Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It will take 10 years of us hanging about the top 6 to ever be accepted. 

Four season in the Champions League. That's what it took Spurs as I recall. If we manage it we'll cause some serious, painful and hilarious recriminations at Spurs and Arsenal. Everton will also hate us to high heaven. If we manage it, I hope we remain humble and grateful, 'cos that'll really rub it in.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Caraghar saying we’ve lost our best players under Rodgers - that’s just not the case is it? Chilwell was arguably, along with Perez our worst starter and Maguire wasn’t ‘amazing’ anyway! The problem may come in regards Tielemans and ndidi. I expect Ndidi to stay but unless Tielemans signs that contract, I’m not sure and he’s basically impossible to replace I’d say.

Youri won't leave yet. he is the epitomy of a Family man and his wife and kids are getting on fantastic in Quorn, I can't see him wanted to uproot them just yet.

8 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Caraghar saying we’ve lost our best players under Rodgers - that’s just not the case is it? Chilwell was arguably, along with Perez our worst starter and Maguire wasn’t ‘amazing’ anyway! The problem may come in regards Tielemans and ndidi. I expect Ndidi to stay but unless Tielemans signs that contract, I’m not sure and he’s basically impossible to replace I’d say.

Carragher is a very simple human. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Man Utd and Liverpool are the biggest clubs in the Country. Nobody needs social media numbers to know that.

I know we all have a laugh at Spurs but they have had 10 consecutive top 6 finishes including runners up twice and third once. They aren't as big as the other 5 clubs but lets not pretend they aren't a top 6 side.

We need to do the same - consistent top 6 finishes to be "accepted" as a top 6 side. Which sounds mad considering we won the bloody league but that was a sort of one off. If we had a couple top 6 finishes on top of that then people may look at us differently.

But Simon Jordan’s point isn’t about that it’s about brand and how recognisable these clubs are and he talks about all 6 rich clubs as if they’re a million miles away in that regard, my point in Spurs are closer to us than they are the biggest in terms of how recognisable they actually are.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Youri won't leave yet. he is the epitomy of a Family man and his wife and kids are getting on fantastic in Quorn, I can't see him wanted to uproot them just yet.

If he has 2 years left and dosent sign a contract, his value drops significantly.... 🤷‍♂️

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Oh my god, I am going to agree with Carra! Well in some of what he is saying. We are a very well run football club with a very good group of players. However, you cannot underestimate Brendan and his role in getting these guys to gel together and perform. With the injuries this season too!

Getting top 4 and the FA Cup will be an amazing season - loving it!

If he gets us top four and wins the FA Cup, with absolutely zero due respect to Celtic and their one team league (sorry not sorry Muz), this will comfortably be his best ever year in management. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

No it’s just another pundit watching 6+ games a season then thinking they know everything about our club

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Bit of a difference from winning 1 league and winning 4 Leagues, 2 FA cup wins and 6 league Cup wins.

We have a long way to go before we get there. 

I think you are also forgetting they won the league x 2, FA Cup x 2 and League Cup x 2 before they had money. 

Also I think I'm right in saying that ManC are joint record holders of the number of 2nd Div/League 1/Championship (2nd Tier) titles with LCFC. 

7 times Champions

Edited by Spudulike
To add linky.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Saying the obvious I guess..... 

I don't think he's wrong, on sporting achievements in recent years, you could make a case to say we are emerging... but we don't attract multi 100 million pound kit deals, we simply aren't there... yet.

There is such a thing of growing too quickly and I really think this is what Manchester City struggle with, despite all their success, they still have to advertise their games and ticket availability in national press. They've grown too big too soon, and they don't have the fanbase to keep up. I've no doubt if they continue with this it won't be a problem.

As for us, as long as we compete in the higher echelons of the league and naturally grow, we will get there. We need global markets to see us, in Britain we are recognised, but it's world media which will excel us to a "Big 6" status (if we even want it). When the Premier League is advertising in Times Square with a Leicester Player, I think you could then make a case to say we must be considered as we are a selling point for the Premier League.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Did he try and make out that Chilwell was our best player last season?

He's also completely forgotten about Shakespeare too.

Let's be honest, no one in the media even to this day has a clue about the club, with the exception of perhaps Gary Lineker and Emile Heskey. But if you ask me, long may it continue! We are doing things our own way and I love it!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

He's absolutely bang on. This is exactly what I've been saying on this forum every time someone here declares us as part of a new Big 6/7/8. We are not there yet. How can we be? We've only finished top 6 twice, ever! One was a freak win 5 years ago and the other was last season. 

As Jordan says, we're a fantastically well ran club, we are incredibly ambitious and our recruitment is smarter than most. But we need to finish top 6 for about 4-6 years in a row before we can make this claim. 

Does nobody remember 1929? lol It feels like just yesterday...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

He's absolutely bang on. This is exactly what I've been saying on this forum every time someone here declares us as part of a new Big 6/7/8. We are not there yet. How can we be? We've only finished top 6 twice, ever! One was a freak win 5 years ago and the other was last season. 

As Jordan says, we're a fantastically well ran club, we are incredibly ambitious and our recruitment is smarter than most. But we need to finish top 6 for about 4-6 years in a row before we can make this claim. 

So only the PL counts? No football existed before that?

60/61 6th

62/63 4th

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If he gets us top four and wins the FA Cup, with absolutely zero due respect to Celtic and their one team league (sorry not sorry Muz), this will comfortably be his best ever year in management. 

Absolutely and I think it propels him to whatever an elite level coach is meant to be. His coaching skills just based on the improvements of players suggests he is already there but public perception is very important.