Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

26 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

He's absolutely bang on. This is exactly what I've been saying on this forum every time someone here declares us as part of a new Big 6/7/8. We are not there yet. How can we be? We've only finished top 6 twice, ever! One was a freak win 5 years ago and the other was last season. 

As Jordan says, we're a fantastically well ran club, we are incredibly ambitious and our recruitment is smarter than most. But we need to finish top 6 for about 4-6 years in a row before we can make this claim. 

Definitely agree with Simon, and what you have been saying. However, maybe we are not looking at this in the best way?

Why don't we look at how we are achieving outside of the rich 6, and within the next group of clubs we are supposed to be in, in financial terms. 

Compare LCFC against Everton, West Ham, Southampton, Newcastle, Villa, Leeds & Wolves, (as I'd suggest they are in the bracket of teams who, feasibly could expect to finish 7th to 14th lets say, and be the ones best placed to break "in on field football terms" the 6 richer clubs).

Metrics I'd suggest would be:

Revenue generated, and how that is broken down.

Worldwide fans (Brand recognition)

Average final league position over the past 5 seasons

European competition representations per season

Club infrastructure, stadium, game day revenue, training facilities.

Recruitment ability over the past 5 seasons.

Something like that. Seems clear (Without doing any of the above calculations) that Leicester are the club who are the biggest threat to the richer 6, and are £ for £ making their investments an on field success against this group of clubs, so much so we are finishing 5th and looking like 3rd this season.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It will take 10 years of us hanging about the top 6 to ever be accepted. 

Depends also if the KP- Brand & Family can push its Promotion through Asia ,and then has you say a Good 10 years of achievement & promotion

Not forgetting...at present COVID is the unknown Value over the Next 2-5 years, and its Lingerung-period of after effects...

I Dont even know, or even understand....

I have always said Let the Big clubs have their Big names, I like the idea of being financially-sound, being a slightly uderdog club, & being a permanent irritant,

That moves between Top 8 and an odd title,with eras in Europe, I dont want it yet to be a must...Thats for the future & other generations...

I Dont see last Year has a loss or failure...

# A Team & squad that was in the middle of rebuilding

#  A remit  to compete und Challenge for Europe...most likely 5-7th

#  We hadnt played a season with that group of higher Quality players...

# We the fans underrated the EOS Run in and opponents competitive Spirit at PL-level, ( Like C.Palace last night)

# Rodgers First season & First crack with a decent Middle-of the-Road club with potential

# hidden & Nursed injury problems with Major BBone players...Even Cover players availability was unreliable...

# because of punching a bit  too early above our weight,  expectations & Frustration went OTT...

# Yes it was chance, But the Allround quality wasnt quite yet there,and dependency on the young incomers...

# The players themselves would of felt, they missed out & would of been down, but that Run-in proved what it takes

to hit then stay & compete within those top2 ,Top4, Top6,Top8  levels....

# We can criticise the usual Top big  1-6 as much as we like....But it does take exceptions Quality & finances, to Stay around

those high PL- level..!!  To compete we also have to Not just respect them but the others in the League...

## its a shame that our Own fans Keep having downerss on it, even OTT & Analyse critic of Rodgers...

In my eye, some in this forum should Stand back just a little, and look at the wider & bigger picture, and Not Chase Shadows

trying to denounce or demean the players or Rodgers credentials....

Nothing wrong in criticising days/period form...knee- jerk moments

But if the Romance and hard experiences & Stories of Vardy,Evans,Justin,Ranieri,Morgan,Schmeichel, & Nacho,+ others

Doesnt Show  one might be just too eager ,early ..not quite in sync with patience & encouragement to claim to understand the Leicester story..!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes, but what's your point?

You listed the ManC honours. I just added to it and also to show that we matched it (which is a stat not often quoted). Both clubs have a history of yo-yo. 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

You listed the ManC honours. I just added to it and also to show that we matched it (which is a stat not often quoted). Both clubs have a history of yo-yo. 

Really......

So we have won the PL/Div 1 once they have won it 6 times? 

4 FA cups to our 0?

6 league cups to our 3? 

So we don't really match up, unless.you forget all that and compare DIV 2 titles?

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Really......

So we have won the PL/Div 1 once they have won it 6 times? 

4 FA cups to our 0?

6 league cups to our 3? 

So we don't really match up, unless.you forget all that and compare DIV 2 titles?

What are you on about? 

I've not said that we match up with the ManC honours list just as a comparison that we hold a joint record of 2nd tier titles which I think is worth mentioning. That's all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Let's be honest, no one in the media even to this day has a clue about the club, with the exception of perhaps Gary Lineker and Emile Heskey. But if you ask me, long may it continue! We are doing things our own way and I love it!

Geoff’s hurting ! 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

What are you on about? 

