Jump to content
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Weren't we the club that sent 30 members of staff emails saying we would apply to.join the ESL next year?

 

3 hours ago, davieG said:

Not heard of that, where was it published?

 

3 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Saw it on twitter. Wanted to know if it was true.

 

3 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Couldn't be more gullable.

 

As if an email like that would go out to staff.

It was an April fools.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corky said:

They are overplaying the pull of Tottenham. I don't believe Rodgers is desperate to go there. Chelsea would seriously tempt him but I think the Tottenham thing is built up more by the media.

 

If he does want to go, we'll be well compensated and still an attractive choice for a lot. Another good decision and we should be fine. I don't want him to go, just to be clear, and I don't think he will go but we aren't in a bad place.

All These years...The London Media just go biasily OTT with their  " own teams". Thats Where Sky's Sunday-supplement"   failed for me...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I have no idea what part of Spurs being 600m in debt and the laughing stock of European football over the last week makes people think the manager of a club on the verge of winning major silverware and qualifying for the Champions League would be looking to jump ship for them. 

I think you are being generous.   Isn't their current debt over a billion?? 

 

All that debt and still an empty trophy cabinet!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

I think you are being generous.   Isn't their current debt over a billion?? 

 

All that debt and still an empty trophy cabinet!! 

Its Not empty....There are Piles of dust, because the Cleaning Lady has no Silver to polish..:(

Edited by fuchsntf
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bert said:

“We tried to get forwards when we had the ball but we were a long long way off where we have been. Leicester are a lot better than Southampton and far better than Chelsea – they are as good as the top boys. They are only behind Man City on that performance.”

 

Big Sam lol 👏🏼👍🏻


 

 

"Far better than Chelsea" is a bit of stretch but cheers anyway Sam lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bert said:

“We tried to get forwards when we had the ball but we were a long long way off where we have been. Leicester are a lot better than Southampton and far better than Chelsea – they are as good as the top boys. They are only behind Man City on that performance.”

 

Big Sam lol 👏🏼👍🏻


 

That excuse takes me back to my big weekend nights out  when asked at work the following Monday if I pulled!

"No, all my mates look like male models so I didn't get a look in!"

 

In reality they were a bit better at the game and tried harder, and me being a ginger had me at disadvantage from the off! 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Pique, we are massive!!!!! 

 

 

 

 

Kind words but its a bit rich of him to slate the ESL model when his company revamped the Davis Cup for financial gain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Akso when he says the big club should have more than the little club and more votes. Why? Being a well supported club does not make you better than anyone club. 

 

If you want more money than the not so big clubs then earn it through performance rather than self importance. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-west-brom-big-six-5332235

 

BBC Sport
After booking their place in the FA Cup final on Sunday, Leicester could not have finished the week in better fashion.

They looked eager to get on the front foot from the off - carving West Brom's defence apart with through balls from Youri Tielemans and driving runs from Vardy and Castagne.

Iheanacho and James Maddison both had chances in the opening 10 minutes, before Tielemans eventually played in Castagne and he put it on a plate for Vardy to thump in.

West Brom defender Dara O'Shea's last-ditch tackle on Iheanacho prevented an immediate second for Leicester but the reprieve was short-lived as Evans then nodded to make it 2-0 within three minutes of Vardy's opener.

Striker Vardy turned provider when he skipped past his opponent and teed up Iheanacho for Leicester's third.

That goal came after West Brom's Pereira and Leicester's Castagne had both hit the woodwork, and there could have been another goal for Iheanacho before the break but he lashed it over from six yards out.

The relentlessness of Leicester's attack in the first half did the damage, and they still enjoyed plenty of space in the second half - Iheanacho seeing a shot blocked by O'Shea in the box and a free-kick palmed away by goalkeeper Sam Johnstone, while Vardy's long-range chip sailed wide.

Rodgers was also able to bring off Maddison, Vardy and Wesley Fofana with Monday's game against Crystal Palace in mind.


Sky Sports
Leicester produced a super performance to beat West Brom 3-0 and tighten their grip on third spot in the Premier League.

