Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

55 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

With the stadium they built, I doubt their transfer budget would be that much bigger than ours as well, plus Rodgers wouldn’t really get paid more either. It is merely a side step, when you take that into consideration. Would you risk total job security just to move to a team with a nicer stadium with expectations beyond what they are capable of? He will want a bigger club than Spurs, to move from leicester 

I'm not worried by this at all as although Tottenham are a much bigger club it's a move for BR with very little upside. We're likely to have CL football and they aren't for one and I believe we have a better squad than what they do. Also in the transfer market the pool of players who would sign for Tottenham but reject Leicester is very small and they would only have the budget to sign one of those players. We might sign Trinicao, Edouard and Soumare this summer which is three players virtually any club in the world would be happy to sign.

If BR doesn't feel he has hit his ceiling at Leicester and can keep improving us then why would he leave to go anywhere but a real top job. BR also has great working conditions here with job security, fantastic support from the hierarchy. a lot of influence and a young squad that is still improving. If he moves this summer to Tottenham then it does his reputation no good and it makes it harder for him to get a real top job like Man City or Chelsea when they arise. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

I'm not worried by this at all as although Tottenham are a much bigger club it's a move for BR with very little upside. We're likely to have CL football and they aren't for one and I believe we have a better squad than what they do. Also in the transfer market the pool of players who would sign for Tottenham but reject Leicester is very small and they would only have the budget to sign one of those players. We might sign Trinicao, Edouard and Soumare this summer which is three players virtually any club in the world would be happy to sign.

If BR doesn't feel he has hit his ceiling at Leicester and can keep improving us then why would he leave to go anywhere but a real top job. BR also has great working conditions here with job security, fantastic support from the hierarchy. a lot of influence and a young squad that is still improving. If he moves this summer to Tottenham then it does his reputation no good and it makes it harder for him to get a real top job like Man City or Chelsea when they arise. 

Also if it goes wrong, he could be gone within a year and a half. He’s still got time.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

And you were doing so well until then @Gerard!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

"oh no"

It's the.first step on their way to recovery. 

Kicking 40 year habit, admitting that they are no longer European and world champions and the aspirational club fir every child in the western world means a long overdue dose of humility 

48 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Not really though. They've won nothing in donkeys years, and they're hardly some giant historical football club like Liverpool. They're traditionally a mid table club at best. I don't think any players would choose them over us, let alone managers.

• Like 1

Spurs board and fans demand ‘attractive attacking football’ and BR in reality does not fit that bill. 75% of our play is side to side and extremely patient and the team set up more often than not to be cautious. He wouldn’t last longer than a year at Spurs. Whatever he’s doing here is working and he has a mandate for it. At Spurs he won’t get the same level of patience, they have high expectations and are extremely deluded.

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

"oh no"

It's been over 20 years since Forest have been top flight. There are now adults that have never known NFFC to be anything but mediocre.

The most recent success from their club is Westley Morgan... Who crossed county lines to be a Premier League winning captain.

The big problem isn't just because we're Leicester City, it's because NFFC have been utter dross for 2 decades!

Edited by LC/FC
Typos
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dames said:

Spurs board and fans demand ‘attractive attacking football’ and BR in reality does not fit that bill. 75% of our play is side to side and extremely patient and the team set up more often than not to be cautious. He wouldn’t last longer than a year at Spurs. Whatever he’s doing here is working and he has a mandate for it. At Spurs he won’t get the same level of patience, they have high expectations and are extremely deluded.

I wouldnt say thats true. I think this season weve been more effective and functional but we still play some very good, attractive football. I just think rodgers is smarter now so will happily play more defensive when it suits or we have injuries.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I wouldnt say thats true. I think this season weve been more effective and functional but we still play some very good, attractive football. I just think rodgers is smarter now so will happily play more defensive when it suits or we have injuries.

Yeah which attractive stuff makes up about 25% of our play but the other 75% is functional, side to side, recycling possession etc however you wanna badge it. It works for us but what i’m saying is, it wouldn’t fly at Spurs. 

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Just saw Hamza starring in a FIFA 21 advert! 