I've not said that we match up with the ManC honours list just as a comparison that we hold a joint record of 2nd tier titles which I think is worth mentioning. That's all. 

Sorry misinterpreted your post!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Koke said:

Good analysis of City. Lots of numbers and stats. Well informed.  Starts at 1:17

Wow. 

I used to work with James about 8 years ago. I knew he had aspirations to try and crack YouTube and left the TV business as a result. 

Small world, man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

To be fair Chelsea we're quite impressive in beating a very good Man City side, we were quite poor in beating a very poor Southampton side.

It doesn't matter how well you play, their fans just vote their players in. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Koke said:

Good analysis of City. Lots of numbers and stats. Well informed.  Starts at 1:17

That is a TOP quality video, way better than anything you'll find on Sky / BT. Well worth watching because it explains a lot of why we've been so good this season. Subtle changes to the way certain key players play has rescued our season from disaster to possible glory!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Koke said:

this is actually really good, the stuff on how poor amartey was against liverpool is way better punditry than sky have done on us all year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

To be fair Chelsea we're quite impressive in beating a very good Man City side, we were quite poor in beating a very poor Southampton side.

I dont see how anyone could disagree. We were dog muck by our standards and were lucky to be playing a team with no confidence.

It'll take a hell of a performance from us and a Chelsea off day for us to have a chance against them on final day.

Every time I watch us on stream I go to an amalgamation of pirate sites, to which you can put likes according to whether or not there is actually a stream, it doesn't buffer too much and it's not showing Canadian ice hockey.

For the FA Cup semi-final against Southampton we had less than 20 likes three minutes before kick-off. If we play a member of the Big Six in a normal league game the numbers go off the chart - a minimum of 150 likes, even more if we're playing Man Utd or Liverpool.

This shows either one thing or another. It's possible that both Leicester and Southampton fans have risen way above liking anything on the internet. I wish that this was true, but it's not tremendously likely. Alternatively the Big Six have got many many more fans than we have - like, as in, many more fans. It's going to take a generation of kids who despise their parents so much that they support Leicester City rather than Arsenal or Man Utd. Seems reasonable to me, but it's going to take a long time and require a lot of Top 4 finishes. Come back to me in five years, when we have twice won the league again, won the Champions League and were narrowly beaten by Al-Ahly in the World Club Final. We might gain over 50 likes, even if  we are playing Burnley. Hooray!! 

Edited by thursday_next
grammar

6 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I don't think we need to worry about how well Chelsea play on the day, because if we're at our best, we beat them no matter how well they play. I think Leicester at our best, are better than Chelsea at their best.

I'll agree to disagree mate. I hate the way they play, but they're phenomenal and I can only assume you haven't watched much of them under Tuchel.

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Wow. 

I used to work with James about 8 years ago. I knew he had aspirations to try and crack YouTube and left the TV business as a result. 

Small world, man.

did he wear his nan's glasses then too?

just kiiidddiinnnggg

re simon jordan i completely agree with him and people understand that our city is a large part of it. When you think of those clubs you think of cities with a history that has had a massive affect on global culture for almost a hundred years. Leicester doesn't have that. 

Edited by Out Foxed

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'll agree to disagree mate. I hate the way they play, but they're phenomenal and I can only assume you haven't watched much of them under Tuchel.

They didn't look very phenomenal when West Brom were putting 5 past them 😆

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

They didn't look very phenomenal when West Brom were putting 5 past them 😆

Aye, they folded like a cheap pack of cards when Silva went off, weird game. Was nice of the baggies to dick them and then return to their normal form against us haha.

21 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Did he try and make out that Chilwell was our best player last season?

He's also completely forgotten about Shakespeare too.

image.thumb.png.cc589e5c87e5dee170f625d9b2465283.png

lol Literally only Ryan Bennett performed worse than him last year. 

Fair play to the guy, he's starting CL semi finals for Chelsea but what a deal we got for him. 

12 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

To be fair, we had a lot on here who marked Chilwell down every game and couldn’t wait to slag him off. Some brilliant games from him would see average scores below 7. I could never work out the hate, but the most unwarranted crap since Richie Wellens.

I understand the comment re unwarranted crap for wellens and it became a parody still going strong today....

But for me, chilwell was not in the same bracket.

The only single full game I saw him worth anywhere near what we got for him was the southampton 9-0 (hope I've got that right.)

And the proof was in our recruitment after where we literally now have 2 better in justin and castagne (dipping off on the left admittedly but certainly early form, and his more recent is no worse than chilwells average performances.)

And luke thomas.early form was also better than chilwells and despite his not so good showing against palace he still appears to have far more potential.

For me, chilwell was a worthy scapegoat in the form of matt oakley, who also boiled my piss but even he had his 5 minutes when my mate told me we hadn't seen the best of him, then he fired off a rocket of a goal.

I feel lost without a scapegoat atm I must admit.

Edited by gw_leics772