting back in line with the defence and playing Bamford onside. Completely unacceptable from someone who's supposed to be our defensive leader. I'd start Fofana and Soyuncu next game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

It has Brendan's ego written all over it that. He should have been hooked at halftime, not sure what Kelechi has done but something must have kicked off in the background. 

I'd like to say it's unlucky to find ourselves in this situation but this lack of threat with Vardy injured has been on the cards for years and no one has done a thing about it.

It's what Iheanacho hasn't done, looked any good when's had the chance. 

Instead of me being negative here if we want this club to go forward and get champions league football and compete. Are perez or nacho good enough when vardy is injured or as back up. I feel both perez and nacho have had long enough to make a statement here I personally ****ing hate watching perez he frustrates me to ****. I can't see a future here for perez or nacho if we want to get where we wanna be. Today was utter shit all round though so not pointing at perez directly. We are all human at the end of the day and today to many players didn't turn up.