Goals from Jamie Vardy (23), Jonny Evans (26) and Kelechi Iheanacho (36) in the space of 13 first-half minutes took the game away from West Brom to dent their hopes of an unlikely escape.

The victory takes the FA Cup finalists four points clear of West Ham in fifth, while Sam Allardyce's side stay on 24 points - still nine behind Burnley in 17th.

Man of the Match: Jonny Evans - there was so much attacking flair on show from the Foxes that it seems almost churlish to select a centre-back but Evans' performance was just so easy on the eye. When he was not spraying balls left to Luke Thomas, he was finding Castagne in space on the right.

Defensively, he was assured, putting in one vital tackle inside the penalty box during the first half. Offensively, he popped up in the West Brom area to double Leicester's lead with his head. Against his former club, the 33-year-old Evans produced the complete display.


Telegraph
Leicester City are breaking away from Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool and Arsenal. Two days after insisting the European Super League would cause “irreparable damage” to football, Leicester unleashed another wrecking ball on the “Big Six” with a huge statement of intent.

Brendan Rodgers and his players continue to disturb the private member’s party, and a place in next season’s Champions League remains in their sights after this comfortable victory over West Bromwich Albion.

With Jamie Vardy scoring only his second goal in 20 matches, and James Maddison returning after his Covid breach, Leicester tightened their grip on third place by extending their lead over Chelsea and West Ham to four points. After fears over another late season wobble, this win will also serve as an emphatic response to their Euro sceptics.

While Leicester are refusing to wilt under pressure from the established cartel, West Brom’s hopes of defying their own doubters appear forlorn after a dreadful first-half performance. Albion conceded three goals in 13 minutes to end their recent revival and Sam Allardyce is facing the prospect of a first relegation from this division.


Guardian
With panache and no mercy Leicester hardened their top-four credentials and plunged West Brom deeper into the bottom three. This was a powerful way to discredit suggestions that Brendan Rodgers’ team could fade again as the season reaches its finale. They raced into the lead in the first half thanks to goals by Jamie Vardy, Jonny Evans and Kelechi Iheanacho and never looked like being caught by Sam Allardyce’s side, for whom relegation looms ever larger.

West Brom are nine points below 17th-placed Burnley with six matches remaining and an awful goal difference, which Leicester enjoyed making worse. Rodgers’ team, meanwhile, are four points above fifth place and played here with a heartening mix of insouciance and menace. “They overran us,” admitted Allardyce, who says his side must win at least five of their remaining six matches to survive.

They arrived on the back of two consecutive victories but Rodgers’ side tore into them like a team invigorated by Sunday’s victory against Southampton in the FA Cup semi-final. Leicester were also boosted by the inclusion of James Maddison in the starting lineup for the first time since February and, of course, again deployed a strike partnership that has given them new potency in recent months.

 

Daily Mail
Part of the reason Europe’s top clubs wanted a Super League was to avoid inconvenient surprises like Leicester becoming champions of England. Yet on this evidence, the Foxes will continue to irritate the elite for quite some time.

Five days after reaching the FA Cup Final, Brendan Rodgers’ side moved closer to a place in next season’s Champions League by swatting aside woeful West Brom.

Jamie Vardy broke a goal drought lasting more than two months and further strikes from Jonny Evans and Kelechi Iheanacho sealed victory by half-time.

Despite losing their previous two in the league, Leicester now have a four-point cushion to fifth-placed West Ham, with six games left. Their next two fixtures are at home to Crystal Palace on Monday and at Southampton four days later.


Mirror
Jamie Vardy rediscovered his goal-scoring touch as Leicester destroyed West Brom to set up a mouth-watering finale to a memorable season.

Brendan Rodgers' men returned to action after reaching the FA Cup final by beating Southampton last weekend.

And there was no let up whatsoever as City kept their foot on the accelerator as they storm towards a top four finish too.

Rampant Leicester led 3-0 at the break against 19th-placed West Brom, whose recent revival scarcely seemed believable on this evidence.

