Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Slavia Prague (2nd Leg) - Match Thread - 25/02/2021

1 minute ago, sdb said:

This is absolutely true. But why not bust a gut to get someone in during Jan? Surely we saw it coming, especially after last season.

I'm not sure who was really available in January. A lot of sides didn't really do much business. Really it is about character now. We need a result on Saturday after this showing. Will we get it? I'm not confident. When it comes to pressure games we don't always seem to show up. Tonight and against Villa in the semi final last season are two examples. I think we lack leaders on the pitch to be honest. We can lay some blame with Rogers but the players need to do better than tonight.

I have little doubt that as soon as most of us saw this line-up, we were baffled, but trusted Rodgers. 

We offered no real attacking threat on the left with Albrighton and Choudhury and Thomas. On the right, we had Amartey at RB, he wasn't going to do anything but defend. I just do not understand where Rodgers believed we would get goals from. To have both Castagne and Ricardo and Barnes on the bench to start the game -- I am sure he had a plan, and I would like to hear it explained, because we could not have been easier to defend. 

We played a B-side with an imbalanced attack, they simply had to not let Vardy get behind them and then not let Tielemans get comfortable on the ball, and we were absolutely screwed. So disappointing to lose while seemingly not fielding our most competitive complement of available players. I suppose we got what we deserved. 

This is going to completely suck the air out of the squad, and the blame is 100% at Rodgers' feet.

Edited by vanity
  • Thanks 1

Guest bss9401

Need fans there. If nothing else to get on their backs with all of the backwards and sidewards passing. 

And to cheer them on, of course :ph34r:

Embarrassing. This is a damaging defeat and will show on the weekend against the arses who will also beat us. WTF has Brendan and the coaching staff done?? Some tough tough questioning I expect of the media of Rogers and his backroom. This was terrible no sugar coating this.  :mad:

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

Look it’s annoying but this season is ridiculous because of zero fans , injuries and a ridiculous schedule. The guys aren’t machines let’s keep it cool 

Yes. This. Choose the Europa League and forget the rest. Or forget the Europa League. Just hope we now make a major effort every league game and the FA Cup.

Very impressive with Slavia. Not overly expensive or exciting but it'll be a good side that knocks them out the competition. That being said, we never laid a glove on them so perhaps they'd be a different side when chasing a game.

We had to score first in the tie and didn't, it was all over from then on.