Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

Oh how I love when outsiders preach to us how Ranieri should have been allowed to leave on his terms.

Most of us will know that under Ranieri we were in a continuous decline and relegation looked likely. Professional sport is a tough and unforgiving business, when your time is up there are few hiding places and you soon outstay your welcome. Even Jamie Vardy will be quickly moved aside when he begins his decline, that's the nature of the beast and little room for sentiment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They are still coming out with the Ranieri noncence years after.

Even though we have proven to be more than a yo-yo club these days. Just nonsense, Ranieri upset too many after the title win and that is the reason he went. We were much better than relegation fodder. Why don’t they talk about Mourinho getting sacked at Chelsea when they were near relegation, with all what he achieved? 

what is even more funny is these were the same people telling us Ranieri was a terrible appointment, he was finished and had us going down before the season kicked off . 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

Who the **** is Simon Stone? I wonder if he was a Leicester fan at Swansea away when we got beat by a crap swans team. That’s when I knew unfortunately Claudio had to go. That was a dismal day

You can almost understand the ranieri talk at the time when he got the chop from outsiders of the football club but how on earth can they can say it again now I’ll never know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

“Leicester do get relegated so often” 

Yes, but that’s the past? The board wanted to rectify that and put us where we are now. How ignorant can you be to still harp on about Ranieri and see it as only being ‘probably the right decision’?

Absolute nonsense that he deserved to see that season out, fans were devastated to see him go - but he’d upset just about everyone at the club in that second season and was, as Bourne says, taking us down on that form. We played worse in 16/17 (under Ranieri) than 14/15 when we were bottom.

To be fair, he says “every so often” which completely changes the meaning from what you quoted. But yeah, shoehorning Claudio into the Wilder story is bollocks.

9 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

To be fair, he says “every so often” which completely changes the meaning from what you quoted. But yeah, shoehorning Claudio into the Wilder story is bollocks.

It's just a weird link to make, and then a patronising one at that. As if we should have just settled for relegation based on winning the title and ignoring anything good we might have done since then, in terms of establishing ourselves as a PL club but more so as a side that can challenge the top 6 and qualify for Europe. 

He basically needs his head checking for even raising it as a point, let alone running with it with some level of arrogance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

To be honest even as a Leicester fan a part of me understands where it all comes from. Obviously we probably had to get rid of him but it was fvcking gutting. He delivered us the dream and he was a gent. If anyone in the entire history of world football did ever deserve a chance then it was him. I’m not saying we should have accepted relegation and kept him, in a footballing sense it was the right decision but that doesn’t mean that in a human sense it doesn’t leave a bitter taste. In hindsight I really wish he’d have just walked away after the title win. X 

He’d have left when he relegated us anyway. 

Ok so everyone knows it’s possible to understand why someone was sacked, and agree with it, but also wish it didn’t happen right? And to understand that some people not collected with the club might view it differently to how we do. X 

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Ok so everyone knows it’s possible to understand why someone was sacked, and agree with it, but also wish it didn’t happen right? And to understand that some people not collected with the club might view it differently to how we do. X 

Think this might be happening with Sheff Utd to some degree. 

Most people seem puzzled by the Wilder thing. But a mate of mine, who's a big Blades fan rang me earlier, and was actually pretty happy he's gone. According to him, most of his friends will be in agreement. Hard to argue with that really, when you look at them this season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Who the **** is Simon Stone? I wonder if he was a Leicester fan at Swansea away when we got beat by a crap swans team. That’s when I knew unfortunately Claudio had to go. That was a dismal day

You can almost understand the ranieri talk at the time when he got the chop from outsiders of the football club but how on earth can they can say it again now I’ll never know. 

Yeah, and Southampton away where we looked like a confused Championship team playing away at a Premier League team. Got slapped 3-0 with us barely having a shot on goal.

I always got the sense Wilder’s man management was limited.

If you keep insisting to your players -- and the media -- that they are Championship and League One talent, and lucky to be where they are, that may put a charge up them in the short run.

But once things start to go seriously wrong, how do you motivate them to believe, when you’ve beaten into them that they haven’t got the quality?

Just now, KingsX said:

If you keep insisting to your players -- and the media -- that they are Championship and League One talent, and lucky to be where they are, that may put a charge up them in the short run.

But once things start to go seriously wrong, how do you motivate them to believe, when you’ve beaten into them that they haven’t got the quality?

You'd need a team of Kisnorbos :P

30 minutes ago, Koke said:

Yeah, and Southampton away where we looked like a confused Championship team playing away at a Premier League team. Got slapped 3-0 with us barely having a shot on goal.

That was a game where, I'm led to believe, CR decided to change the formation in the hour before the game and the players, who'd been working on something all week, suddenly had to completely alter their thinking.

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

That was a game where, I'm led to believe, CR decided to change the formation in the hour before the game and the players, who'd been working on something all week, suddenly had to completely alter their thinking.

I seem to remember that was Copenhagen away, although he could have done it a few times. 

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I seem to remember that was Copenhagen away, although he could have done it a few times. 

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

They looked visible confused as well. Im not sure for a fact but I'd guess that's where Ranieri started to lose the players' trust and respect.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

They looked visible confused as well. Im not sure for a fact but I'd guess that's where Ranieri started to lose the players' trust and respect.

There were a few private murmurings of concern about CR during the title winning season so what happened subsequently wasn't the biggest surprise in the world.

19 minutes ago, KingsX said:

I agree. People found it "refreshing" that he'd call out players publicly and basically call them limited lower league cloggers. I remember he was getting praise for his "honesty".

He came out with total garbage at times like this gem. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

I agree. People found it "refreshing" that he'd call out players publicly and basically call them limited lower league cloggers. I remember he was getting praise for his "honesty".

He came out with total garbage at times like this gem. 

Not the way to go for me. Criticize players, yes, but do it behind closed doors. I'm not a fan of managers coming out and doing it in public.,

Wrong comparison here but I wouldn't want my boss to have a go at me in front of others outside our team.

• Like 3