Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

Came across this and I wasn't sure where to put it.  It's called Leicester's Heroes.  I can spot Big Wes, Kante, Ulloa and Ranieri.  Not sure about some of the others though.

Too big to post so here's the link:

https://medium.muz.li/funniest-animated-gifs-of-the-week-9-caa81972791

Vardy and Albrighton I reckon. Huth as an angel... 🥸

18 minutes ago, murphy said:

Came across this and I wasn't sure where to put it.  It's called Leicester's Heroes.  I can spot Big Wes, Kante, Ulloa and Ranieri.  Not sure about some of the others though.

Too big to post so here's the link:

https://medium.muz.li/funniest-animated-gifs-of-the-week-9-caa81972791

Huth, Simpson and King are there too - numbers are on their shorts

Maguire was good for us but when you pay £80m for a defender you expect VVD type of effect. Maguire has had some shockers since he went to United. He's still a good player but not a world class player and, rightly or wrongly, for that sort of fee people expect world class performances.

13 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We're getting bespoke animations now. We're massive.

These were done after the title win. I temember seeing the article explaining each player's role.

Here's the complete list of them: https://www.behance.net/gallery/36898989/ESPN-Leicesters-Heroes

Here's the description for each one: https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/15386257/the-leicester-city-heroes-won-premier-league

I'll admit I haven't seen the Dyer one before.

Edited by Skulking Around

32 minutes ago, Skulking Around said:

These were done after the title win. I temember seeing the article explaining each player's role.

Here's the complete list of them: https://www.behance.net/gallery/36898989/ESPN-Leicesters-Heroes

Here's the description for each one: https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/15386257/the-leicester-city-heroes-won-premier-league

Cool. I definitely remember the Kante one...

4 hours ago, Skulking Around said:

Thanks for that. It’s a shame they didn’t do one for Wasilewski-it would have been a beautiful thing...

Merc

David Moyes outlines the Leicester City ‘model’ for other teams to follow

The West Ham boss has praised the work of the club and Brendan Rodgers ahead of the meeting at the London Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

COMMENTS

By

Amie Wilson

18:20, 9 APR 2021

West Ham United manager David Moyes has praised the way Leicester City have built on the title success of 2016 ahead of the meeting between the two sides at the London Stadium. 

City travel to London for the Premier League clash on Sunday afternoon as they look to bounce back from a 2-0 defeat against league leaders Manchester City in their last outing.

That result, coupled with the Hammers’ 3-2 win over Wolves two days later means that City go into the game with a four-point buffer over their opponents in the race for Champions League football.

Talking in his pre-match press conference, Moyes was asked about the threats that Leicester would pose to his team.

“Have we got enough time to talk about Leicester's main threats?” He said, as reported by football.london . “They are an incredibly good side, they are doing really well this season and have done for a while now. They are in the semi-final of the FA Cup, so we are up against a top team and a team who have been competing towards the top end of the league for quite a few seasons now. 

“I think the way they have gone about their business and worked has been very good,” he added.

“Brendan has done a great job, they are competitive, they challenge the top teams at the moment, and have certainly broken into the top six and that is a difficult thing to do.

RELATED ARTICLES

Brendan Rodgers gives verdict on Leicester City future as he responds to England job suggestion

David Moyes confirms key West Ham man out of Leicester City clash

“They won the Premier League not long ago so they deserve to be in amongst that group but what they have done is shown it was not a one-off, they have built on it and they continue to build on it. They are having a very good season this year, so it is a tough game but we went there and beat them so let's see if we can do that again”

Wealth EditorAfter Céline Dion's Major Weight Loss, She Confirms What We Suspected All Along

TrendscatchersThe Truth Is Finally Out About The William And Kate Affair Rumours.

by Taboola

Sponsored Links

And the West Ham boss has said that a lot of clubs could learn a lesson from the way City have gone about their business in attempting to break into the established Premier League ‘big six’.

“I do think Leicester are a model for a lot of clubs,” he said. “Their recruitment has been really good, there is a stability at the club, we hear quite often about overseas owners going in but I have to say their owners have been a great credit to the way they have gone about their work at the club.

“I don't know the club that well and I can only see it from a distance but they won the league a few years ago they are continuing to compete, they are looking to bring in young players for the future, which obviously compliments the very experienced players they have got at the club already. But where their time comes to move on I think they are building already another team underneath that as well.

“They have done great Leicester and I think Brendan has done very well the two or three years he has been at Leicester.”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Lingard & Kane I don’t think would’ve kicked on with us had we signed them permanently. At the time they benefited from playing with better sides where they were catered for and that helped their growth. Just wasn’t meant to be with us. 

Maguire hasn’t really improved that much has he? And we’ve arguably got just as strong if not a stronger back line now when fully fit. As discussed he’s a good player but not like he’s been badly missed. 

Mahrez would have improved the team no doubt. Shame he seems a bit sour with the club because if he was ever to want to get more game time I’d bite your hand off for a return. Won’t happen though.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Lingard & Kane I don’t think would’ve kicked on with us had we signed them permanently. At the time they benefited from playing with better sides where they were catered for and that helped their growth. Just wasn’t meant to be with us. 

Maguire hasn’t really improved that much has he? And we’ve arguably got just as strong if not a stronger back line now when fully fit. As discussed he’s a good player but not like he’s been badly missed. 

Mahrez would have improved the team no doubt. Shame he seems a bit sour with the club because if he was ever to want to get more game time I’d bite your hand off for a return. Won’t happen though.  

Lingard was just too lightweight when he came to us, was too early for him. He's also been a bit shit until going to West Ham. His performances of the last few months have been very impressive, but it doesn't negate the years of being bang average at United.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Lingard was just too lightweight when he came to us, was too early for him. He's also been a bit shit until going to West Ham. His performances of the last few months have been very impressive, but it doesn't negate the years of being bang average at United.

Exactly. He would have gone the way of Liam Moore and Richie De Laet if he even made it to the Prem with us; sold off to a Championship team to make his way. Would have had nowhere near the luxury of his Man U performances.

35 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Like the similar comments made about Southampton/Atletico over the years, it ignores the fact that we wouldnt have bought some of the players we have if we didnt have the money from the Mahrez and Maguire sales.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I actually don't think we would be as good as we are now had we held onto some of the players we moved on. 

We probably wouldn't have signed Ndidi if Kante stayed and we likely wouldn't have signed Kante if Cambiasso signed on another year.

We've not only improved in these specific areas but we've also been able to improve the squad as a whole with the cash generated from these sales. 

• Like 1