Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

We'll know far more by the time of our next league game. Any dropped points by Liverpool, West Ham and Everton is huge now with all of them in must win every game territory before the last day of the season.

I’m thinking that Chelsea will rest players and lose tomorrow. And when we beat them (again) next Tuesday they will only be picking up three more points in the PL but they’ll save their season by beating Man City in the CL final.

Just now, Nick said:

I’m thinking that Chelsea will rest players and lose tomorrow. And when we beat them (again) next Tuesday they will only be picking up three more points in the PL but they’ll save their season by beating Man City in the CL final.

I like the optimism but I don’t see it unfortunately!

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

What a difference one game can make.

2130088529_538May11.thumb.JPG.faf455a241e2c9c06334835316f1d179.JPG

I know this is a computer generated simulation but 3rd and 4th points here can't happen as we play each other. Chelsea can get 70 (2W 1L) but if they do we can only end up on 66, 67, 69 or 72. If we have 2 draws and get 68 Chelsea can only end on 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 or 71

• Like 1

Such a shame Manchester City didn't beat Chelsea at the weekend either with a first XI or Aguero slotting his penalty to make it 2-0.

Chelsea being 5pts behind us now with Arsenal tomorrow would have given us loads of other outs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I haven’t done the maths but is there any way that if Chelsea and us mutually draw next Wednesday, it’s done?

If in the interim:

Liverpool lose at Man Utd, or lose to West Brom, or draw both.

Everton drop points at Villa or at home to Sheffield United

West Ham drop points at Brighton

Edited by martyn

Just now, martyn said:

If in the interim:

Liverpool lose at Man Utd

Everton drop points at Villa

West Ham drop points at Brighton

To be honest Everton and West Ham would never catch us on GD... so if Liverpool lose to Man U and Chelsea beat arsenal tomorrow... then we can just pass the ball around in the middle next week. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I haven’t done the maths but is there any way that if Chelsea and us mutually draw next Wednesday, it’s done?

Just checked - yes if L’pool and West Ham slip up 

It could be done as soon as Sunday, imagine winning the FA Cup on Saturday and securing CL football on Sunday. If Carlsberg did weekends..................

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick said:

I don’t think they will rest players tomorrow tbf

Feels weird coming on here and seeing all this optimism. 

There is still work to be done. We could easily lose our next 2 league games 

I really don't want to be going into the Spurs game needing 3 points. Even 1 could be really tough when you are up against Kane/Son combo. 

For some reason, I feel we can get a draw against Chelsea though, so not sure how that helps us over all. Man U have to beat Liverpool IMO 

Still feel we need 3 more points. I'm not quite sure I trust these players to get a result on the last day with the pressure on but we should beat Spurs. Hopefully United win on Thursday and we can relax a little.

Still bothers me that some of you seem content with a draw to Chelsea in the league.

Sure, it would still be beneficial to us, but I want to beat them twice next week and ruin their domestic season for being one of the ESL snakes.

If it's Liverpool that pip them, so be it, but I want to do our job of spoiling the cartel to whatever extent we can.

Edited by OntarioFox

So if Liverpool win 3 out of their 4 remaining and/or West Ham win 3 out of 3, (which IMO 1 is quite possible) we still need at least 1 point + hold that +10 goal difference over West Ham, which could narrow with 3 wins from them and a loss for us. 

This is still far from over IMO. It could easily come down to needing a draw out of the Spurs game if we lose away to Chelsea. 

I'm all for the optimism but this is Leicester! Work to do and more stress no doubt :sweating:

• Like 4