Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Slavia Prague Post match - 2-0

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

None of us will give a shit if we go on to get top 4.

Yeah I can't defend the performance, but if we are fresher for the Fa cup and remaining league games, that's a bonus, I thought we would win tonight and get knocked out in the QFs, we've saved ourselves 4 games from that, we need to see a reaction Sunday to justify tonight tho, or questions will start to be posed.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is it only fashionable to say we were shit then? And totally disrespect our opponents? We were cack  but they were good.

Nah they deserve credit because they have taken advantage of our performance. Let's not pretend they've outclassed us, we have been completely shambolic. I'm not a PL fanboy, I acknowledge there are leagues out there that have respectable and competitive sides and I wasn't convinced we'd walk this tie. But to play like that at home in a knock out leg? Nah, can't handle it.

1 minute ago, reginald said:

Dont post too often but are we really bothered?  It would be nice to win the Europa league but with the added games that comes with it just to be in the Champions League (unless Im wrong to think winning it gets us in), would it have been worth it?  

It was not a good performance at all tonight, passes werent getting to the man and we should have gone at them from the start as the pressed us at the start of the second half, which I thought they would do as they did that in the first leg.  I would rather concentrate on getting 4th place at least, but as  professionals they still should have done better, granted.

This is bull crap!!! 

• Thanks 1

Tonight proves why we need to invest well in the summer. Under, Albrighton, Amartey, Choudhury not up to standard. Add Pérez, Mandy and Iheanacho to that list too. I feel sorry for the likes of Youri, Wilf etc who play week in week out because the back ups can’t be trusted to come in and do a job.

Hamza kicked up a fuss about game time; gets given the chance in a big European game; is anonymous. 

Sick to death of fringe players bottling it. This isn’t on Rodgers, this is on the players - we had more than enough out there to progress. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

We had enough quality on the pitch to beat them from the off. Let's be honest.

We however were shit tonight and didn't look much better when the subs came on. 

Some massive massive over reactions on the match thread. It isn't that bad ffs. Give your heads a wobble. 

We didnt, let's be honest. Such a weird thing to think, especially from someone who seems to know a bit about the game.

We had a lot of players out there that are either bang out of form, or who cant play football to a good enough standard 

We looked toothless as youd expect from such a team and you're always susceptible to conceding against a team that pushes men forwards and counters well 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

To lose to these over 2 legs is very poor. First time Rodgers has let us down this season.

Considering we're decimated by injuries I'm looking at the positive that we can now name a full strength for every remaining game. Amartey and Hamza have hopefully played their last game for the club

Onwards and upwards.

We need about 5 players in the summer and to ship out some of the dross that's holding us back.

why do you hope that? Were they any worse than anyone else? For me Vardy was dire, but i hope he plays for us again..

Been a long time since I was proper disappointed with the team. What a horrible feeling. European football do not come around often, so that makes it even more disappointing.

One team playing like its the most important game in their life and one team thinking they could just show up. Well done Slavia. Perfect gameplan, perfect execution and they even managed to get under our skin. 

Harsh lessons learned hopefully. The good times only feels great because of disapointments like this. Its how we react that is important now.

• Like 4

Yeah, I said it in the match thread: Everyone - from the manager, to the players - thought we could just turn up and win that, and now they all look like proper daft twats. Embarrassing stuff.

Perhaps they need a bit of a humbling.

Credit where it’s due, Prague were excellent and taught us a lesson in European football.

Now, fvck off City, you’re sleeping on the sofa tonight.

• Like 1

The thing is, they played well and they played like they can win.

We were set up to defend and played like we were scared of them. Wrong set up and mentality from the start.  As I said many times before, mentality is important and never take the foot off the pedal. This is what happens when you play both Hamza and Ndidi, plus Amartey as RB, always looking for Kapser to pass to, and trying to make Soyuncu and Evans our creative passers, even AT HOME. If we had gone for it from the start and lost I would not be anywhere near this upset. We treated them like they were Real Madrid. All on Rodgers.

Not normally one to overreact after a one off game. But that was appaling, defence bad, midfield very bad, attack woeful. There were no redeeming qualities about this performance. Comfortably our worst this year and one of the worst under Rodgers. It can be put down to fatigue and I hope to god that's the reason. Brendan, pressure is on to make the top 4 now.