Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Slavia Prague Post match - 2-0

I think that if we look at this rationally it exposes our lack of quality squad depth. Admittedly this has been exacerbated by injuries. 

Amartey isn't a right back for a top six club, but without all the injuries I doubt he'd ever be playing there. 

Hamza I'm afraid is not good quite good enough at anything. He won't make a top class CDM, B2B Midfielder or creator. 

I can't see Under ever being the answer and Albrighton is reliable, but has never had that star quality to dig us out of tough games. 

I'm not blaming any of these players for tonight. Even our better players were poor. I just think that the more quality you have you can always rely on someone raising their game when you need it. We've relied on Vardy for too long and without Maddison and Barnes it was totally predictable that their replacements would fail to step up. 

1 minute ago, ParkerPen said:

how often have you seen a side (in general not Leicester) set up too negatively at the start of a game and be completely unable to change the tempo and style of play when necessary. I'm a rogers fan but this is on him more than the players. He'll learn...

I thought we started well truth be told. Prague came into after 20 minutes or so

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

I think the hope is that you wouldn't need them at all. 

Frankly, we should have squad players enough to beat these.

But you should start your best side, try and get the job done, then rest your players. We had a mish mash of players out there that  ended up with none of them being able to perform.

• Like 2

Just now, Kingleicester said:

There a decent side in there horrendous league, tonight we could of made saffron athletic look decent, they had the spirit we shit it!!!

Just because they're in a poor league, doesn't mean they're a poor side.

• Like 2

People are saying legs etc, Under, Thomas, Hamza, Albrighton, Amartey were fresh, all were doggo, barely performed.

This wasn't legs, this was poor tactics and poor endeavour.

The first attack by Under showed real lack of decision making, from there the whole team were just making poor passes and choices.  Ultimately BR picks the team and tactics,.if he picked the strongest team things may or may not be different.

Overall the performance was embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Again, mirror image of the Villa semi.

”Don’t worry about it, our quality will shine through in the second leg”.

Tired legs, daft tactics, a lack of quality up front and a lack of resolve in big games cost us then and it’s cost us now.

Exactly. Some on here think it’s the fault of Ünder. Idiots. 

Just now, filbertway said:

Albrighton, Hamza, Amartey.

Vardy is on his way out as well.

Ndidi, Soy, Evans did as youd expect from them

Thomas looked a bit lost with Albrighton infront of him. Thought he perked up when Harvey came on

Tielemans out of position was another player absolutely wasted, but that's the gaffers fault.

And Under got involved a lot but didnt really do anything of note.

It wasnt hard to work out that the starting XI would struggle against a cohesive unit that is used to winning

But they can all play better than that - my point is the players are good enough, they were just shite tonight. Only one for me who doesnt seem up to it for me is Under - just doesnt really do anything beyond one cute assist 

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Pathetic all round. 

Why not start Barnes!?

And if Barnes had blown out his ACL like JJ did (keeping in mind that he's been overused as much as JJ this season) we'd be howling bout why Brendan played him.  

Squad depth - mainly the injuries and Nacho's stupid yellow in the first leg - caught up with them.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

Tonight proves why we need to invest well in the summer. Under, Albrighton, Amartey, Choudhury not up to standard. Add Pérez, Mandy and Iheanacho to that list too. I feel sorry for the likes of Youri, Wilf etc who play week in week out because the back ups can’t be trusted to come in and do a job.

Hamza kicked up a fuss about game time; gets given the chance in a big European game; is anonymous. 

Sick to death of fringe players bottling it. This isn’t on Rodgers, this is on the players - we had more than enough out there to progress. 

Look I'm not picking on you individually but we all need to take a step back and be realistic. The depth of the squad is decent when everyone is fit but when it isn't we don't have the required quality. But we're not Man City either. We can't go and spend 40-50 million on a player for them to basically sit on the bench.

As to bottling it, it isn't just the fringe players responsible for tonight's performance. There were senior experienced players out there who didn't perform either.

To me there's something missing collectively when we play these big games. We need to learn how to win and that probably only comes after you keep losing.

• Like 1

Really hard to take this. As abject a performance I have seen in sometime. Threadbare squad is fraying at the edges, BR clearly tried to manage and balance the demands of this situation and the gamble didn’t pay off. I do hope he properly reflects and notes that he cannot play a starting 11 including Amartey, Choudhary and Albrighton. All hard working and honest players but not good enough. As a Leicester fan gloom can set in quickly, i hope we can shake this off and get back to winning ways against Arsenal.

Edited by Philkeavo

Absolutely abysmal tonight, my opinion Hamza shouldn’t have started don’t need 2 DMs, also Thomas needs to find a voice, it’s clear he is not vocal enough, we have been done on the overload against Villa and again tonight on his side, also turning his back on the shot for the second was poor, he’s young and will hopefully improve on this for the future

I love this club more than anything. 3 (still alive) generations of my family do too. We’ve seen absolute shit before and we’ll see it again but that has to go down as one of the biggest disappointments I’ve ever seen from us. I am Wycombe levels of depressed. Please don’t **** the rest of the season up lads the footballs the only thing keeping me going during this **** pandemic.

• Like 4