Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Slavia Prague Post match - 2-0

Poor from us today. If we continue to play like that we will struggle to even get back into the Europa League for next season.

Fair play to Slavia. Let’s not take anything away from them. They always looked the better team and stopped our midfield playing the way we wanted to. 

We need to move on and quickly. Big game on Sunday and we need to show a response. I’m sure we’ll be back on form very soon...

Edited by car1os
  • Like 1

Dont post too often but are we really bothered?  It would be nice to win the Europa league but with the added games that comes with it just to be in the Champions League (unless Im wrong to think winning it gets us in), would it have been worth it?  

It was not a good performance at all tonight, passes werent getting to the man and we should have gone at them from the start as the pressed us at the start of the second half, which I thought they would do as they did that in the first leg.  I would rather concentrate on getting 4th place at least, but as  professionals they still should have done better, granted.

Just now, Genesis1 said:

So are we blaming a poor performance or Rodgers throwing the goal in with a poor team selection??

It can be both. Fair to say that the players Rodgers chose should have performed better, and that he could/should have chosen players to get the tie done then think about switching it up. 

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

This forum is full of petulant little children who think football is like Football Manager and you can reload the game after every defeat.

I think you need to tell Brendan that. He treated.this match like footy manager

Edited by Dr The Singh
  • Thanks 1

Fair play to Slavia. They battled and stopped us playing.

Losing Maddison is big for us and the rotation didn't work. Personally I think Under's race is run here now.

There was no real sense of urgency until it was too late and they hit us with two sucker punches.

Slavia deserved it over the two legs. I hope they continue that form and do something even more special this season and make at least the semis.

• Like 1

Poor performance but we need a creative midfielder and we don’t have one. Don’t really believe team selection played a part over the team performance which wasn’t great - we looked tired. Had enough in our starting line up to beat these but didn’t deliver. Sloppy.

in Brendan I trust.

• Like 1