Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

People say that football is their religion but its nothing like having a faith. Being religious you always believe that things will be OK and yet with football you are waiting for them to let you down. Unless you've cherry picked who you support but even then it's no guarantee there won't be a lot of heartache.

You ain't telling me that religious folk sling 8 pints down them before church and then start kicking off at the choir and vicar when the service is shit. No they all potter about really happy and content and go home for a modest serving of quiche and a tea. 

Football is torture, its horrendous, its fcukin brilliant. This club will let us down, but we'll also let them down because of what it stirs inside us. This isn't a faith, its a tribal battle. 2 weeks to not have our summers ruined and the missus and kids have a disinterested 37 year old baby moping about the house.

Sort it Leicester and I'll forever believe.

@Ric Flair you haven't been to our church.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

On the other hand we could quite easily lose to Man U and watch Liverpool beat them on Thursday.

We can, and have, beaten anybody on our day, Man C, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U.

We were also 4.0 down at home to Newcastle in our last match and drew with a 10 man most of the match Southampton the game before.

I haven't a clue how this will play out, It's bloody torture.

Come Tuesday night I'll be a nervous wreak.

we cant beat west ham 

OK so with Fulham looking like losing the relegation will be over tonight meaning everyone that West Ham and Liverpool play will have nothing to play for apart from Man Utd v Liverpool (pride). We can safely assume now that West Ham will finish on 67 points and Liverpool at least 66 points.

2 wins and a draw needed in my opinion and crazily even that might not be enough if Liverpool win all 4 🙄

Edited by tickler28

22 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

OK so with Fulham looking like losing the relegation will be over tonight meaning everyone that West Ham and Liverpool play will have nothing to play for apart from Man Utd v Liverpool (pride). We can safely assume now that West Ham will finish on 67 points and Liverpool at least 66 points.

2 wins and a draw needed in my opinion and crazily even that might not be enough if Liverpool win all 4 🙄

Not really worked that out very well have you? Maximum Liverpool can get is 69. So 7 points guarantees it for us. 

I must admit I'm still not confident we'll do it but it'll be close.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Sometimes teams can play with more freedom. A lot of those West Brom players will believe they can earn prem contracts elsewhere. Burnley also won't fold at home to Liverpool. Southampton have already shown they'll give it all until the end of the season. I could be completely wrong but I'm trying to find any reason to be positive. Ofcourse the main thing is us doing the business ourselves then none of the above will matter.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, srex9 said:

So Liverpool and West Ham can't really afford to lose any of their remaining games while hoping we now don't pick up anything else in our last 2. We are so very close! 

If West Ham drop any points they can’t finish above us. 

And 3 points swing - gained by us or lost by Liverpool means they can’t finish above us either (although maybe they could with goal difference) 

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

If West Ham drop any points they can’t finish above us. 

And 3 points swing - gained by us or lost by Liverpool means they can’t finish above us either (although maybe they could with goal difference) 

If they make up the points they’ll make up the goal difference I think, so we’ll need another in that instance.

I think we might have just done enough tbh. Another point and it’s looking very good. Tonight has really made things look so much more positive, and lifted the mood as well. Absolutely massive 

Guest ttfn

If you’d told me on Saturday morning that a win against Spurs would see us into next season’s Champions League I’d have snapped your hand off.

Got to get the job done from here.

Comparison with last year post game 29.

last season we last the last two games and took 9 points. So after seven of the nine we had taken 9 from seven fixtures. 

this season we have taken 10 points from those seven fixtures. if we lose the last two then it’s pretty much as poor an ending as last season. 

we have to make it count this time. 

• Like 1