Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Slavia Prague Post match - 2-0

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

You can’t blame us for being negative, we’ve just lost to easily toe worst team left in this competition, without much of a fight... it’s the equivalent to being knocked out of the FA cup by Newport. 

Bollox mate. Sorry. Would you rather struggle in EL or be in the top 4. I'm not saying I'm not disappointed but you have to take it in perspective. It wasn't a good performance without doubt but hey-ho... We have other targets to focus on. On balance we should have won as we're far the better team but tonight, we just weren't. Does it really matter in the greater scheme of things? No.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Twitcher said:

Got exactly what we deserved.

I may have mentioned this before but incase anyone missed it; PLAY YOUR STRONGEST 11!!

No I tell you what, don't. Let's play a weakened team in the cup against Man. U. as well, so we can concentrate on the league and getting into Europe, where we can.........play a weakened 11.

What's the end game; shouldn't it be cups?

Madness.

Money.

Reality check. 

We seriously lack depth in attacking players.

We must sign a striker, attacking midfielder and right winger in the summer

Rodgers got both games tactically wrong and the players are equally responsible for such awful performances.

Top 4 and FA Cup to go and hopefully important lessons learned tonight, in terms of tactics, team selection, squad depth and performance/energy 

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Because they're not good enough to help the club achieve what I hope we achieve. They're substandard players who arent good enough to play the way our first team plays. We look completely disjointed when we have to play them

Fair enough if thats your view - for me they're decent enough squad players. W ewould have been fine with them in the starting 11 if the average performance was 7/10+

Just now, hebangsthedrums said:

Who can't play football to a good enough standard? Vardy was one of the worst players tonight, yet he's one of the best players in our history..

Albrighton, Hamza, Amartey.

Vardy is on his way out as well.

Ndidi, Soy, Evans did as youd expect from them

Thomas looked a bit lost with Albrighton infront of him. Thought he perked up when Harvey came on

Tielemans out of position was another player absolutely wasted, but that's the gaffers fault.

And Under got involved a lot but didnt really do anything of note.

It wasnt hard to work out that the starting XI would struggle against a cohesive unit that is used to winning

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

You must be surprised we were that bad though? Going out I can handle, it's Europe. But to play like that. I'm sorry I know I'm going on I'm just seriously gutted 

I hoped for better, expected? Not sure, just feel like we are running out of gas, and this a huge worry for the top 4 race.

• Like 1

Well done to Slavia, they wanted it more and showed up.

Poor team selection, the players peformances were ranging from mediocre to abysmal. Embarassing to see us losing 0-2 at home with this lot after all that silly banter but we fully deserved it... Czech mate indeed

On the upside, it will allow us to focus on the top 4 and a Champions League place, there’s also the FA cup. Let’s hope we won’t **** that up!

• Like 1

Expecting to win. All the pundits expecting us to win. There was only one way this was going to go.

Slavia were more than the sum of their parts. It helped that we couldn't string a few passes together and made a lot of errors, but Slavia just harried us, shut us down and deserved to win.

Really disappointed with Hamza. Given a chance to try to make a mark. Sitting in that no. 8 role, he needed to try to string the midfield together. He can’t just tackle and otherwise only look to pass backwards. Whenever a ball gets passed to him, he never tried to look forward first and then decide. He runs towards the ball, looked back only at Kasper and there was only ever one thing in his mind, ie. to pass to another teammate at the back. He will never get past the level he is at now if he doesn’t change. Need to care to win and not just to do a job.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think if you take into account the relative quality of the squad, that is (by a margin) the worst defeat in the club's history.

Absolutely no excuse to lose to this team over two legs let alone to do so without creating a single chance.

Inexcusable and I think Brendan should apologise because he's royally ****ed that up.

No where near as bad as Bournemouth last season.

It was pretty clear that this cup wasn’t a priority, Rodgers set the team up to nick a goal and cruise. Its failed as well as turned up a horrific performance. 

He has to get top 4 now to justify this, as fans we want the team to try and win every game, every competition regardless of club priority. 

The only way he can justify not trying hard enough to win the most realistic European competition we can is delivering Champions League when the fans are back next season. 

14 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

We never looked like scoring.

I mean, how could we? On form, our best two goal-scorers right now are Maddison and Barnes. One was injured, the other on the bench. Our best attacking RB and LB are Castagne and Ricardo. Again, started on the bench. We fielded an incredibly defensive side. In all seriousness, we would have been better off playing a low block and counter-attacking. We simply cannot play a possession-oriented style with the players we started today.

It was such a bizarre line-up considering the situation, this is a team you field if you are 4-0, 5-0 up on aggregate. I hope we get a serious explanation from Rodgers, as this is a massive blow to the confidence of the squad, and it will have an impact on our recruiting as well, especially if we do not make it to CL. This is hardly the sort of match you watch and think "hmm, let me go join Leicester, they are a side that can compete with the best clubs in the world." 

A fuching embarrassment, obviously, to be held scoreless over two legs by such an ordinary side. BUt when you do not field an attacking team, that is what you get. 

In all seriousness, the only possible thing Rodgers could have been thinking fielding this side is "let's win 1-0." There was very little chance of us scoring more than one goal. Not that we managed that.

Edited by vanity
  • Like 1

Guest bss9401

How did Rodgers not get how massive this was for Prague? The prospect of beating a top 4 PL :ph34r: team. We could have carved them up with a bit of urgency.

They really aren't very good but simply realised that we weren't up for it and did a job on us. Yes there were shocking individual performances but this one's on Rodgers for me.

At least it will put other clubs off Ndidi and Soyuncu for a bit lol.