Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Slavia Prague Post match - 2-0

The teams put out in both legs were good enough to get a result. We lost because we underestimated them, and they wanted it more - simple as that. Which is a f****** joke. We could have been given another 90 mins to score 3 goals and we’d have done nothing. 

Let’s hope it helps is for the rest of the season with longer breaks between games. 

Our players are goosed. Losing Praet was such a blow because he was always next in line after Tielemans and Maddison. We should have signed a creative player on loan in January. Tielemans has a lot of strengths and athleticism isn't one of them; playing him for almost every available minute is obviously going to burn him out but what choice do we have?

An inactive January might have been at fault for a collapse last season but if we don't finish in the top 4 this season it 100% is the reason why. Only slight silver lining is Tavares didn't look out of place .

• Like 1

Just now, turtmcfly said:

They were very tidy, but more importantly to a man the played like they were possessed. Whatever the gap in raw ability, it would have to be a lot larger to make up for the massive gap in application and desire.

Big ****ers as well. 

We were lazy/weary/not bothered, but they went for it, we played in a way that suited them. 

3 minutes ago, lcfc cowboys said:

Shut up idiot he has to take some of the blame but so should some of the players and them players know who they are

Lot's of blame for pairing Hamza and Wilf. I watched Hamza closely and he has such poor positional sense for a CM. Ghosts himself out of passages of play 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Get to f**k.

They were dogshit to a man, but they were set up to fail and that was apparent from the team selection. Half a left wing, half a right wing, no one attacking centrally behind Vardy. No urgency and no changes until too late. All smacks of top six arrogance that we're supposed to be the antithesis to.

Not going to bite to someone who ain't got a clue and the people who like your responce ain't also got a clue nighty nite

Edited by lcfc cowboys
  • Haha 1

Didn't want it enough. Bad first XI, Tielemans too slow for CAM, Vardy way off it, Ünder wasteful and not clicking with the lads. Wasteful passes, lethargic passing at the back whole way through. Subs didn't change much and they nab a second.

Ominous really considering it's a similar feeling to the end of last season, reel out any excuses we played awfully, home & away.

Sima would be a decent signing. Need another RW.

• Like 1

Very disappointing performance, but I think it is a blessing in disguise. League is top priority by far, and the squad is stretched to breaking point with lack of depth in midfield and attack and injuries. I think we need at least one or two more players in even without all the injuries.

Hope to see much better from us on Sunday.

Just now, Wolfox said:

Sod this concentrate on the league bollox

Sod the top 4 cup…

Would love to have done well in this Cup…. :angry:

It’s just excuse making mate. We lose a winnable tie and it’s easier to say it’s a good thing we’re out.

It isn’t at all. It’s bollox. Just bollox 

• Like 1

Got exactly what we deserved.

I may have mentioned this before but incase anyone missed it; PLAY YOUR STRONGEST 11!!

No I tell you what, don't. Let's play a weakened team in the cup against Man. U. as well, so we can concentrate on the league and getting into Europe, where we can.........play a weakened 11.

What's the end game; shouldn't it be cups?

Madness.

Edit: Worrying that we never looked like scoring.

Edited by Twitcher
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is a real love story in the midst of heartbreak, a little bit like any good novel on Auschwitz. Sidnei Tavares has come on tonight and we are now all hopelessly besotted. Love really does prevail, even in the horrors of European war.

Slavia Prague are an absolute pig of a twam, ain't having them one bit. We however are an absolute disgrace there tonight. Rodgers has tried to be cute by throwing on aaah kid to try and hide this bad news sandwich and whilst this will be a pivotal moment in Sidnei Tavares Leicester career and we'll likely still win the Prem and the FA Cup, its a pathetic night's work from the big wigs at this club.

#ST50

What did he contribute?

First goal in the tie was always going to be huge given the style of their play and we didn't get close to finding it.

Hugely disappointing, but not overly unexpected given the players out through either injury or selection.

Arguably I'd say that's added more pressure on the side then if we'd have continued to progress. If we dropped out the top 4 after a great run in the Europa then the excuses are there for all to make, if we drop out now (and the likely defeat against United) then there's nowhere to hide.

I sincerely hope Maddison isn't out long term as Tielemans does not look like a 10 and we also miss him in his natural position also.

I’m not sure I’m buying into this ‘having enough quality on the pitch’ lark, we had a much stronger side out last week and were still on the back foot for most of the game.

You’d think Rodgers would start one of Ricardo or Castagne to try and get a goal and then play it defensive. And don’t get me started on our most attacking threat in the previous game being left on the bench. 

9 out of 11 players being defensive minded when we literally need to win the game is a joke

Completely on Rodgers' team selection. Criminal wasting Tielemans at CAM and having Hamza stepping into his position to run around doing and creating nothing. Tielemans in that position makes our team tick. I'm so angry. What a ****ing pointless competition to throw the towel in at this stage.

• Like 3

I know it’s always mardy on here after a defeat, but this is proper extended lockdown, not seeing yer mates down the pub, everything’s a bit rubbish mardy.

Disappointing. But, we’re third, and now get a week of rest before playing Manure in the FA Cup quarters.

Big 2 weeks of league football first. Up n at em

6 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Finally we can focus on qualifying for Europe now that we are out of Europe.

Well we've still got to throw the FA Cup remember to then probably drop out of the top 4 as well.

Then we can rinse and repeat the whole thing next season and so on and so on.... 

I miss the days when football was about trying to win trophies, crazy old fool that I am. 

1 minute ago, SydenhamFox said:

Too much bias and hubris after the first leg, saying we’d just do them at home. They deserve it and we deserved **** all. 

Again, mirror image of the Villa semi.

”Don’t worry about it, our quality will shine through in the second leg”.

Tired legs, daft tactics, a lack of quality up front and a lack of resolve in big games cost us then and it’s cost us now.