Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Wolves (A) Match Thread

OK BR . Gotta make HT changes . How could you gamble with these vital 3 points . Perez and Iheanacho ? Perez has practically a 100 % record of costing us possession 1st half . At one point Wolves who are outmatched made their best chance of 3 good ones when the Wolves 12th man  (cunningly playing in blue ! no. 17. Is that legal) ) gave a perfect pass into an isolated Wolves player in the centre, Iheanacho nearly passable .He s making presses !  Barnes is showing him how to really press but Nacho is definitely getting the idea. 

We would have been probably a couple up had we played a footballer instead of Perez. Cognitive perception be buggered he's a teenager playing a man's game. Even without changes we could win but its such a silly risk . How can we guarantee a win with a forward player giving away, losing the ball , incredibly even fouling twice , every time he's involved . I don't have to tell you BR did n't phone me early this morning to check his selections . He knew I'd never have OK' ed them.

No major chenges necessary , just Perez off replaced by anyone.

Edited by Alan Frost

Think the longer this game goes on the the more it swings in our direction. Wolves don't have too many options off the bench and the threat from Traore will lessen as time passes. Having both Vardy and Under available for the last half an hour to test tired legs in the Wolves back line I'm hoping be the difference in the end. Kind of feel Nuno has played his best hand hoping to get an early advantage and then kill the game but we've coped well so far. 

The biased commentary seems to persist whoever we play against. So many pundits and commentators are willing us to fall away again as we spoil the 'look' of the top 4. A plucky little team is allowed to do it once, that can be dismissed as a 5000 - 1 anomaly and it's a great story but if you invade that exclusive club too often you become a threat. We've become a real irritant and many hate us for it. With no real crowd noise anyway I get a clearer perspective on what is actually going on in the game by having the sound off!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I'd expect Mendy on for Hamza pretty soon. Hamza playing well but on a yellow in the first half makes him a risk.

Did I miss Hamza getting a yellow? 

Just now, Angus Scott said:

Just ask yourselves, would Nacho, Perez or Hamza be picked for any other team in the top ten of the Premier League?

So why are they playing for us

Yes if they nacho and hamza definitely would if they had the injuries we had. Remember they wouldn’t be starting here if vardy and ndidi were fit

My fear is Dan on for Evans which won't be an upgrade even though Evans has been poor. Perez to play until the 70th minute. Then the yellows to score a goal on the break and we end up stuffed. Hopefully Brendan has had words at half time to change things.

Been Ok first half, were actually being given quite a lot of time in the Middle of the park, but the movement off the ball is pretty static/breaks down and we go backwards.

Perez isn’t cutting it again and gave the ball away twice on the edge of our box with poor passes.

I just don’t think he excels in any position, Jack of a few positions master of none.

Games there for the taking as Wolves are quite defensive bar hitting Neto/Traore who are there only threat.

Barnes looking decent and Nacho/Maddison with some good link up play at times.

Think it’s a 1-0 either way but hopefully 3 points for  the foxes 🦊