Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Slavia Prague Post match - 2-0

Fair play to Slavia, they totally deserved it. I haven't seen a team defend that well over two games in a long time.

As for Leicester I usually try to see the positives but I'm struggling today. Abysmal to a man. The only person who comes out with any credit is Johnny Evans but that's only because he did nothing wrong it was hardly a great performance by him. Soyuncu, Vardy, Schmeichel were particularly bad for me. I will say I did at least like Soyuncu and Barnes showed some fight while the rest of them looked like they couldn't care less. 

Good to see Tavares get his chance as well. I feel sorry for him it was in that game.

Bad day at the office and very frustrating. 

Let's nail top 4, get into a European competition people actually care about and let's all go and get pissed up at some nice countries by which time hopefully we have our freedom back.

This has just been a shit run in a shit competition at a shit time.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, samlcfc1 said:

Not scoring in over 180 mins is criminal 

This is a point people are missing, it’s not about tonight.

We had 2 opportunities to put away demonstrably inferior opposition and, much as with the league cup semi last year, we farted around in the first leg and left ourselves open to a sucker punch in the second.

Played nine games since 24th January and it showed. Can't keep pulling rabbits out of the hat  Disappointing but  a game like this was always on the horizon. Worst thing is that there is no rest  or Maddison before the Arsenal game.

Crap, absolutely crap.

Over both legs we were awful. Fair play to Slavia despite how dirty they were in the 1st leg they deserved it over both legs.

Too sloppy, too cautious and a return of the tippy tappy shite from last season and on the odd chance we did get forward it was over hit, it’s no surprise we never landed a punch throughout the two legs.

We’ve played fantastically all season but I can’t believe how badly we played in these two games.

We’ve been fighting on 3 fronts, balancing it all very well, it was always like atleast 2 of them would come to an end at some point, but given how disappointing we’ve been in these 2 legs is quite hard to swallow. 

Just don’t let this be an excuse and hangover to derail the season. Use it to create more hunger to achieve and push on. 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Nah they deserve credit because they have taken advantage of our performance. Let's not pretend they've outclassed us, we have been completely shambolic. I'm not a PL fanboy, I acknowledge there are leagues out there that have respectable and competitive sides and I wasn't convinced we'd walk this tie. But to play like that at home in a knock out leg? Nah, can't handle it.

That’s fair, we were pish, really pish. Not surprised just disappointed.

This is a real love story in the midst of heartbreak, a little bit like any good novel on Auschwitz. Sidnei Tavares has come on tonight and we are now all hopelessly besotted. Love really does prevail, even in the horrors of European war.

Slavia Prague are an absolute pig of a twam, ain't having them one bit. We however are an absolute disgrace there tonight. Rodgers has tried to be cute by throwing on aaah kid to try and hide this bad news sandwich and whilst this will be a pivotal moment in Sidnei Tavares Leicester career and we'll likely still win the Prem and the FA Cup, its a pathetic night's work from the big wigs at this club.

#ST50

I think if you take into account the relative quality of the squad, that is (by a margin) the worst defeat in the club's history.

Absolutely no excuse to lose to this team over two legs let alone to do so without creating a single chance.

Inexcusable and I think Brendan should apologise because he's royally ****ed that up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is it only fashionable to say we were shit then? And totally disrespect our opponents? We were cack  but they were good.

They were very tidy, but more importantly to a man they played like they were possessed. Whatever the gap in raw ability, it would have to be a lot larger to make up for the massive gap in application and desire.

Big ****ers as well. 

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Really deserved to lose that. Absolute shite. Why bring your better players on in the second half, what’s the point of doing that, you’re not resting them, in fact you’re making it harder for them. Overly cautious, too defensive, albrighton on the left was just daft. Goalie was far too slow moving the ball and just held the game up for any sort of counter attack. Classic case of winning the game before the kick off.

I think the hope is that you wouldn't need them at all. 

Frankly, we should have squad players enough to beat these.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

We didnt, let's be honest. Such a weird thing to think, especially from someone who seems to know a bit about the game.

We had a lot of players out there that are either bang out of form, or who cant play football to a good enough standard 

We looked toothless as youd expect from such a team and you're always susceptible to conceding against a team that pushes men forwards and counters well 

Who can't play football to a good enough standard? Vardy was one of the worst players tonight, yet he's one of the best players in our history..

Was rooting for Cags to knock him out, not like we were winning the game from that point anyway.

must say I’m devastated to be out, sure we might have a better time in the league but how often are you in with a decent chance of winning a European competition. 

• Like 1

What's the point in football. Spend all year trying to qualify for Europe  then play a side like that. We think we are better than we are. No wonder our best players **** off at the first opportunity. Embarrassing tonight. 

The result is also a shocker for confidence. Let's hope the wheels don't come off like last season.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

When we’re bad we are absolutely awful.

This is the truth of it right here. And when we are we don't seem to know what to do. When we're good we're very good but tonight was the polar opposite.

I'm afraid I still question the character of this team when it comes to the big games. Villa in the semi final last season and then tonight feel very similar. There's something missing. I don't know what it is but sometimes you have to learn how to win when it really counts.

Just now, hebangsthedrums said:

why do you hope that? Were they any worse than anyone else? For me Vardy was dire, but i hope he plays for us again..

Because they're not good enough to help the club achieve what I hope we achieve. They're substandard players who arent good enough to play the way our first team plays. We look completely disjointed when we have to play them

• Like 1