 

The Sun
It was at this stage last season when the Foxes bums began to squeak louder than most and their form deserted them.

Rodgers' inexperienced side surrendered 14 points from a possible 21 in their final seven games - plunging from third to fifth to surrender their Champions' League slot.

The bad news for the chasing pack of Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs and Liverpool, is the Foxes look a far more streetwise, resilient bunch this time out.

They slayed Midlands rivals West Brom in a ruthless first half in which they rattled home three goals and West Brom were thankful it wasn't more.

Be smart. Sign up for our free Leicester City newsletter
Do you want all the latest City news, views and transfer talk sent straight to your inbox?

All you have to do is click here
Enter your selection and email address.
That's all it takes, so why are you waiting?

 

Press Association
Jamie Vardy ended his two-month goal drought as Leicester tightened their grip on a Champions League spot by breezing past West Brom.

Striker Vardy, who had not netted in his previous 11 games, kick-started a 3-0 win to help push the Baggies closer to the drop.


In-form Kelechi Iheanacho and Jonny Evans, against his former club, also netted first-half goals to put the Foxes, who remain third in the Premier League, four points clear of fifth-placed West Ham.

Outclassed Albion, nine points from safety, saw their survival hopes suffer a damaging blow and were left to rue Mbaye Diagne’s early mis-kick.

They have just six games to save themselves but look destined to return to the Championship after a first-half rout at the King Power Stadium.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-west-brom-big-six-5332235

 

BBC Sport
After booking their place in the FA Cup final on Sunday, Leicester could not have finished the week in better fashion.

They looked eager to get on the front foot from the off - carving West Brom's defence apart with through balls from Youri Tielemans and driving runs from Vardy and Castagne.

Iheanacho and James Maddison both had chances in the opening 10 minutes, before Tielemans eventually played in Castagne and he put it on a plate for Vardy to thump in.

West Brom defender Dara O'Shea's last-ditch tackle on Iheanacho prevented an immediate second for Leicester but the reprieve was short-lived as Evans then nodded to make it 2-0 within three minutes of Vardy's opener.

Striker Vardy turned provider when he skipped past his opponent and teed up Iheanacho for Leicester's third.

That goal came after West Brom's Pereira and Leicester's Castagne had both hit the woodwork, and there could have been another goal for Iheanacho before the break but he lashed it over from six yards out.

The relentlessness of Leicester's attack in the first half did the damage, and they still enjoyed plenty of space in the second half - Iheanacho seeing a shot blocked by O'Shea in the box and a free-kick palmed away by goalkeeper Sam Johnstone, while Vardy's long-range chip sailed wide.

Rodgers was also able to bring off Maddison, Vardy and Wesley Fofana with Monday's game against Crystal Palace in mind.


Sky Sports
Leicester produced a super performance to beat West Brom 3-0 and tighten their grip on third spot in the Premier League.

Goals from Jamie Vardy (23), Jonny Evans (26) and Kelechi Iheanacho (36) in the space of 13 first-half minutes took the game away from West Brom to dent their hopes of an unlikely escape.

The victory takes the FA Cup finalists four points clear of West Ham in fifth, while Sam Allardyce's side stay on 24 points - still nine behind Burnley in 17th.

Man of the Match: Jonny Evans - there was so much attacking flair on show from the Foxes that it seems almost churlish to select a centre-back but Evans' performance was just so easy on the eye. When he was not spraying balls left to Luke Thomas, he was finding Castagne in space on the right.

Defensively, he was assured, putting in one vital tackle inside the penalty box during the first half. Offensively, he popped up in the West Brom area to double Leicester's lead with his head. Against his former club, the 33-year-old Evans produced the complete display.


Telegraph
Leicester City are breaking away from Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool and Arsenal. Two days after insisting the European Super League would cause “irreparable damage” to football, Leicester unleashed another wrecking ball on the “Big Six” with a huge statement of intent.

Brendan Rodgers and his players continue to disturb the private member’s party, and a place in next season’s Champions League remains in their sights after this comfortable victory over West Bromwich Albion.