"How Hamza Choudhury is helping inspire British Asians into football | The Independent" https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/hamza-choudhury-fifa-21-midnight-ramadan-league-b1836004.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9510295/Its-different-feel-season-Brendan-Rodgers-confident-Leicester-wont-slip-again.html

'It's definitely a different feel this season': Brendan Rodgers confident Leicester won't slip up again in race for the top four as they prepare to host Crystal Palace on Monday night
Leicester fell out of the top four on the final day of the 2019-20 campaign 
Brendan Rodgers' team are currently third after another strong season
The Foxes manager does not believe that history will repeat itself this term
By TOM COLLOMOSSE FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 22:37, 25 April 2021 | UPDATED: 23:42, 25 April 2021

Brendan Rodgers hopes Leicester's Champions League near-miss last season will help drive them over the line this term.

Leicester were in the top four for most of the 2019-20 campaign only to slip to fifth on the final day due to a poor run of form after lockdown.

Ahead of Monday night's clash with Crystal Palace, Leicester are third after another strong season in which they have also reached the FA Cup final against Chelsea on May 15.

'If you think of last year, a lot of the players had never been consistently up there near the top, so it was a great learning experience,' said Rodgers. 'We have evolved over the course of the season. It's definitely a different feel this season, but it doesn't make it any easier.

'You've seen the control in the team, the maturity in the team is improving all the time and we are playing at a good level.'

Leicester are also boosted by the blossoming strike partnership between Jamie Vardy and Kelechi Iheanacho. The Nigerian is in the form of his life, with 11 goals in his previous eight matches, and Vardy ended a two-month drought with the opener in last Thursday's 3-0 win over struggling West Brom.

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I was having a snoop on the Spurs forum (makes me laugh how easily they think they could get our players) and noticed this, whoever is in charge of their transfers had an absolute shocker

228CB1EE-39B2-42F1-8AF2-7ADC12658DDE.jpeg

Ok but is this actually a case of someone at their club making those decisions or are they just looking at our signings and wondering what could have been?

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I was having a snoop on the Spurs forum (makes me laugh how easily they think they could get our players) and noticed this, whoever is in charge of their transfers had an absolute shocker

Looking at that, I don't think they are commenting on signing from us. I think we signed Perierra when they signed Aurier and Castagne when they signed Doherty. So their complaint it they should have been challenging us for those signing, but instead signed the other 2. I'm pretty sure in both cases they signed them before we signed our two players

10 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Ok but is this actually a case of someone at their club making those decisions or are they just looking at our signings and wondering what could have been?

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Looking at that, I don't think they are commenting on signing from us. I think we signed Perierra when they signed Aurier and Castagne when they signed Doherty. So their complaint it they should have been challenging us for those signing, but instead signed the other 2. I'm pretty sure in both cases they signed them before we signed our two players

They were heavily linked with both players before they signed the other 2/before we signed them, which is what I was pointing out

https://talksport.com/football/376475/transfer-report-leicester-beat-tottenham-signing-porto-defender-ricardo-pereira-ps175m-fee/

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-timothy-castagne-18884750

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Our signings have been far from coincidental, aside from the exceptional scouting, signings are clearly statigised towards building our group of players towards a cohesive nature.

Having Puel gave us a link to Ricardo, which made it easier to sign a quality player from Porto. Puel also had strong links to Monaco, which possibly allowed negotiations for Tielemans a little bit easier. Signing Tielemans(by also showing him how much of an ambitious Club we are), allowed us to bring in Praet and Castagne.

Looking deeper there are links all over the place with past players - Dragovic for example, weird loan at the time, didn't really fit but was Fuchs compatriot. Under this season, Soyuncu's childhood friend. Operation "Keep Mahrez happy" involved signing Slimani.

It's very clever and shows the methodical and thorough planning which has helped build Leicester City up. You have to build a team, likeable characters who get on well together and create a harmonious, happy environment; aswell as being good footballers - not just rely renegades ... as we harshly learnt under Sven & Martin Allen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

personally i think if we had signed Doherty instead of Castagne, Doherty would be 5 times the play that he is currently at spurs. He was unplayable in some games for Wolves. Spurs have just sucked the life out of him like they have with Ali,  

Its not the players they are signing its the managers, coaches and current players that are the issue. 

• Like 3