Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

Until probably two years ago you’d see Everton fans saying they should sign Vardy lol 

Twitter isn’t the best barometer but it’s like the past 35 years haven’t happened. We’ve been in the league 7 years and surpassed them and it’s as though it’s some sort of syntax error for them 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Until probably two years ago you’d see Everton fans saying they should sign Vardy lol 

Twitter isn’t the best barometer but it’s like the past 35 years haven’t happened. We’ve been in the league 7 years and surpassed them and it’s as though it’s some sort of syntax error for them 

I remember someone posting a post from the Everton forum when they were loosely linked to Maddison and he signed for us. Matey on Everton forum said it's okay because if he looks great they can come in next season and take him off us.

Some of their fans are quite deluded thinking that they can lord it over us. A player may well choose them over us but neither club can bully the other one in the transfer market.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Some of their fans are quite deluded thinking that they can lord it over us. A player may well choose them over us but neither club can bully the other one in the transfer market.

Scenes when we use our Top 4 / Champions League money to poach Calvert-Lewin as our successor to Vardy

:brendan:

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

I remember someone posting a post from the Everton forum when they were loosely linked to Maddison and he signed for us. Matey on Everton forum said it's okay because if he looks great they can come in next season and take him off us.

There is a difference between us and Everton now

they have an ‘owner’ with billions of disposable income 

we have an owner with billions of assets 

You are now seeing the difference played out re expenditure......... their wage bill is going north way faster than most clubs.  And they are committed to spending a huge sum on the new stadium. That won’t affect their day to day running of the club. 

they have been dreadfully underfunded over the kenwright years and they will benefit from the usmanov money now. 

I expect them to actually become part of the extended big six unless the big six can seal their cartel via some kind of euro league arrangement before Everton crash their party. 

you’re right that neither of us can bully the other re transfers ............ for the time being. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You are now seeing the difference played out re expenditure......... their wage bill is going north way faster than most clubs.  And they are committed to spending a huge sum on the new stadium. That won’t affect their day to day running of the club. 

they have been dreadfully underfunded over the kenwright years and they will benefit from the usmanov money now. 

I expect them to actually become part of the extended big six unless the big six can seal their cartel via some kind of euro league arrangement before Everton crash their party. 

you’re right that neither of us can bully the other re transfers ............ for the time being. 

Not sure how you can verify that statement, with regards how much disposable income each owner has.

My take is, one wants to create a club that is sustainable and grows at a steady pace.

The other is more willing to throw his own money at his.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

The new stadium for Everton may well propel them into the elite clubs again. Or at least draw up level to spurs. 

It might actually benefit us.

We are always prone to.losing players who see the biggest 5 as a guaranteed way of CL football and trophies. If the big 5/6 became an 8 or 9, with us (still the outlier)  Everton and West Ham becoming equally as likely to win cups and play European  football, players would have to think far more carefully  before joining, say, chelsea as it's no longer a nailed on pathway to glory.

However, with Spurs, West Ham and Everton all having large flagship stadia, we'll need to step up and push towards a rebuilt (not revamped) KP. I just cannot see the family looking at Everton and Spurs grounds and saying, you know what, let's just stick a tier on the east stand like Cardiff did. The family only do high spec.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

By now every fan of PL clubs should have realised that unless you overpay - you’re not gonna buy a player from within the PL. Especially if there’s some parity between the clubs. 

• Like 1

The clubs in the Everton / Newcastle / Villa band missed the boat on being a regular top 6 club when Chelsea and Man City were purchased, and the only (massive) difference between Spurs and Everton bracket is consistently being well run over a 10-15 year period where obviously the gap is now financially so great that its going to be difficult to catch Spurs on a consistent basis.

Vichai and Top ownership would never have worked at those clubs as the initial expectation and pressure would have been too high.

You'd almost feel those three will sleeping giants for another 20-30 years, cant see how they can catch up at this stage.

Edited by Nalis

not sure where to post but appleton just did an interview with athletic where gives brief account of time at leicester

gist is - wanted to work with shakey, puel froze him out, life was miserable under puel and players were bored

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, eblair said:

not sure where to post but appleton just did an interview with athletic where gives brief account of time at leicester

gist is - wanted to work with shakey, puel froze him out, life was miserable under puel and players were bored

The more I hear of Puel the less and less I think of him. Literally everyone who worked under him says he was a toxic individual. I can't believe anyone on here would have any respect for him. Not being a good manager is fine but at least be a decent human being. Seems like Puel is far from being so.

18 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He would be ideal. Let's do a swap deal; Iheanacho, Choudhury, Perez, Albrighton, Praet, Amarty and a couple of million to sweeten the deal.

Foxestalk logic this, lets suggest a  one-sided deal that only benefits us and wonder why Rudderz can't get it done. Maybe they can loan us Jadon Sancho for the rest of the season with an optional purchase clause of £5m too! Seems reasonable.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Koke said:

This cheered me up today. I needed some laughter.

Everton thinking they are a more attractive club than us and anything other than a mid-table PL side is comedy gold. No boys, you're thinking of the red team in your city!! 

5 hours ago, Hales said:

Adrian Durham is a sarcastic rude idiot! That is all 😂

I listened too , he was being an arse saying we just moan about having injuries constantly and found it highly amusing in a sarcastic annoying way. Apparently we haven’t hardly had any injuries 🤷

22 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

I listened too , he was being an arse saying we just moan about having injuries constantly and found it highly amusing in a sarcastic annoying way. Apparently we haven’t hardly had any injuries 🤷

He got a few calls out of it, so job done for him. Even he doesn't believe half the tripe he comes out with, he just deliberately goes against the grain.

Would rather listen to him winding people up than the pillock Goldstein who covers for him. The most unapologetically biased Man Utd presenter ever, farcically unbalanced. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

He got a few calls out of it, so job done for him. Even he doesn't believe half the tripe he comes out with, he just deliberately goes against the grain.

Would rather listen to him winding people up than the pillock Goldstein who covers for him. The most unapologetically biased Man Utd presenter ever, farcically unbalanced. 

It’s a back handed compliment when Durham goes on the wind up like this,and he knows it.Goldstein is getting dangerously close to the daytime slots now.Cannot express how much I dislke him. Not only that but we are now getting to the stage where the ex pros are either thick, dull or both.The Prem generation.I worry for the future of talk Sport tbh.

14 hours ago, eblair said:

9 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

The more I hear of Puel the less and less I think of him. Literally everyone who worked under him says he was a toxic individual. I can't believe anyone on here would have any respect for him. Not being a good manager is fine but at least be a decent human being. Seems like Puel is far from being so.

No comment lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Didn't know where to put this but this is pretty good for some perspective of the season so far. We are keeping some bloody good company!

480.jpg

Rodgers out! Bottom 3 after 26 games. Need a change to have any chance of avoiding relegation.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Haha 1

there is not a big six... there is a "Big two"... Man Utd and Liverpool... Look internationally and that is what you see.

A couple of years ago Liverpool had 100,000 singing YNWA at the MCG. The media here were falling over themselves to be a part.

Everyone else is small time in comparison, again, internationally ... Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Man city are news when they are on top... as Leicester were (and will be again :) ) but no-one outside an epl fan know or care that Arse are shite this year and wont even think of them unless they return to top four positions. Then literally ask anyone in Australia who Aston Villa, Wolves or lollol Notts Forest are and you will get a complete blank

If we were playing Australian Pointless and they topic was greatest EPL teams.... youd get about a dozen pointless answers.

• Like 4