With Jamie Vardy scoring only his second goal in 20 matches, and James Maddison returning after his Covid breach, Leicester tightened their grip on third place by extending their lead over Chelsea and West Ham to four points. After fears over another late season wobble, this win will also serve as an emphatic response to their Euro sceptics.

While Leicester are refusing to wilt under pressure from the established cartel, West Brom’s hopes of defying their own doubters appear forlorn after a dreadful first-half performance. Albion conceded three goals in 13 minutes to end their recent revival and Sam Allardyce is facing the prospect of a first relegation from this division.


Guardian
With panache and no mercy Leicester hardened their top-four credentials and plunged West Brom deeper into the bottom three. This was a powerful way to discredit suggestions that Brendan Rodgers’ team could fade again as the season reaches its finale. They raced into the lead in the first half thanks to goals by Jamie Vardy, Jonny Evans and Kelechi Iheanacho and never looked like being caught by Sam Allardyce’s side, for whom relegation looms ever larger.

West Brom are nine points below 17th-placed Burnley with six matches remaining and an awful goal difference, which Leicester enjoyed making worse. Rodgers’ team, meanwhile, are four points above fifth place and played here with a heartening mix of insouciance and menace. “They overran us,” admitted Allardyce, who says his side must win at least five of their remaining six matches to survive.

They arrived on the back of two consecutive victories but Rodgers’ side tore into them like a team invigorated by Sunday’s victory against Southampton in the FA Cup semi-final. Leicester were also boosted by the inclusion of James Maddison in the starting lineup for the first time since February and, of course, again deployed a strike partnership that has given them new potency in recent months.

 

Daily Mail
Part of the reason Europe’s top clubs wanted a Super League was to avoid inconvenient surprises like Leicester becoming champions of England. Yet on this evidence, the Foxes will continue to irritate the elite for quite some time.

Five days after reaching the FA Cup Final, Brendan Rodgers’ side moved closer to a place in next season’s Champions League by swatting aside woeful West Brom.

Jamie Vardy broke a goal drought lasting more than two months and further strikes from Jonny Evans and Kelechi Iheanacho sealed victory by half-time.

Despite losing their previous two in the league, Leicester now have a four-point cushion to fifth-placed West Ham, with six games left. Their next two fixtures are at home to Crystal Palace on Monday and at Southampton four days later.


Mirror
Jamie Vardy rediscovered his goal-scoring touch as Leicester destroyed West Brom to set up a mouth-watering finale to a memorable season.

Brendan Rodgers' men returned to action after reaching the FA Cup final by beating Southampton last weekend.

And there was no let up whatsoever as City kept their foot on the accelerator as they storm towards a top four finish too.

Rampant Leicester led 3-0 at the break against 19th-placed West Brom, whose recent revival scarcely seemed believable on this evidence.

 

The Sun
It was at this stage last season when the Foxes bums began to squeak louder than most and their form deserted them.

Rodgers' inexperienced side surrendered 14 points from a possible 21 in their final seven games - plunging from third to fifth to surrender their Champions' League slot.

The bad news for the chasing pack of Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs and Liverpool, is the Foxes look a far more streetwise, resilient bunch this time out.

They slayed Midlands rivals West Brom in a ruthless first half in which they rattled home three goals and West Brom were thankful it wasn't more.

Be smart. Sign up for our free Leicester City newsletter
Do you want all the latest City news, views and transfer talk sent straight to your inbox?

All you have to do is click here
Enter your selection and email address.
That's all it takes, so why are you waiting?

 

Press Association
Jamie Vardy ended his two-month goal drought as Leicester tightened their grip on a Champions League spot by breezing past West Brom.

Striker Vardy, who had not netted in his previous 11 games, kick-started a 3-0 win to help push the Baggies closer to the drop.


In-form Kelechi Iheanacho and Jonny Evans, against his former club, also netted first-half goals to put the Foxes, who remain third in the Premier League, four points clear of fifth-placed West Ham.

