Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Slavia Prague (2nd Leg) - Match Thread - 25/02/2021

3 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

If this game has one positive from it hopefully it’ll hit home with some fans that our squad isn’t even half as good as people think it is.

From a first XI perspective we’re probably the 3rd best in England. Our options from the bench (and therefore those that start in games like tonight) are championship standard. 

To be fair amartey, Thomas, under are barely in our second choice XI

Just now, Paddy. said:

I'm sure I'll get a hammering for this, and trust me, I'm gutted we're limping out of Europe when I've barely seen us play in Europe in my lifetime, but I think going out of the competition and not having these Thursday game could be a blessing in disguise.

Depends on the confidence factor. This could go the other way.

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Slavia love a dive... to be fair I've love to see them shithouse it against Man Utd or Spurs with a dodgy penalty.

If they draw spurs or united or even Rangers they will get destroyed. They are such a bad side but were better than us. We were an embarrassment 

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

There's some proper, proper, PROPER garbage posts in here. Some of you are acting like we've just gone back down to League One.

Go for a walk or something.

I left for a walk the moment their second went in. Absolutely disgusting showing. This has got **** all to do with League One it's where we are now. Most of us can handle losing, but this performance in a knock out game you've fought a full season to even get into, is an absolute disgrace. We've surrendered it, rested our better players and underestimated them and all for what? A lunchtime kick off that we could drop points in anyway? Shameful.

• Like 1

Absolute garbage, haven't looked interested over the 2 legs, barely created anything over the 2 games. We really do just throw in the towel when it really counts.

We haven't given this competition the respect it deserves, not taken it seriously. A game in which we can't really afford to concede, we start fringe players and give academy players their substitute debuts, absolute joke, what's the point in qualifying for this thing if we can't be arsed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jamfox said:

Say what you want about the team that started , but i'm not sure we have got better since the subs came on.  its been woeful , we have got what we deserved over two legs 

Problem is though we bought our attacking players on when they were sat back.would of been a different game if we started with them. 

Just now, Paddy. said:

I'm sure I'll get a hammering for this, and trust me, I'm gutted we're limping out of Europe when I've barely seen us play in Europe in my lifetime, but I think going out of the competition and not having these Thursday game could be a blessing in disguise.

Nah mate

You’re in football to challenge for trophies

This is an excuse, we’ve been absolute dog shit 

• Like 3

Disappointing I know, but the game plan seemed to be hold them for 65 - 70 minutes and then try and score the winner late on with impact subs - namely Barnes. A dangerous game to play against a team committed to defending and catching you on the break, hence the boring stalemate until they scored. I for one am quite relieved we can now focus on the bigger prize of qualifying for the Champion's League and having a real go at the FA Cup. Our squad is simply not deep enough to fight on 3 fronts and unless you win it, the Europa League isn't worth the effort. To progress as a club we need to qualify for the Champion's League. Let's hope this miserable defeat turns out to be the making of our season. 

Just now, Paddy. said:

It’ll help out prem season no doubt but that starting team have showed us a terrible performance. Everyone of them