Outclassed Albion, nine points from safety, saw their survival hopes suffer a damaging blow and were left to rue Mbaye Diagne’s early mis-kick.

They have just six games to save themselves but look destined to return to the Championship after a first-half rout at the King Power Stadium.

Love this. Great way to start a Friday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He had the option on Tuesday of making the statement that he wouldn’t be the next Spurs manager ..... it’s not like he’s waiting for a bigger deal here. 
He made the easy comments re how happy he is here etc etc and most notably, he said that as long as he continues to be backed by the board then he’s happy to be here ..... 

he could have closed the door but he didn’t .....

 

They never do tbf.

 

It always looks good on the manager he has suitors from more high profile clubs, no tangible benefits for BR to dismiss it out of hand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Pique, we are massive!!!!! 

 

 

 

 

us being in that names is ridiculous; the idea one of greatest CB on a generation would be talking about us on the same level as teams with that pedigree is so unreal when you think about that stoke game

Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael Brown, ex-Spurs player on the Football Show on Sky at the moment, saying that Brendan Rodgers would be the "perfect fit" at Spurs?

 

That's fine, he probably would.

But my favourite bit was Brown saying that Spurs would be a "quicker project" for Rodgers to take to the top of English football?? Eh?
 

 

 


 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

Michael Brown, ex-Spurs player on the Football Show on Sky at the moment, saying that Brendan Rodgers would be the "perfect fit" at Spurs?

 

That's fine, he probably would.

But my favourite bit was Brown saying that Spurs would be a "quicker project" for Rodgers to take to the top of English football?? Eh?
 

 

 


 

Who was interviewing him? - any journalist or even hack worth his salt shouldve followed up with "with respect mate, in what reality do you have to live in to think Spurs be a quicker project than Leicester?".

 

Spurs only chance of spending big depended on ESL money. Now thats gone they'll have to sell to buy - with Kane likely to kick that off. Spurs are the parochial neverhasbeens

Edited by Sublime_Coatsworth
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Who was interviewing him? - any journalist or even hack worth his salt shouldve followed up with "with respect mate, in what reality do you have to live in to think Spurs be a quicker project than Leicester?".

 

Spurs only chance of spending big depended on ESL money. Now thats gone they'll have to sell to buy - with Kane likely to kick that off. Spurs are the parochial neverhasbeens

Are Spurs the ultimate example of Lipstick on a pig?

 

For clarification - To put "lipstick on a pig" means making superficial or cosmetic changes to a product in a futile effort to disguise its fundamental failings.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bert said:

“We tried to get forwards when we had the ball but we were a long long way off where we have been. Leicester are a lot better than Southampton and far better than Chelsea – they are as good as the top boys. They are only behind Man City on that performance.”

 

Big Sam lol 👏🏼👍🏻


 

 

He didn't sat that, it's a misquote being reported on the Beeb.

 

He's referring to their last two games, and says: "they were better than Southampton and much better than Chelsea"

Edited by Buce
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Who was interviewing him? - any journalist or even hack worth his salt shouldve followed up with "with respect mate, in what reality do you have to live in to think Spurs be a quicker project than Leicester?".

 

Spurs only chance of spending big depended on ESL money. Now thats gone they'll have to sell to buy - with Kane likely to kick that off. Spurs are the parochial neverhasbeens


It was Rob Wotton hosting it. Enough said, I guess. lol

But yes, you're right. I know TalkSport isn't everyone's cup of tea (including mine) but guaranteed someone would've pushed back on Brown's comment had he made it on there.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

West Brom journos/fans are bigging us up a lot saying stuff like we are the best team they've played, bar Man City. Even after being thrashed at home 5-1 by Palace and 5-0 by Leeds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

All These years...The London Media just go biasily OTT with their  " own teams". Thats Where Sky's Sunday-supplement"   failed for me...

 

Sunday Supplement could have been a really great program if only they didn't spend 25 mins discussing Mourinho's latest stupid comment and another 25 min talking about a routine 3-0 win for Man City over Burnley.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...